Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vigil for #HannahGraham Sunday at 4 pm, Ntelos Wireless Pavilion, Cville. 700 E Main Street

I think the ID came much sooner than we think. I don't think the Grahams composed that statement just today. I think they were told the announcement would be today, but were informed of the ID earlier in the week. An interview posted on Tuesday from a reporter who went in search of JLM's mom said she was told his mother hadn't been home for days. I also believe the Fairfax charges weren't announced until they knew the ID. IMO the ID was made very quickly, just not released publicly.

bouquet.gif

When news broke that her parents had spent a portion of this morning at the site of the find, I had a gut feeling that today was going to be the day we learned the remains found were of Hannah, and even though we all knew that she was gone, getting confirmation just brings all the pain and anger to me again. I never met Hannah, and would probably have never heard of her had some monster not taken her from us, but he did, and because of that, I, and most of you probably, feel like I lost a dear friend. I cannot begin to imagine the pain her family must be feeling, but my heart goes out to them. I pray that they may find some small measure of comfort in knowing that thousands who they have never met share in their grief and are lifting them up in prayer. I felt moved to write this after a similar young lady was found after a monster took her life. I had followed her case from the beginning, and the news hit me particularly hard...as does this news today. I feel equally moved to share it with all of you who have poured your hearts into finding this dear young woman.

You were so young, with so much life ahead.
You may be gone, but you are not dead.
You will live on in all those you knew
and in thousands of friends you never knew too.
It's hard to imagine things that can be this bad,
But you wouldn't want us to be so sad.
So give us some time for grief and sorrow,
And sooner or later we will face tomorrow.

RIP precious Hannah.

Very heartfelt and beautiful, Steve--thank you!

The statement from her parents. . . .
No words, just tears for the world's loss of such a vibrant young lady with an amazing future ahead of her.

Rest in peace now that you are going home, Hannah.

I've written 3 replies and not posted any of them, nothing seems right.

Even though I thought from day 1 she was likely gone forever, it's still so very sad.

RIP Hannah. You saved the next girl.

And will bring justice for (at least) 2 others.

:rose: RIP Sweet Hannah :rose:

:praying: Prayers to her family

I think the ID came much sooner than we think. I don't think the Grahams composed that statement just today. I think they were told the announcement would be today, but were informed of the ID earlier in the week. An interview posted on Tuesday from a reporter who went in search of JLM's mom said she was told his mother hadn't been home for days. I also believe the Fairfax charges weren't announced until they knew the ID. IMO the ID was made very quickly, just not released publicly.
Totally agree...may also explain the date JM attorney statement. There is an order in which to do these things..with regard to all of the possible cases and out of respect for her family.

Rest in Peace sweet girl... You are a hero in a horrible situation, to stop the violence from this man. Please young ladies, learn from this...no matter who you are, please travel in pairs, and do not let your friends go off alone! <3 Justice will be served!

I find it kinda odd that they added Morgan to this statement. Is that an admittion of guilt?

Great point! And they also seem to be trying to distance themselves from JM by using the Carr surname in their statement.

I might be alone in thinking this, but it strikes me that his family are genuinely devastated and perhaps wanted to convey this message regardless of what sort of impression it gave. Maybe the lawyer tried to say it was a bad idea and they insisted, who knows. But they must be cut to pieces too. The person they thought was their son/brother etc may be still here physically, but hes gone forever. They are helpless bystanders who didn't ask for any of this.

Strawb93, you make such a good point! The families of perpetrators suffer immensely, through no fault of their own. We are each accountable and responsible for our own actions...these families need our compassion, too.

Trying so hard to catch up and comment on some great posts.

subscribed. Now we take a breath, absorb this confirmation. At least that is where I am at for the moment. My thoughts are with the Graham family :(

Now we know why they were out at the scene. They were informed of the confirmation and then likely wanted to see the place their daughter was found. They then had a few hours before official press release to call close family members etc and absorb the news, prepare their own statement before news broke tothe public.

So much respect for how this entire case has been handled by LE, Longo has earned my respect and admiration.

BBM Me too, beautifully said.

No one can hurt her anymore. Rest in peace, Hannah. Love to the Grahams.

He will never hurt another girl because of Hannah. I'm heart broken. Thankful got the woman in Texas who called him in

BBM - YES, this is the only good thing that can come of this. He's incarcerated and the beautiful, innocent young women are safe.

Remember reading in his attorney's bio if he could save the life of his client then he has done his job. I think his family really needs grief counseling too, but I wish they wouldn't have released their statement today, it was obviously pre-planned, there's plenty of time for that. Today is about Hannah and her family.

I hate to say this, because I don't know his lawyer at all, but he's either not very smart or there will be a plea deal of some sort, because why even mention Morgan, otherwise?
I have handled civil cases that have been covered by national newspapers and putting out any statement always leads to rampant speculation and misunderstanding no matter how you phrase it. Saying nothing also leads to speculation and misunderstanding. You are caught between Scylla and Charibdis. I don't read anything into this statement other than what most everyone here in Cville feels which is complete sadness and sympathy for the Graham and Harrington families and a need to express it publicly. Given that the police have already confirmed a forensic link officially, I don't see anything stupid or predictive about mentioning the Harrington family. Respectfully, I don't see how this statement can be read as anything other than what it is on its face which is an expression of condolence and sympathy by one family to two other families caught up together in a terrible situation through no fault of any of the family members. I am sure Mr. Camblos was the one to release the statement because this isn't a family knee-deep in lawyers or PR people on speed dial. I imagine his role in defending Matthew involves a lot of other aspects right now, including helping the family members wade through this nightmare. JMO

No one is to blame for this except the person who abducted and killed Hannah. No one.

I agree with this! But I also think if prevention of the next girl is to happen, somewhere, not here, discussion should be allowed into how we all, but it seems particularly women can do things that perhaps make them less vulnerable to those who "hunt prey", such as implying the buddy system. Learning from tragedies is at times the best way to honor them.

I've written 3 replies and not posted any of them, nothing seems right.

Even though I thought from day 1 she was likely gone forever, it's still so very sad.

RIP Hannah. You saved the next girl.

Respectfully bolded by me to exclaim, you got it right.

Group hugs to family, friends and our WS family. RIP sweet Hannah.

The statement from her parents. . . .
No words, just tears for the world's loss of such a vibrant young lady with an amazing future ahead of her.

Rest in peace now that you are going home, Hannah.

My heart just bleeds for her family. What a nightmare they've been living. This definitely wasn't the outcome I have been hoping for. May Hannah rest in peace; may her killer receive nothing but the maximum justice.

I take Camplos statement as coming from the family of JM and not from JM. I take it as them acknowledging that their son is the main suspect in the murder of both young ladies and expressing that they are praying for the families of those young ladies.

Nothing more

Nothing less

Certainly not an admission of guilt by JM or an acknowledgement of JM's guilt by his family.

A simple expression acknowledging two families grief because their son is the very public focus of both investigations
But they could issue their own statement without involving Camblos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?