South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
vanessa poonah ‏@vanessapoonah01 #SABCNews 3m3 minutes ago

Botha: where did he say this happened?

Lutchman: when I went to scene we established corner of NY 108 and NY 112.

Botha: so he did not tell you at the police station where the hijacking took place?

Lutchman: No.

I'm not too sure where adv Botha is going with this?

10:58
PB: Did ZT say it was a man and his business partner?
VL: No.

PB: Can you recall that ZT had already made a witness statement?
VL says he didn't read a statement.

VL says he went to hotel communication room with SD and was led by a hotel employee.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-in-court-day-16-20141106

11:01
PB says it appears VL stay for around 23 minutes before he left.
VL says that sounds plausible.

PB mentions that there must have a lot of movement. SD walking in and out and VL as well.
VL says that's correct.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 5m5 minutes ago

Botha:I understood you (testmony) yesterday that interacting with Dewani took a long time.

Lutchman: couple of hours.

Botha: it appears you arrived 01:10 you entered the room for about 23 minutes, cops were walking in and out, then closer to 3am you were seen exiting communications room.

Lutchman: spoke to him immediately on arrival.

Botha: who asked the questions?

Lutchman: mostly it was Col Els.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 5m5 minutes ago

Botha: Dewani was definitely in a state of shock, can you recall him crying?

Lutchman: yes.

Botha: let's look at version that you understood was given to you by Mr Dewani, what did he say?

Lutchman: he was on his way from Somerset West or Strand, seated in back of taxi, his wife was in the back, looking at photos on the camera, he says his wife wanted to see the nightlife in the township, he says he didn't want to go because he wasn't feeling well, but he says his wife "insisted" that she wanted to see the nightlife.

(OK, stop, lol, this doesn't compute. Not for one moment do I believe Mr controlling Dewani would allow Anni to override his decision to go back to the hotel especially if he is sick, so I think that is a lie, but still doesn't mean he organized a killing, but I'm weary of story tellers, jmo)

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-in-court-day-16-20141106

11:10
Anni wasn't specific about which township she wanted to see, VL quotes SD as telling him.

VL goes further into what Dewani told him -
ZT stopped car after banging on window. Then two people got into car. Both armed.

SD bounced around in back of car as hijackers drove recklessly.
ZT let out of car. Cellphones taken. Rings taken but one kept back.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 7m7 minutes ago

Botha: a specific township?

Lutchman: nightlife of a township.

Lutchman: he says the driver left the freeway and he saw a big board saying Gugulethu.

Lutchman: he saw someone banging on the front windscreen and driver side door. He says he found it strange that the driver (Tongo) opened the door, one guy jumped into the back of the taxi. He says they drove over bumps at high speed, they were thrown around in the back of the taxi, then driver thrown out.

(I can't understand why Dewani never suspected Tongo was in on the hijacking, if we are to go the route that SD is not involved. These 2 armed men were on foot near the side of the road waiting, Tongo could have easily sped off as they approached the vehicle, they weren't at a set of lights and there was no traffic. Tongo opened the door for the hijackers?! jmo)

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 10m10 minutes ago

Lutchman: he says they stole cellphones, wrist watch, they took their rings and he managed to keep one of them back.

Botha: are you aware that he told W/O Stefanus that his wife's handbag was also stolen?

Exactly, why was SD so thankful, he had just lost his bride, who was murdered?! I also wonder did he buy these cards after the arranged meeting he was to have with Tongo at the Waterfront bridge fell through? Tongo couldn't get transport to make the meeting, so SD comes up with an idea of 'Thank you' cards, one for Tongo? jmo

A thank you card instead of the correct money???? Thank you everyone. I am so happy now that my new wife/business partner has been killed! Thanks for your support!

I thought that was bizarre! Giving Tongo a thank you card. I guess it read, "Thank you so much for organising the killing of my female business partner!" Love, Shrien

and who else??
the concierge?
the chambermaids?
the sommelier (whoa -- wait he doesn't drink) scratch that

I thought that was bizarre! Giving Tongo a thank you card. I guess it read, "Thank you so much for organising the killing of my female business partner!" Love, Shrien

It is bizarre, even if we're to believe SD is innocent, why didn't he suspect Tongo, who stopped and opened his door for the hijackers?!! Why give him anything or have any contact with him? How can he be so naive?! :gah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member