VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read

City police Capt. Gary Pleasants said Matthew spoke with a lawyer for roughly an hour, left the station and went to his grandmother’s Albemarle home. A short time later, federal authorities, who had been monitoring Matthew’s movements, saw him drive away in his sister’s car with his mother, traveling at a high rate of speed in a manner so “erratic” and “reckless” that authorities were unable to follow him without endangering themselves and the public, police said.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_a4975abe-438b-11e4-964d-0017a43b2370.html

Note that he did not leave the police station at a high rate of speed, (according to the ones that were monitoring his movements) it was his GrandMother's house.

We wait. For an arrest and the rest of the forensics. At which time charges "may" increase. What will be released to the Public remains to be seen. Most importantly the search for Hannah continues. IMO

Good afternoon :)

Chief Longo said (paraphrasing) at the PC last night that they were gathering/waiting for information which would take a few days, & that he wouldn't go into details on what they're waiting for. He said that once they do have it, they will be "very forthright".

How long does a person have to turn themselves in when there is a warrant out for their arrest before that becomes a crime as well?

Answered by chickagirl. Thank you!!!! :)

Is it ethical for an attorney to continue representing a client who has warrants, and the attorney knows where the client is, but the client refuses to turn himself in?

Is the attorney ethically obligated to quit representing the client?

we have a victim/missing girl.....a suspect/man.........I dont understand how race figures into this. even if the suspect is cleared, he was suspected due to his appearence on video as the last known person with the missing person. He was not suspected due to his race. just saying.....

Ha, I noticed this too. He's fired up! "Longo is in way over his head. .. sounds like Barney Fife on steroids. .. botched this case. . . "

this was a reply to Perplexed 123's comment about the caller!

Ha, I noticed this too. He's fired up! "Longo is in way over his head. .. sounds like Barney Fife on steroids. .. botched this case. . . "

this was a reply to Perplexed 123's comment about the caller!

I turned him off, couldn't stand his pontificating.

If someone wants to "follow" a thread, go to "thread tools" up at the right top of each page. Then click on "subscribe to thread". You don't have to make a post to subscribe.

Police could utilize Stingray on lawyer's phone and wait for him to talk to Jesse. They'd have Jesse's location then. They (police) just better not have to explain in court how they got that info. ;-)

Is it ethical for an attorney to continue representing a client who has warrants, and the attorney knows where the client is, but the client refuses to turn himself in?

Is the attorney ethically obligated to quit representing the client?

Not sure if this is the scenario....did lawyer tell him to flee until further notice? It's hard to say what is going on "behind the scenes" The warrant was issued yes, but doesn't feel like much search activity going on for JM. Im curious why his lawyer seemed to be in hiding too.

It's posted here in the "media" section in a post by bakerlady

ack- I hit the wrong button. This is regarding the question about Hannah's twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jyquanstewart699