GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if the listing was Beverly's, or someone else's? In my experience with foreclosures, the previous owner is never very happy about having lost their home. Could she have consulted with the owner before the home was foreclosed, or maybe had it listed by the owner before the bank took it back? Could it be that Beverly then made an arrangement with the bank to list the property?
Maybe her sign appeared and that the previous owner felt betrayed?

Hopefully one of the neighbors saw a vehicle there and can give a description.

There is an area down that way not to far that is a recreation picnic Fishing playground and some camping, It's called willow beach and it's not as nice as it once was lots of riff raff and shady people hanging there a lot the past few times we rode down to fish it felt unsafe and we decided not to return there it was such a nice area to go but it has been overrun with unsavory individuals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that valuable info. Mammy blue!

A vacant home can attract unsavory people. I have heard stories from Realtors who have shown up to unlock a vacant home only to find that someone was in there taking a shower or sleeping.

If someone who hung out at the park realized that this particular home was vacant and for sale, maybe he hatched a plot to lure a female Realtor out there. She shows up, sees no car, thinks her appointment isn't there yet. She opens up the home, thinking she is alone and is caught unaware by someone already hiding inside? That would explain why, if no one in the neighborhood saw another vehicle pull up.

I still don't understand why she would have just met someone out there with no way to confirm their ID, or even if they had the money or financing available to make a purchase. Whoever it was must have been a very smooth talker or someone she thought she knew. MOO

A general contracting business comes up for the address FWIW

Whoever she showed the home to would have had to contact her somehow - email, phone, text - so with phone records or access to her email I would imagine it would be relatively easy for cops to figure out who she was showing the house to.

Early reports on missing cases can be so confusing & then later on even more so. Husband said she really wanted to sell this property so he didn't become concerned until around eight o'clock. Drove to the property & then reported her missing. Executive at her agency said she had two other properties to show which she missed. Soooooooo confusing.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/sep/26/realtor-goes-show-house-disappears-deputies-say

(there's a photo of her car at the link, also a video below it, that shows her car parked further up the drive right by the house, pretty much hidden from view by trees)

View attachment 60062

video is also here: https://vine.co/u/909985375634731008

See the little yellow evidence markers near the car? I wonder if she dropped things there...business cards, pen, etc.?

A first I thought it was a tissue (by #4 marker) but after further consideration I'm uncertain :dunno:

I was thinking that she must have been assaulted or threatened inside the house but the evidence markers right beside her car make me wonder. If she was taken from the driveway, why was the door to the house open? Did she open the house then wait inside her air conditioned vehicle for the buyer to pull up? Was she immediately forced into a different vehicle? This is not fitting with my previous scenarios. It just seems so much more likely that something happened inside the home where it is more private.

FB chatter on her friends fb is that an older model 2 door Slate Gray extended-cab pickup truck kind of beat up was seen at that home. Also that her phone was used on Baucum Road then Roosevelt Road.

Thanks for that valuable info. Mammy blue!

A vacant home can attract unsavory people. I have heard stories from Realtors who have shown up to unlock a vacant home only to find that someone was in there taking a shower or sleeping.

If someone who hung out at the park realized that this particular home was vacant and for sale, maybe he hatched a plot to lure a female Realtor out there. She shows up, sees no car, thinks her appointment isn't there yet. She opens up the home, thinking she is alone and is caught unaware by someone already hiding inside? That would explain why, if no one in the neighborhood saw another vehicle pull up.

I still don't understand why she would have just met someone out there with no way to confirm their ID, or even if they had the money or financing available to make a purchase. Whoever it was must have been a very smooth talker or someone she thought she knew. MOO

To be honest, Realtors do it all the time.

I was told ever since the bank meltdowns that it takes forever to get a loan through. She may have been excited at the thought of a cash sale and took off without thinking.

Via Facebook it sounds like volunteer searchers will be out at 9AM tomorrow morning.

I hope the possibility is being looked into that she knew the person well enough if they called and wanted to look at the house she ran by to show them off record, also let's think of this all those houses about have their own docks and boats possibly someone she knew lured her there but arrived by boat and left by boat!! That way no vehicles were seen and no one probably thought anything about anyone on the water in the boats as nice it has been here. Just a thought I hope they check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told ever since the bank meltdowns that it takes forever to get a loan through. She may have been excited at the thought of a cash sale and took off without thinking.

You don't have to get a loan before deciding which home to buy, you just let the mortgage company run your credit and confirm your income and debts. It takes a phone call and a FAX and is free at any reputable bank. We sometimes get it done in an hour. Same day approval is very common.

As for Realtors doing it all the time, I learned the first month what a waste that is. I don't show without at least a pre-qualification or proof of funds, ever. Neither do most Realtors who work in my area. They teach this in the ongoing education classes too. Things are very different now that it can all be handled electronically. It is so quick and easy. If they can't qualify for the loan, they have no business asking a Realtor to spend their time and gas money giving personal tours of a home they can't purchase.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...-on-search-of-be/89164/UikpIAyP4Ei-yJo80e5Vug

Quote: "People living near the home are shocked. Some told us they saw Beverly's car and another vehicle in the driveway last night but thought nothing of it because the home is for sale."

"A tall skinny man got out of the truck to pull up the one he was showing the house to," a neighbor said."
(Note: I just quoted from the article... Part of the report is unclear due to typos or ???)

LTP but I'm in CA, one of my good friends is a Realtor (and, in fact, found me my rental after my divorce) and it is hot. Not as hot as AZ, but my friend and her co-workers do not dress in what most people would call business attire. When you are running in and out of A/C offices and showing homes by appointment, you need to be comfortable. A smart sleeveless shirt and smart shorts with sandals is 100% acceptable business attire, especially with statement jewelry.

My first thought is always the husband/boyfriend/domestic partner. My second is the lover/his or her partner. In this case, I'm scared Beverley came across a Mr Kipper.

Mr Kipper was the name on the log of UK realtor Suzy Lamplugh before she vanished. It's a huge case in the UK, still unsolved, and involved her showing a property and vanishing into thin air.

I may be wrong but I'm feeling a targeted abduction here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2