Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim is doing fantastic on the stand .. she had said exactly the right things .. things like how he will be being 'enabled' if he gets off a jail sentence, etc. Bless her for speaking up for all abused women, and especially for Reeva in this case.

Good morning from the grey, drizzly south of England.

I would have brought some breakfast to share, but other countries offerings always look so much nicer than our soggy cornflakes.

Should be an interesting day today!

Hey you can't knock the good old full english breakfast.... Well other than for health reasons ;-)

Roux asks her if she's spoken to OP to see how he feels. OMG, can he really be saying this?

R: Are you aware shortly after incident Mr P wrote a letter to the Steenkamps....but they were not ready..?

KM: Not at all

And he is already on the 4th question!!

Oh my gosh, Kim's just agreed that 'I wouldn't want that' (OP to go to prison) if prison conditions in SA aren't humane!!!

Roux is saying OP desperately wants to apologize to them at a suitable time and date.

Roux said OP desires to meet with Reeva's family in private to apologise.

New witness up. mr M??

Kim is doing fantastic on the stand .. she had said exactly the right things .. things like how he will be being 'enabled' if he gets off a jail sentence, etc. Bless her for speaking up for all abused women, and especially for Reeva in this case.
She's also very caring, saying that she wouldn't wish for him (or anyone) to be subjected to inhumane conditions in prison, but that if they were humane, he should go to prison.

Mr Madhisa? Boss of Nat Correctional Services. he was speaking on subject in Parliament (like Senate) yesterday.

National Active Commissioner for Corrective Services is next. He presented annual report to Parliament yesterday.

He told Parliament that the department is ready to admit and detain persons in their facilities.

"I’m very fearful of the accused. I have tried very hard to put him out of my mind. We’ve even made a point of not mentioning his name in my house, because I didn’t want to spend any energy thinking about him.

This is not easy for me … I really believe Mr Pistorius needs to pay for what he has done. My family are not people who are seeking revenge. We just feel that to take someone’s life … needs sufficient punishment.

"I was very worried when I was under the belief that prison conditions would be bad for prison. When I discovered that his rehabilitation process in the prison would be humane … I feel Mr Pistorius needs to pay for what he’s done … to my family but also what he’s done to his family

We need a message to society that you can’t do this
."

M: I said the service is ready to detain people with disabilities.

He has 25? years experience.

nel going through the witnesses extensive cv. Which included musketry??!!

Zacharira Modise is a prison boss with 35 years of experience in correctional services.

He worked Port Elizabeth, then hired to sort out Hauteng. 'Charlie Commission'.

M: At the time rampant corruption among officials...also led to inhumane treatment of the prisoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member