JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is meant to be in response to someone asking the question, "why didn't he leave sooner?"

I am wondering if LE is not too invested in LJM at this time, and not pursuing other leads. Or, maybe they are, and the apparent forensic evidence linking to past cases is a plant to ferret out another perp. Who knows. This may be an unpopular thought, but what if this boils down to LJ seeing the writing on the wall...and thinks he's yet another black man that will go down for something he did not do -again. Cruising for chicks one night, the next being called a rapist, kidnapper and murderer? In fact lost his college career over some allegations that were never substantiated to the best of my knowledge(feel free to correct me). I understand that he has a past that is tied to alleged SA, but no convictions. It wouldn't be the first time a black man was unjustly accused. Therefore, let's just say he did try to pick up the girl, thought he had a chance due to her being drunk, smooth talk her, impress her with going to an upscale bar, etc., he was seen on security, he tried to do the right thing by stepping forward (going to police), then decided, wth, I can't deal with this crap, they're gonna frame me, I'm outta here. That's why he drove recklessly (pizzed off), waited to leave, to get away from the perceived BS. Maybe he is talking, but they aren't telling. LE has no obligation to release case sensitive information. Maybe they aren't telling, b/c he really does not know anything other than his failed attempt to "pick up" the girl. Maybe just maybe another person stepped in after Tempo sighting outside. Maybe he is being strong-armed by LE and said screw this, I need to get away and calm my azz down. Meanwhile, the court of public opinion has taken on a life of its own, and just as he suspected, he is being persecuted for this. Just a thought or three.

seems like if that were the case then he would have the decency to tell the parents about what happened between the two that night and where he last saw her

This is meant to be in response to someone asking the question, "why didn't he leave sooner?"

I am wondering if LE is not too invested in LJM at this time, and not pursuing other leads. Or, maybe they are, and the apparent forensic evidence linking to past cases is a plant to ferret out another perp. Who knows. This may be an unpopular thought, but what if this boils down to LJ seeing the writing on the wall...and thinks he's yet another black man that will go down for something he did not do -again. Cruising for chicks one night, the next being called a rapist, kidnapper and murderer? In fact lost his college career over some allegations that were never substantiated to the best of my knowledge(feel free to correct me). I understand that he has a past that is tied to alleged SA, but no convictions. It wouldn't be the first time a black man was unjustly accused. Therefore, let's just say he did try to pick up the girl, thought he had a chance due to her being drunk, smooth talk her, impress her with going to an upscale bar, etc., he was seen on security, he tried to do the right thing by stepping forward (going to police), then decided, wth, I can't deal with this crap, they're gonna frame me, I'm outta here. That's why he drove recklessly (pizzed off), waited to leave, to get away from the perceived BS. Maybe he is talking, but they aren't telling. LE has no obligation to release case sensitive information. Maybe they aren't telling, b/c he really does not know anything other than his failed attempt to "pick up" the girl. Maybe just maybe another person stepped in after Tempo sighting outside. Maybe he is being strong-armed by LE and said screw this, I need to get away and calm my azz down. Meanwhile, the court of public opinion has taken on a life of its own, and just as he suspected, he is being persecuted for this. Just a thought or three.

Well, the problem with that theory is that he's been officially forensically tied to the abduction and murder of Morgan Harrington. So....he's not just some random scapegoated dude.

Interesting theory. As far as the court of public opinion, I'll agree that it has taken on a life of its own. It'll be interesting to look back and see just how much right - or wrong - that opinion was.

That's decent speculation, & I have no problem with it, other than: in light of the above scenario, where/how did LE get enough evidence to charge JM with "abduction with intent to defile"?

And: where/how did LE get evidence that merited the announcement of a "forensic link" with the MH case?

seems like if that were the case then he would have the decency to tell the parents about what happened between the two that night and where he last saw her

That's part of my point in this scenario -he did tell LE what he knew and where he last saw her, they told him they think he's lying, leaning on him, so he shuts up. Welcome to WS, Paulap!

That's part of my point in this scenario -he did tell LE what he knew and where he last saw her, they told him they think he's lying, leaning on him, so he shuts up. Welcome to WS, Paulap!

So, what do you think is the explanation of the forensic link to MH then? Just wondering how you think that fits in to the theory that LE could be unfairly accusing JM of intending to abduct HG.

That's decent speculation, & I have no problem with it, other than: in light of the above scenario, where/how did LE get enough evidence to charge JM with "abduction with intent to defile"?

And: where/how did LE get evidence that merited the announcement of a "forensic link" with the MH case?

Naturally I don't have all the answers, and there is a lot we do not know. I have been following this case, but not intently. There are just some things that pop out to me when I do read. Like, for example, when he left town the first time, LE came up with two misdemeanor reckless driving warrants to try and lure him back -At that time, they just wanted to talk to him, and he was following his atty advice, and not talking. So he leaves town, LE perhaps used this fact to get the two driving warrants (that's all they had). Then perhaps also him leaving town may have supported the issuance of search warrants for house/car.

They took a couple items from the house. We don't know what that was. Perhaps there was 1 item in his car that gave probable cause that Hannah was there, that supported a charge for abduction. Why do that? To lean on him, stick it to him and get him to cooperate. I was amazed that a nationwide search was ongoing for a reckless driver...and MSM hyped it up and suddenly he's like the top 10 wanted fugitive murderer. That still does not sit well with me.

One thing is for sure. LE is highly motivated to find this young woman. And after Morgan's unsolved case status I can imagine they are highly motivated to nail someone asap.

So, what do you think is the explanation of the forensic link to MH then? Just wondering how you think that fits in to the theory that LE could be unfairly accusing JM of intending to abduct HG.

Working on answers:)

I've thought that maybe the Fairfax rape victim told LE that JM was the person who raped her once she saw his photo or video. I don't think they went on just the video of him in the mall with Hannah

What exactly does "forensic link" mean? Could it mean the DNA is an AA male without a further match?

I'm not saying JM is innocent, I'm just curious. I know LE is allowed to lie when questioning suspects, I don't know how far they are allowed to go overall though.

Naturally I don't have all the answers, and there is a lot we do not know. I have been following this case, but not intently. There are just some things that pop out to me when I do read. Like, for example, when he left town the first time, LE came up with two misdemeanor reckless driving warrants to try and lure him back -At that time, they just wanted to talk to him, and he was following his atty advice, and not talking. So he leaves town, LE perhaps used this fact to get the two driving warrants (that's all they had). Then perhaps also him leaving town may have supported the issuance of search warrants for house/car.

They took a couple items from the house. We don't know what that was. Perhaps there was 1 item in his car that gave probable cause that Hannah was there, that supported a charge for abduction. Why do that? To lean on him, stick it to him and get him to cooperate. I was amazed that a nationwide search was ongoing for a reckless driver...and MSM hyped it up and suddenly he's like the top 10 wanted fugitive murderer. That still does not sit well with me.

One thing is for sure. LE is highly motivated to find this young woman. And after Morgan's unsolved case status I can imagine they are highly motivated to nail someone asap.

Certainly appreciate your sharing your perspectives. But some of what you're saying above isn't jiving with my understanding of the history of the case. I'm on my way out the door, so I don't have time to pull up past links for you, but you can browse through these threads and see a lot of good info. For example, LE already had warrants to search his car and apt BEFORE JM skipped town. It's pretty clear to many of us who've followed this case closely that the reckless driving charges which led to a nat'l search were clearly not the point of their search--- it was, as you've said, all LE could find to pull him in for. But the point is that there is a reason they wanted JM apprehended ASAP. After JM was apprehended, forensic links to MH were made public.

My point is that, if you follow many of the facts in the case, it doesn't- IMO-point to a witch hunt. It shows a LE who knew more information than MSM did and who, retrospectively, did a good thing by making the search for JM national. It's looking very much like JM is a potential serial killer. Hence..... would make sense that someone like that would rank as a top 10 wanted fugitive if they'd fled town...

Also, slightly unrelated, but MO is that JM did in fact NOT follow his atty's advice when he decided to stay quiet and go on the run. I cannot fathom an atty giving advice to flee town. JM didn't follow anyone's advice but his own at that point.... IMHO.

What exactly does "forensic link" mean? Could it mean the DNA is an AA male without a further match?

I'm not saying JM is innocent, I'm just curious. I know LE is allowed to lie when questioning suspects, I don't know how far they are allowed to go overall though.

I think what "forensic link" means has been debated a lot on these threads lately- I'm not sure what has been accepted as fact at this point, but I do know many people are saying a MSM source did in fact say it was DNA. I think it was CNN... I think I remember people saying, "Oh, well that could have been the reporter imposing their own language to what forensic means", etc. I don't know.

All I know is that I don't personally believe LE is allowed to lie about something like forensic evidence to MSM. But I'm definitely not an expert on the law in that case. Just does not make sense to me that it would be remotely legal.

I disagree with Madilu's theory too, but I'm thanking her/him nonetheless... there's always of danger of groupthink emerging in a discussion like this, and contrasting theories -- no matter how unpopular -- force us to consider the facts from a fresh perspective. Consider this: LE discounts HG's last text message, which says she was lost around 14th & Wertland. Early on Saturday, Sept. 13, the night HG disappeared, a white male sexually assaulted a female UVa student near 13th & Wertland. No arrest has been made. Also early that morning, a male victim was savagely beaten. Another possible sexual assault occurred two nights later. The area in back of the Corner shops and along the railroad tracks is pretty rough at night.

Apparently, JM did demand an attorney when he went into the police station. What happened has been told by Longo and MSM as well as on this forum. You can demand whatever, doesn't mean you will get any of it. LE wanted to talk to him badly enough that they did work with him and got an attorney to consult with him. Which is the attorney who is now representing him. No, he was not entitled to get a court appointed lawyer since he had no charges levied against him.

If he had someone as his "go to lawyer" that was not brought up and the attorney he spoke to when he went to the police station, now his attorney of record did not represent JM previously. He was represented by counsel in his various other infractions of the law, but none of those lawyers are in the picture here.

Though he did not get a court appointed attorney, the lawyer that was called in for him, now his attorney of record for t Hannah Graham related charges, probably gave him a free consultation, not unusual for a first meeting. But no info that JM retained him then. That apparently happened later from news that was released when he had run off and before he was caught in Texas

Wow. That's the surest way to make sure you don't get to question a potential perp. Hook them up with a free lawyer on demand the minute they walk through the door. :banghead: I've never heard of such a thing, and I've followed a lot of cases. And as evidenced in this case, doing what he 'demanded' backfired badly. He didn't talk to them at all.

I'd be infuriated as a tax payer in that community thinking my local LE (and tax dollars) are working as a middlemen assisting possible criminals lawyer up when charges might be pending but no arrest has been made. :furious:

The argument I can find with the charge is that it can be put into place when someone takes someone under the influence in general - takes advantage... etc.

Perhaps one of the detective from Albemarle and one from Charlottesville can start pulling up the tickets and checking the info on the cars he was driving for those incidents. I have a sneaky suspicion that he drove other people's cars.

He probably has tickets on the Interstate Highways (I-64, I-81 and/or I-95,) that we haven't found, as they would have been written by VA State Police. I hope they run down all of the vehicles he was cited while driving and run down those VIN #s. See if those cars match any crime descriptions.

I would like to know if he thinks of himself as a killer.

I can see with the college girls that he thinks that there was no issue with that and they RUINED his life.

But the Fairfax woman was not involved at all. Did she not treat him with respect and that is why she deserved what she got? Nothing to do with him. Not his fault.

So then his places where he puts his victims would not be thought out.

Or has he decided he is a killer and has places set up for his deeds?

But the Fairfax woman was not involved at all. Did she not treat him with respect and that is why she deserved what she got? Nothing to do with him. Not his fault.

Great point. It would seem, though acutely aware of how to gratify his needs, he wasn't self-aware.

I've thought that maybe the Fairfax rape victim told LE that JM was the person who raped her once she saw his photo or video. I don't think they went on just the video of him in the mall with Hannah

I've always thought this was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members