Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is how I expect experts and professionals to sound when giving their evidence - clear, concise and answering questions to the best of their ability.

Good morning. Tuning in a bit late today

M: Immediately on admission we have to do a health assessment and make a recommendation within 21 days....a case mngmnt committee will decide which services needed

N: That's a case plan but health assessment done within 6hrs?

M: Correct.

And M goes on to explain a prisoner can also have his own private practioner, but is also liable for the cost.

ZM: An inmate can have his own private practitioner but he will have to bear those costs.

N: If a specific inmate has a complaint, what avenues are there?

ZN: Officials must interact with every prisoner daily.

N: On admission, medical devices have to be recorded? Wld a prosthetic leg be a medical device?

M: Correct.

Nel just referred to 'a social worker' who said in court she was afraid OP's legs would be stolen. Very slight note of disgust in his voice wheen he said it, I thought.

ZM: If an inmate gets no joy after making a complaint, the complaint will go to the National Commissioner.

N: He could directly report any complaints to independent correctional service visitors?

M: That's correct.

I think Roux is going to go in very hard with this witness; bring up specific cases of prisoner ill-treatment maybe.

I used to date a guy who had a prosthetic arm which had various attachments - a hook, a hand and a ball and socket thing to assist with driving. He told me at the time that as the prosthetic is a replacement body part, they weren't allowed to take the prosthetic away if he ever landed in prison. The hook always looked dangerous so I was a bit surprised at that info but if he used the hook as a weapon, that could then be taken away but it would be replaced with the hand attachment. This is in the UK though so I was a bit surprised when Abu Hamza had his hooks taken off him when he was extradited to the USA as I thought they'd be the same regarding prosthetics.

Maybe this is the one witness the judge will listen and take note of......maybe

I'm a bit worried. I bet Roux has endless examples of bad situations in prison (which exist in every country in the world) - so I hope this witness remains resolute.

At least we do know that Masipa is not against prison per se...she gave that rapist 250 years...but it remains to be seen whether she can bring herself to lock up her golden boy.

ZM: An assessment must be done within 6 hours of admission. They look at health needs, treatment, social and psychological needs and where the person has to be placed.

N: Pls inform court what happens when inmate taken in...

M: Within 6 hrs health asses.,....look at where this person shld be placed...a lot of different ppl come...elderly, the young

ZM: We look into spiritual needs and allow individual sessions. Educational needs, including tertiary are available.

N: You also focus on spiritual, social needs?

M explains how they do, and also offer educational facilities

R: Are you aware shortly after incident Mr P wrote a letter to the Steenkamps....but they were not ready..?

KM: Not at all

And he is already on the 4th question!!

Oh my gosh, Kim's just agreed that 'I wouldn't want that' (OP to go to prison) if prison conditions in SA aren't humane!!!

"Oh my gosh" ! "Oh my gosh" what?

"Oh my gosh" that Reeva's family as the directly affected do not want revenge ?

"Oh my gosh" that Reeva's family does not spew out vitriol and hate ?

"Oh my gosh" that victims can still feel compassion ?

Barry Roux just got caught out lying to the court via OP. Reeva & Oscar's twitter accounts confirm Reeva flew out to join Oscar in Capetown on New Years Day 2013. Oscar had already been there for a week with the Daytona Group. So angry with Nel, he should have been on to this, I knew last night this was going to be pursued by Roux via the note Oscar wrote to Webber when Kim was testifying about Reeva spending new Yeas Eve alone.

Anger management is something they offer in prison. OP could surely use some of that! Or would that make him angry?? Did anyone notice Uncle Arnold leaning forward and staring intently at Kim when she was saying she was 'fearful' of the accused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels