JLM: Other Possible Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this thread, sorry if already posted..
Thinking that if it turns out JM did have something to do with this case, then maybe he ought to be looked at in some of the other missing and murdered black women cases, imo.

"Morton disappeared in October, 2009. Her body was discovered a few weeks later in a shallow grave on Candlers Mountain.

The Campbell County Sheriff's Office and Lynchburg Police have been looking for her killer ever since. Investigators said their leads have gone cold".

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...andra-morton-murder-107656.html#ixzz3EprQgt24
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Longo's behavior during this case has been very different than his usual demeanor and behavior.

it's clearly intentional. I think maybe they are trying to pressure those around him to feel guilty give up more info. I got much love for chief longo :rocker::rocker:

I'm wondering about Dashad too though. JM may have gotten rid of that other guy to make it seem like he did it. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW HE GOT BY WITH SO MUCH CRAP!!! I could get a ticket and they look at me for the rest of the year....lol Is he smart or are the other people stupid? That is the question!!!!

I think that is unlikely McFadden (aka that other dude) did not disappear at the same time so he would have had to hunt him down. Plus when cops talk Mcfadden he had a questionable story the he immediately is just gone. If it wasn't for Mcfadden Would say this one has a 50/50 chance but for now I put the likely hood at 10% or maybe less.

I would be shocked if it was not him. Think of the likelihood. Most women who are victims of homicide are killed by a male sexual partner. I assume that in the Morton case, those people were ruled out. Then what's left? Homicide as part of robbery? Yeah but those people generally do not dump the body. To me that leaves rapist/serial killer as most likely. And we know this guy likes fall, being extra brutal, and would have been familiar with that area.

Agree, one thing thats sets cassandra morton out as a likely candidate is that as far as I can find there are no even reasonable suspects and the LE even has said they are running out of leads.

This case is so much bigger than anyone ever could have.imagined. Is this guy the first serial killer we have seen in a while? Since Ted Bundy???

no serial killers are actually way more common than hollywood has lead you to believe. There are probably hundreds of them out there active in this country right now even RATif you assume he also killed samantha cook (highly likely) from the same area just a year before.

Agree, one thing thats sets cassandra morton out as a likely candidate is that as far as I can find there are no even reasonable suspects and the LE even has said they are running out of leads.

I read somewhere that one of the reasons that the cops had limited leads is because Morton may have worked as a prostitute from time to time. In fact, the news reports indicated this by saying that she had not had a permanent home in the days leading up to her disappearance and had gone from place to place.

Brittanee Drexel disappeared April 2009 during her spring break vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC. Last seen walking on Ocean Boulevard.....

I thought of her too. Even went so far as to map out the drive and it was over 6 hours away. Could be something look into and see if he traveled there during that time period.

Id like to know how many days of actual college and employment --during
2002-2014 JM was absent from school and work.

Wonder if his friends ever noticed scratches on his face , arms, etc?

If there was another rape at Newport then I am seriously going to lose my sheet. This is criminal. Absolutely criminal. All the people at these colleges who talked victims out of pressing charges, or who thought that an apt punishment for rape is being kicked out of the university, ought to face criminal charges.

When all this comes out, then I demand the names of all the people at these colleges who gladly assisted this rapist/serial killer in his quest to get more women to victimize. Any person who knowingly tries to prevent a rape from being prosecuted ought to be charged with a very serious crime.

We desperately need an overall of this asinine system where some bonehead at the college with no training or authority gets to be judge and jury for a very serious felony!

To same I am livid right now would be an understatement.

/okay might head outside and do some weed whacking.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/1...d-for-halting-abuse-study.html?referrer=&_r=0

Read this report on Bob Jones U. Seems like this is a real problem everywhere and it needs fixed! Outside LE needs to be involved in these cases not "inside" university security. College students need to be protected and informed!

LE has searched at lest twice for Hannah at Carter Mountain orchard, which is near where Bonnie was last seen, so they may be thinking the same thing. Bonnie was last seen at about 1am on July 12.

Another woman also went missing near Charlottesville this summer. (Janet) Renee Field, 49, was last on July 2 by her husband at home and her car was found 20 miles away in the Zion Crossroads park and ride lot. Zion Crossroads is about 17 miles east of Charlottesville.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?248908-VA-Janet-Renee-Field-49-Fluvanna-2-July-2014
(she looks kind of like Karen from Galveston who spotted LJM on the beach)

Hopefully the search for Hannah will also bring Bonnie home to her family. It was 1am as the clock changed to Saturday when Bonnie was last sighted on 12th July. Was JLM possibly cruising in that neck of the woods? Was he doing a spot of part-time cab driving?

I just hate how rape is treated so much differently than other crimes. Colleges act as though it is some misunderstanding that just needs to be worked out. If someone were murdered on campus, then you would not find anyone who would think that the college should just deal with it internally. Rape should be treated the exact same way.

I read somewhere that one of the reasons that the cops had limited leads is because Morton may have worked as a prostitute from time to time. In fact, the news reports indicated this by saying that she had not had a permanent home in the days leading up to her disappearance and had gone from place to place.

I had read the bolded also and suspected what you have said. This is my #1 reason to think she might not fit it and that she probably lived a high risk lifestyle which maybe behind her death.

I just hate how rape is treated so much differently than other crimes. Colleges act as though it is some misunderstanding that just needs to be worked out. If someone were murdered on campus, then you would not find anyone who would think that the college should just deal with it internally. Rape should be treated the exact same way.

Rape and murder are NOT the same thing. Rape should be treated as a major assault is what I think, and needs the same preponderance of proof as such, which is sometimes difficult to get. No, a college, a company, any organization should NOT be just handling internally, but calling in LE to handle it as it would a major assault case.

Rape and murder are NOT the same thing. Rape should be treated as a major assault is what I think, and needs the same preponderance of proof as such, which is sometimes difficult to get. No, a college, a company, any organization should NOT be just handling internally, but calling in LE to handle it as it would a major assault case.

I never said they were the same thing. My point is that if someone were murdered on campus, a college would never dream of conducting their own investigation; they would naturally leave that to the police.

My own theory is that widespread misogyny has created a culture of trying to hush up rape claims on college campuses.

How many other cases could LJM possibly be involved in? I don't see a lot of unsolved assaults. The majority of them that I saw, seem to have been attributed through DNA to another individual that was jailed in 2007.
Do you think he has been murdering 1 person a year? or assaulting people once a month? I wonder if he used craigslist, and was ever over aggressive and maybe some people didn't report the situation because they didn't think they would be believed?

To me, it seems like based on the information available so far, and based on patterns of other criminals with this kind of behavior, that there would be a considerable amount of unsolved crime attributable to him, but I don't see a lot out there. That is in no way meant to play down the egregious nature of the crimes we now have linked to him through DNA, i just wonder if some of some of what he did was never reported or misreported or ...never reported?

The assault was in 2005, MH happened in 2009. and HG is 2014, that leaves a 5 year gap.

To me, I get the impression that people that commit these crimes more often than once every 4-5 years.

I just wonder if there is a database of unsolved assaults somewhere in a nearby county that hes involved in, or if he moved somewhere else for a period of time.

I never said they were the same thing. My point is that if someone were murdered on campus, a college would never dream of conducting their own investigation; they would naturally leave that to the police.

My own theory is that widespread misogyny has created a culture of trying to hush up rape claims on college campuses.

Actually, most college police departments have primary responsibility for all crimes committed in their jurisdiction. HG's abduction occurred off campus -- in the City of Charlottesville's jurisdiction.

UVa states: "The University Police Department is a professional police department providing the same level of service offered by a municipal police department, as well as other services unique to an academic institution."

Hi, I'm new. I've always been interested in web sleuthing (I remember reading some really good detective work on a blog when Taylor Behl went missing), and this case has hit me close to home as I live in Virginia and am a mother of a daughter. When JLM was named a POI, I realized I had a FB friend in common with him. She has been defending him and encouraging people to contribute to his fund, which has made me even more drawn to knowing more about the case.

Anyway, I've been searching through Virginia Missing persons reports to see if there are any other possible connections: (I apologize if any of these have been posted before. I'm trying to keep up with these threads but they move so quickly! Posting in chronological order.)

These are definitely long shots as the most obvious have already been listed, but I figured it couldn't hurt. I tried to do some cross-checking and eliminated a few where they were suspected run-aways or had partners as obvious suspects. Anyway, here goes:

La-teasha Lamone Brooks, Farmville VA 8/29/02
This is the location of Longwood University. No LU football game there that day, but I suppose he could have been visiting a friend at Longwood. It is 48 miles from Lynchburg.
http://www.missingin.org/reg754/la_teasha_lamone_brooks.htm

Rachel Nicole Good, Elkton VA 10/18/03
Elkton is 37 miles from Charlottesville.
Apparently there is a police officer with whom she was having an affair who was originally investigating the case, and then he resigned.
This would have been days after JLM left Christopher Newport, perhaps feeling very cagey.
http://www.missingin.org/reg916/rachel_nicole_good.htm

Vestora Leatrise Spriggs, Norfolk VA 1/28/2005
http://www.missingin.org/reg956/vestora_leatrise_spriggs.htm

Quaisra Khan, Alexandria VA 8/26/2006
Included because of promixity to 2005 rape
http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/2655-missing-woman-qaisra-khan-va-08262006/

Tawanda Latisha Hill, Norfolk VA, 11/19/2009
http://www.missingin.org/reg4623/tawanda_latisha_hill.htm

Arianna Ivane Davis, Henrico VA 4/30/10
A stretch - about 85 miles from Charlottesville (I believe this location is in the eastern/farther side of Henrico Co.)
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_arianna.html

Leyla McCullagh, Loudoun VA 8/14/12
Husband arrested on a weapons charge.
http://www.missingin.org/reg8010/leyla_mccullagh.htm

Zulma Lexandra Pabon, Midlothian VA 6/06/14
Last seen on a Friday night
Midlothian is a suburb of Richmond, about an hour from Charlottesville
http://www.missingin.org/reg9613/zulma_lexandra_pabon.htm

At least now we have the dates in which he was in the Virginia Beach/ Norfolk area...
Matthew also lived in Newport News and attended Christopher Newport University in 2003, from January through October 15. Late Tuesday afternoon, the Newport News Police Department confirmed that they are re-examining two cold cases involving girls who went missing in 2003. Sophia Rivera was last seen on Sept. 7, 2003 and Autumn Day was last seen on July 24, 2003.
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/virginia/2014/09/30/matthew-investigated/16502865/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519