GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very scary. This most definitely sounds like an abduction prayers she makes it home safely

I just can't imagine what her family is going through. Please let her be found safe!

I dont think this is a very smart perp and will be caught up with. Why pick a house with neighbors so close? If the rumors are true about the truck once the media get on it someone will recognize it. And using her phone or making her use it was a bad move.

I wonder if the home has a safe room? There was a local DJ that went missing a couple years ago and it was a big deal cops search crews investigators all over his place and area with family there too, the guy was asleep in the safe room the whole time! I doubt she would go to the safe room to sleep but could have been taken to it if one exists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if there has been any activity on her bank accounts. (Anyone using her atm cards?)

Property records indicate the grantee changed to the 'Sec of VA' on 7/11/14, assume this means it was a VA loan.
Wonder if anything is known about the previous owners or any of their acquaintances?

Any agent can show any home regardless of which company or agent lists it. The listing agent represents the seller. When a buyer is house shopping, the agent representing them is called a buyer's agent. Sometimes, the listing agent will get a call from someone who does not have a buyer's agent. In that case the listing agent will show their own listing. I think that the home she was showing was her own listing, which means that she represents the owner.

This lady is not just an agent, she is a broker. According to her website, she was the #3 producer in Arkansas. I can't imagine that she would just pop out to show a home to an unidentified person. Usually the only agents who will do that are brand new ones who don't know any better.

http://bcarterhomes.crye-leike.com/vagentinfo.php

Which makes me wonder if it was someone she knew? (Late to the dance on this case, so forgive me if this has already been determined).

I agree with the earlier post about her attire, she is listed as #3 producer and a million dollar agent, I can't understand why the casual wear? I know the area and there are some beautiful homes there and most people that way are wealthy farmers that have lived in the area most their lives. I'm wondering if it was someone she knew from that way who told her they just wanted to stop in and look, you know on friendly terms not official and she was duped into it?? Lots of strange things about this.

I see I'm not the only one that went in this direction of thinking. Yeah, the casual clothing just bolsters the idea in my head that if she did indeed meet someone for a showing, it was someone she knew and a spur-of-the-moment type thing. (Again, late to the dance, so some of this might have already been answered/explained/debunked).

This is not looking good! I was able to find the co-worker with initials JCH on FB and someone just posted on her timeline that they (company) need to look at implementing a policy where all ID was checked and verified as well as held for pick up after the scheduled appointment (paraphrasing). I can't imagine they did not have a secure system in place. Although it just may be that they are referring the "pick-up ID" as an added security policy. JMO

I pray she is found safe...and SOON!

Goodness! In my neck of the woods even apartment leasing agents make a copy of your ID and require that you leave the ID at the office before they show you a vacant apartment on property!

I know the area grew up around there. The backwaters of the Arkansas river runs through there in fact a lot of the houses you go out in the back yard and have your own beach like area. The people living around there in those houses are pretty well off and no doubt everyone knows each other and I assume if anyone were home would have noticed anything or anybody. So praying there were neighbors home to give leads

So do you think it's possible that she could have left with someone by boat?

Do we know if the listing was Beverly's, or someone else's? In my experience with foreclosures, the previous owner is never very happy about having lost their home. Could she have consulted with the owner before the home was foreclosed, or maybe had it listed by the owner before the bank took it back? Could it be that Beverly then made an arrangement with the bank to list the property?
Maybe her sign appeared and that the previous owner felt betrayed?

She was not the listing agent of the home.

What would the motive be? Robbery? There was nothing to take if the house was empty, her purse was left in the car, and a nice caddy left behind. Certainly wasn't robbery. Attractive woman...her picture in every Sunday paper real estate section....was her pic on signs in the yards of homes for sales...with her phone number??
Was she being stalked? The "unknown person" called HER to see the home...they did not call the listing agent. Why did they call HER out of all the possible RE agents out there?

On the flip side...wonder how her personal life was going...
Was it common for the husband to know the exact address of the home she was showing? She had been in RE for a while. I can imagine she may say...hey...I've got a home to show this afternoon...I will be late. After all the years of being in RE...would she give him the exact location of each home with each showing? I can see how she would be excited early on in her career about her first few homes and would be detailed with her day of appointments. But she had been doing this for years. I am not in RE but I rarely tell my husband my exact location. I may say I have to drop by the store on the way home...or I am meeting the girls for a margarita...I will be late and will call on the way home. Maybe I should tell him. I don't think there is a right or wrong...just trying to figure out this case. Hope she is found soon.

MOO

Caught up on the thread - just a couple of random thoughts....

I don't find her attire strange at all. There are some very nice dressy knee-length shorts outfits. Also, I don't necessarily believe it had to be someone she knew or thought she knew because a post on here (post 94) referenced her missing two appointments, so I would assume that was how she was dressing for the day. JMO

Also to the real estate agents on here, thank you for your input. You are right on target because as a recent buyer, my good friend who is a real estate agent would not even show me a house until I was pre-qualified. She wasn't being hateful, just using good business sense. She didn't want me to fall in love with a house and then someone who had already gone through the process, buy it before I could get the paperwork done.

Just looking at Beverly's real estate site, she appears to know what she is doing. I'm just so tired of predators ruining people's lives when all they are doing is working or going to college, etc.

Searches are meeting this morning before 9am at Stonelinks Golf Course (7.5 miles from the listing)

Pulaski Co. Sheriff Addresses Crowd on Search of Beverly Carter
11 hours ago

...He said that on Saturday morning at 9:00, a staging area for the search will be on Faulkner Lake Road near the Stonelinks Golf Course.

...A tall skinny white man got out of the truck to pull up the one he was showing the house to," a neighbor said.

...While one of the detectives said he believes Beverly was taken from the home, no description on the possible suspect or a vehicle have been released.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...-on-search-of-be/89164/UikpIAyP4Ei-yJo80e5Vug

What would the motive be? Robbery? There was nothing to take if the house was empty, her purse was left in the car, and a nice caddy left behind. Certainly wasn't robbery. Attractive woman...her picture in every Sunday paper real estate section....was her pic on signs in the yards of homes for sales...with her phone number??
Was she being stalked? The "unknown person" called HER to see the home...they did not call the listing agent. Why did they call HER out of all the possible RE agents out there?

On the flip side...wonder how her personal life was going...
Was it common for the husband to know the exact address of the home she was showing? She had been in RE for a while. I can imagine she may say...hey...I've got a home to show this afternoon...I will be late. After all the years of being in RE...would she give him the exact location of each home with each showing? I can see how she would be excited early on in her career about her first few homes and would be detailed with her day of appointments. But she had been doing this for years. I am not in RE but I rarely tell my husband my exact location. I may say I have to drop by the store on the way home...or I am meeting the girls for a margarita...I will be late and will call on the way home. Maybe I should tell him. I don't think there is a right or wrong...just trying to figure out this case. Hope she is found soon.

MOO

I wondered the same thing, but it is a small town and she might not have given him the address, rather just said she was showing that foreclosed home on such and such road. He said she was supposed to bring him dinner and he was worried by 8 p.m. Supposedly she had other homes to show that evening. I have not heard where those other homes were, but I wonder if he knew the locations. That seems odd that he'd know to go to that house...maybe that was to be her last showing of the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419