VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melissa J. Hipolit ‏@MelissaCBS6 1m
BREAKING: New wanted poster shows Jesse Matthew is wanted for abduction and attempt to defile #HannahGraham @CBS6

Looks like LE got sme forensic results or something back. JM is in big trouble. Hope they found Hannah Graham alive. That would make my day.

I wonder where they got the evidence to up those charges???????? Something come back from the car?

My first post here, sorry if repeat because I can't keep up with the thread, but here is the VA Code regarding "abduction with intent to defile":

§ 18.2-48. Abduction with intent to extort money or for immoral purpose.

Abduction (i) of any person with the intent to extort money or pecuniary benefit, (ii) of any person with intent to defile such person, (iii) of any child under sixteen years of age for the purpose of concubinage or prostitution, (iv) of any person for the purpose of prostitution, or (v) of any minor for the purpose of manufacturing child *advertiser censored* shall be punishable as a Class 2 felony. If the sentence imposed for a violation of (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) includes a term of confinement less than life imprisonment, the judge shall impose, in addition to any active sentence, a suspended sentence of no less than 40 years. This suspended sentence shall be suspended for the remainder of the defendant's life subject to revocation by the court.

Under Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-48 “Abduction (i) of any person with the intent to extort money or pecuniary benefit, (ii) of any person with intent to defile such person, (iii) of any child under sixteen years of age for the purpose of concubinage or prostitution, (iv) of any person for the purpose of prostitution, or (v) of any minor for the purpose of manufacturing child *advertiser censored* shall be punishable as a Class 2 felony. If the sentence imposed for a violation of (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) includes a term of confinement less than life imprisonment, the judge shall impose, in addition to any active sentence, a suspended sentence of no less than 40 years. This suspended sentence shall be suspended for the remainder of the defendant’s life subject to revocation by the court.”
http://srislawyer.com/virginia-crim...nia-fairfax-attorneys-violation-code-18-2-48/

I can't imagine that LE is having what seems to be an otherwise unplanned presser if there weren't some news of an affirmative nature--something is found, something is known, someone is found.

However, I remain mystified by the location of the presser at the bus barn rather than LE headquarters. Guess we'll know soon enough.

agree they didn't call a specially presser to say nothing or to say hey we are idiots....

I guess until they find her they can't say if she assaulted for sure...?

SSN is back on the poster. Not that it will matter for JM, but this is what I mean about LE not caring about redaction of that in their procedures

Sufficient probable cause for an arrest warrant.

Sounds like Longo heard the feedback about how he came off and is trying hard to seem calmer.

I wanted an early night here. It's midnight but no way am I going to miss this

Absolutely, and social darwinism is pretty much the mother of all confirmation biases when we look at people's position in society and how readily one attributes negative traits to them on that basis.

Absolutely. Right from the beginning people couldn't understand why she would speak to someone who was black, overweight, had dreads, dressed in shorts, 32, and poor. Everyone has ideas about what each of those things mean to them and why they would never speak to someone with one or more of those qualities. People are drawn to sameness. We tend to judge people similar / familiar to us on their intentions and people different from us on their behavior.

It can go the other way as well. A family members confirmed bias might be innocence and they continue to only see the good. Or they trust someone just because they are also young, white, well dressed and well off...just like them. Those are safe trustworthy qualities to that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl