VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone who ever got questioned by LE got a lawyer... our entire system of justice would break down. Honest people not involved need to tell the freaking truth!

I sure wouldn't get a lawyer. Pay money for what? If I wasn't involved then I wouldn't have anything to hide and I would tell them in great detail about my meeting with Hannah had it occurred. I would go back to the scene and describe exactly where I left and which direction Hannah went in. I would know that it was of upmost importance for LE to know everything.

I say when there is smoke there is fire.

He is dodging them for a reason and it isn't because he thinks he is going to be railroaded either.

IMO

Just wanted to throw this out there. There is so much talk about speaking with police vs. not doing so. What would everyone's reaction be if WG was also refusing to speak at this point? By WG speaking, it led us to another person. If LM would speak, it might lead to the next guy and so on. What if WG had of been scared of police and also refused to speak? Ok, you can all yell at me now.... :)

Did WG lead to JM? He had a completely different description of a black male. LE had the tape and didn't even see JM in it until the public pointed it out. It was my understanding they were lead to JM by tips about his car, not from WG.

I am from Charlottesville and grew up right down the road from the last sightings of Hannah. I truly wish everyone on this Board would take a giant step back and breathe. This is a heartbreaking situation but heightened drama will not solve this mystery at all. And, right now, it is a mystery. If you are not from the area, please understand we are surrounded by mountains and lots of winding roads that lead to everywhere and nowhere, it is hard to describe. Right now, she is still missing. As to JLM, please don't assume anything considering the race relations that do exist in my hometown. They are real and subtle yet very serious. The University of Virginia has a lot of power over the town itself. It is a very privileged University and there is a difference between being a member of the University community and being a "townie". This Forum clearly is full of caring individuals. I would love to see the speculation completely stop if you are literally not from the area because it is impossible to describe the town and the surrounding Counties without a guided tour. Speculation can "throw off the scent". And create more problems, sadly. I want to know where Hannah is right now. I want to know where she is. I want this solved. There are too many girls missing from this area in such a short period of time. Some cases solved and some not. Where she was walking is truly not an area one would walk back and forth late at night considering what she was wearing (it is probably getting chilly there) and the distance. Also, the timing of the videos on the time-stamp to me is interesting because she would literally have to be a sprinter to get from McGrady's to the Downtown Mall area in that time not knowing the town as I know it. If JLM has nothing to do with it, he has every right to be frightened. If he has something to do with it, he has every right to be frightened. I am so sorry my little town has to deal with this yet again. Charlottesville and the surrounding counties do have a lot very weird individuals around them. It is a very bizarre place. It looks so pretty on the surface but really has a nasty underbelly. My heart goes out to everyone on this Board and all directly affected by this mystery. Let's all just work together to bring Hannah home.

:wagon:

I can't speak for other people, but I walk with "purpose" when I'm afraid or nervous. I want to look like I know what I'm doing even if I'm unsure about my surroundings. Hence, I pick up my pace and move as assertively as I can--I don't want people to know I'm really lost because that makes me appear vulnerable, and haven't we all been told not to look like a victim?

The other possibility is that HG really thought she knew where she was going part of the evening. It's possible--I watched a young woman, who was speaking to her friends on a phone, insist she was heading toward Main Street and would be there directly. She was speaking clearly and loudly and moving rapidly, though the scent of alcohol followed her. The problem? She was walking directly away from Main
Street. She felt she knew where she was.
I have thought this since the videos surfaced.

They have DNA from those two cases so all they need is JM's DNA to see if it is a match

...Which I would assume they would get from the apt or car in one of those search warrants. But if the DNA matches/matched, JM would be arrested on the spot one would think.

Nobody viewed the release of the identity of the person of interest as irrelevant. We can thank JM's family for officially releasing that information.

Most people who know the Daily Fail's history know you can't trust what they print, and how they get their information. I never said it was irrelevant. But I don't trust their methods at all. Just because they quoted grandma, doesn't mean it came from her...IMO. A lot of news places actually ban them for stuff like that.

You are ignoring the glaring fact that he has been cleared by law enforcement. Now, you could throw out wild speculation as others have, and suggest that he then followed at a distance and struck sometime later than night or something similar. Or, we could invoke Occam's Razor, and say that due to the fact that he voluntarily contacted police, was not seen again with HG and someone else was, and that he was cleared by police, there is no reason to suspect any maliciousness on his part.

BBM. Source for this? I don't recall reading he has been cleared, just that he was a cooperating witness at the time he was last spoken about.

I am from Charlottesville and grew up right down the road from the last sightings of Hannah. I truly wish everyone on this Board would take a giant step back and breathe. This is a heartbreaking situation but heightened drama will not solve this mystery at all. And, right now, it is a mystery. If you are not from the area, please understand we are surrounded by mountains and lots of winding roads that lead to everywhere and nowhere, it is hard to describe. Right now, she is still missing. As to JLM, please don't assume anything considering the race relations that do exist in my hometown. They are real and subtle yet very serious. The University of Virginia has a lot of power over the town itself. It is a very privileged University and there is a difference between being a member of the University community and being a "townie". This Forum clearly is full of caring individuals. I would love to see the speculation completely stop if you are literally not from the area because it is impossible to describe the town and the surrounding Counties without a guided tour. Speculation can "throw off the scent". And create more problems, sadly. I want to know where Hannah is right now. I want to know where she is. I want this solved. There are too many girls missing from this area in such a short period of time. Some cases solved and some not. Where she was walking is truly not an area one would walk back and forth late at night considering what she was wearing (it is probably getting chilly there) and the distance. Also, the timing of the videos on the time-stamp to me is interesting because she would literally have to be a sprinter to get from McGrady's to the Downtown Mall area in that time not knowing the town as I know it. If JLM has nothing to do with it, he has every right to be frightened. If he has something to do with it, he has every right to be frightened. I am so sorry my little town has to deal with this yet again. Charlottesville and the surrounding counties do have a lot very weird individuals around them. It is a very bizarre place. It looks so pretty on the surface but really has a nasty underbelly. My heart goes out to everyone on this Board and all directly affected by this mystery. Let's all just work together to bring Hannah home.

Thanks for the informative post! Can you explain a bit more about what you mean regarding the timing on the videos? How long do you think it would have taken her to walk from McGrady's to the mall vs. what is shown on the time-stamps of the videos? Thanks!

Another local here (Richmond). I have a friend who works in the department of forensics for the state. Here's the thing: it doesn't take as long as ppl think to get DNA back. I assume they have it.

BBM. Source for this? I don't recall reading he has been cleared, just that he was a cooperating witness at the time he was last spoken about.

I do believe in one of the pressers Longo said he had been cleared. Many people have been unsatisfied with that however.

Does "White Guy" refer to the man that has been ruled out by police? If so, why is "White Guy" all over every thread?

What white guy, aside from the man that was ruled out, has a role in this disappearance?

Is there some white guy that has been connected with the disappearance... or is it simply more fun to ignore the facts and imagine scenarios that have no basis in fact?

I would like to remark on the bolded by me part of your post. What do you (or others) think this 32 year old mans intentions/motives were in buying her a drink that evening? IMO, he was taking advantage of the circumstance, so that he could take advantage of her, plain and simple.

Especially since she was already drunk/in distress.

I have never thought the WG had ill intentions or is involved in Hannah's disappearance.

I am glad he came forward. At least HE talked openly and willingly with LE. And I am sure if they wanted to ask him more questions he didn't lawyer up either.

IMO

Wonder if WG was an off duty police officer.

Is there some white guy that has been connected with the disappearance... or is it simply more fun to ignore the facts and imagine scenarios that have no basis in fact?

Finally, someone else understands the mentality of a bulk of the posters ITT.

Being a 'good Christian' doesn't mean one has no self-preservation skills or that should have blind trust in the legal system to always and only do good. Even Christians hire lawyers and follow the advice of lawyers. I don't get this linking him being a Christian to the expectation that even though he is the #1 and only suspect in a missing person case that he shouldn't protect himself or his rights in any way.

My family is a 'good' Christian family. We also were caught up in a court case in which a crime was committed. Initially my family was on the very periphery of the case but then police were given some misinformation and we got sucked in. The media went wild - about 50% of what they printed was 100% false, about 25% was truth that was twisted and out of context and about 25% was truth. The police were vicious and also tried to use pressure tactics to get my parents to 'confess'. Our lawyers told us to say absolutely nothing - nothing about the truth, nothing about anything. Eventually the facts of the case were sorted out in court (although the media never got it even close to right) and my family was once again forgotten. That experience taught me that 'good' Christian or not, one has to legally protect themselves as my family almost lost everything we had because of misinformation.

I'm sorry that you and your family went through that, random.
I was thinking about what he/JM would have done if he were innocent and had just dropped HG off at home or parted ways when they left Tempo, once she was reported missing. But he would realize that he would a prime suspect if he came forward and might not talk out of self-preservation, even if innocent. I certainly realize it's his right not to talk. Just trying to understand and think about it through his perspective whether innocent or guilty. It's hard thinking about having this person so close at work and close to kids and come to grips with what he may have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg