VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, her friends said they thought she was off studying in the library (not unusual, given her grades IMO). But I can't imagine how her close friends, those in her classes and anyone who knew her must be feeling. Heck, I'm no where near her and I wish I could have been on the mall at that time. :sigh:

Off on a completely different tangent - Hannah was last seen 1am Saturday, but not reported missing til 4pm Sunday. Do we know who she lived with? Bet whoever received the "lost" text message wishes they had done more.

If he is a good samaritan, would it not follow that he would want to help her parents and the police find her, so he would give them the info he has?

Very good point, gwood22949... The not knowing is the worse for the families of missing persons. JM's silence is indicative of a person that lacks empathy for others including his family and the entire Charlottesville, VA community. JM's behavioral traits seem to indicate a very narcissistic personality, imo..
His futile attempt to elude investigators by the high speed chase and then his desperate ploy to escape justice by absconding over 1,000 miles away to Galveston, TX, speaks volumes, imo..

I sure hope they can get some info out of JM.. The fact that he bolted to Texas, at least to me, implies that he knows something, hopefully hes willing to talk..
Does Hannah have a twitter? facebook or instagram page? that anyone has a link to?

why would the time stamp be wrong?

this has been known to happen, for example you have no network and the text in some situations either fails to send or in others it stays in limbo and sends later, giving the actual time is was sent rather than when it tried to send

Are investigators from VA allowed to go down to TX to attempt to interview JM while he awaits his extradition?

Is it probably JM's lawyer will head down to TX?

Sorry if these questions have been asked.....wasn't around much last night due to having to be a parent....;).

They can go to Egypt with a court warrant. So yes. No where is off limits. Keep in mind other countries take time and thy have to go with government officals like FBI , CIA, DEA etc., same for other states. From my understanding Texas is very very well connected to Virginia. The could go there early as Saturday.

Oh I think there will be more tidbits like that one .

does anyone here think he might be a tad off?

Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
CPD Chief T. Longo was asked on Fox & Friends if he believed that this case involved a serial sexual predator/killer. He replied that it would premature for him to conclude that at this stage of the investigation(paraphrased).

Ok, we understand the Chief's thinking, but it wouldn't surprise me, if that comes to pass. MOO

Me either, katiewonders.. All indicators point to a serial sexual predator/killer investigation, imo. Many times the things unseen and unspoken reveal more info than those that are, imo. It would be logical to conclude that the FBI BAU2 is involved in the Hannah Graham investigation due to other similar abductions/missing persons contained by the FBI VICAP database, imo. Yet, the FBI has been virtually silent and unseen with the exception of the comment at the presser last evening. Imo, there has been a federal task force investigating the many disappearances/murders in the Charlottesville, VA area over the past decade... JMO

Got the door slammed on me as I posted right as the last thread closed so bringing this over here...

Realizing that most WSers also probably have paid far more attention to not only POIs, but also the specifics about them, and have sought out or at least have seen more on TV or online than a large majority of the general public, and also are more apt to pay more careful attention to details, I'm especially curious about this!

What would all the WSers do if they believe they possibly saw a POI from a wanted poster that has been disseminated about and LE is looking for and requesting information on the whereabouts of the person?

Would you...

Look at someone and try to determine if it was the person you'd maybe seen on TV or on a poster once and call, even if very unsure if it's the POI?

Or look several times, trying to catch a clearer image, perhaps even end up taking an extended look, or even staring (intentionally or not)?

Or maybe even take several looks at a person, possibly also looking at a phone trying to look at the POI picture, and perhaps end up taking a longer or lingering look to confirm or deny your suspicions after looking at a poster/picture/whatever?

Or would you talk to someone else, trying to get a second or third (or some other additional) opinion on if they thought your suspicions were valid? And/or if they thought something should be done?

Or would you do nothing unless you knew for certain?

Or would you do nothing? (Meaning period - regardless of degree of certainty)

Or _____ (fill in the blank)?

Would your answer vary if you thought you saw a possible missing person and not a possible person of interest or possible suspect?

If someone caught my eye as a person on a missing poster or show or whatever, I'd very, very discretely try to get a good look to make sure I'm not wasting LE's time. If I only got a glance and could not get the second look, I'd call. It's up to LE as to what they want to do with the info. If I could get a second look or an extended look without looking obvious, I would.

Say in the case of JM,if someone caught my eye as looking like him, a second look might show that the guy is no where near 6 feet tall, not heavy and then I would not be calling LE wasting time. I wouldn't bother with nuances with looks but a second more careful gaze could eliminate a lot of prospects.

Wouldn't matter who the person might be other than if I knew the circumstances of the "wanted" Frankly, I feel that LE played games with that "wanted" poster of JM and am not convinced that had they approached him in a better way, that they would have gotten some info. Knocking on someone's door at an early hour with a search warrent for car and cell phone, and then seizing both, then searching apt is not a good way to get anyone to talk even if innocent. It can go either way, and I think LE lost out taking the rough route.

But given that there is a missing young woman, and he clearly was the last one known with her, yes, despite the fact I think that the poster was heavy handed, I would have called, if I saw anyone looking like JM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyidaho