Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Watts believes that Magnotta is only violent when psychotic. Ok, fair enough. Let's play along. Say that it is true that he is indeed NCR. He is still too dangerous to be let back out. I do not think, in my opinion, he can be rehabilitated and released. Rehabilitated and kept under psychiatric care, perhaps. But not released. That would be far too dangerous.
Over his lifetime, since his schizophrenia started showing itself, he has been inconsistent with medication and psychiatric treatments. And even when he IS taking his medication, he still seems to have some serious issues. If the doctors are anything to go by, he goes into psychosis under "stress" (what is stress to Magnotta seems to simply be a black vehicle... ).

IMO, whether this was cold-blooded murder, or the result of psychosis, he is far too dangerous to be released back into the public. While I am still not buying into this NCR nonsense, I do not know if the jury feels the same. I am concerned that he will be found NCR and eventually released. IMO, he is more dangerous than his hero Karla. She seems to require a partner-in-crime. All he needs is an audience. With the internet at his fingertips out in the world with everybody else... he has one.

MOO.

I like how LM is saying he doesn't remember picking the title 1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick.

I guess he also doesn't remember picking 1 Boy 2 Kittens either? He was psychotic then too?

:notgood:

These titles are obviously picked with knowledge of the 'infamous' :puke: '3 Guys 1 Hammer' video

For anyone who isn't aware of ^^ background :

Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs

''The video showing the murder of Yatzenko has acquired the name "3 Guys 1 Hammer"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs#Murder_videos_and_photographs

**Warning Graphic Details & Horrific images (including animals) will show up in searches **

These titles are obviously picked with knowledge of the 'infamous' :puke: '3 Guys 1 Hammer' video

For anyone who isn't aware of ^^ background :

Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs

''The video showing the murder of Yatzenko has acquired the name "3 Guys 1 Hammer"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs#Murder_videos_and_photographs

**Warning Graphic Details & Horrific images (including animals) will show up in searches **

Are you kidding me?!? Didn't LM hit JL in the head with a hammer? I've never heard of these murders. But someone who likes all things Russian likely would have. LM must have spent all of his free time on murder and gore sites just watching and learning from these killers. Frightening really. :scared:

MOO

Im surprised you not heard of the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs ,the video they released was absolutely awfull!!

As for his title '1 lunatic 1 icepick',,,,,,,,yes theres also 3 guys 1 hammer,but theres also 1 guy 1 jar,2 girls 1 cup to mention a few.Its like a 'theme' amongst sick minded individuals I think!!

STRONGLY ADVISE YOU DONT SEARCH FOR ANY VIDS MENTIONED!!SERIOUSLY

okay maybe I got lost in all the twitter feed (they were quite confusing today) but did anyone catch what the jury wanted to know. I recall reading that they had a question.
I've been wondering that too, but I think that might be something that can't be published until after the trial. Would be awesome to know though.

Blatchford: Magnotta psychiatrist may have missed a giant red flag
But asked by prosecutor Louis Bouthillier what he was referencing, Watts said, “I cannot recall exactly which postings because we have not seen them again (in evidence at trial).”

Bouthillier asked Watts if he’d done his own research on the web, and he replied, “It’s possible I did, but I can’t recall.”

He agreed, however, that the information was “pertinent” enough that he thought he should raise it with Magnotta.

Pertinent is rather an understatement.
http://o.canada.com/news/national/blatchford-magnotta-psychiatrist-may-have-missed-a-giant-red-flag

" It's possible I did but I can't recall" ????? What a load of carp. MOO

He definitely knew about the 3 Guys 1 Hammer video, he posted a link to it on one of his sock puppet accounts. Poor Luka doesn't have an original thought in his balding little head.

Hmmm, the articles I read said Watts said he had done his own research on the web, but he couldn' t remember the exact websites or postings he had looked at.

Anyone know how we would go about getting copies of the court documents and reports, and how much it would cost?

Watts said he considered four potential motivations for Lin’s killing, and in the end, concludes Magnotta’s behaviour was psychotically driven.

But chief among the others he considered was what he calls “the attention- and notoriety-seeking theory,” that Magnotta is “a self-absorbed, attention-seeking narcissist who had coldly killed animals in the past in order to shock.…”

Watts found some support for this theory, too, as he detailed in his report — from Magnotta’s large online presence to “the seemingly planned and careful editing of the video of Lin’s dismemberment and the shocking sexual acts and indignities performed to his body” to the dry run he did a week before the killing with a young Colombian man over whose sleeping body he posed with “an electric rotating saw … implying perhaps that he was already staging some video ahead of time, or that he had previously thought of escalating to violence toward someone in the future.”

It would be interesting to know which theory he would go with if he was testifying for the Crown.
http://o.canada.com/news/national/blatchford-magnotta-psychiatrist-may-have-missed-a-giant-red-flag

Go Watts! :great: :jail: :jail: :jail: And we haven't even heard from the Crown's expert psychiatric witness yet! :jail:

Watts also found the 32-year-old suffers from histrionic personality disorder (showing chiefly in his attention-seeking behaviour and provocative way of relating to others) and traits of borderline personality disorder (revealed in his fear of abandonment, chronic feelings of emptiness, and a pattern of unstable relationships).

Yeah, we already figured he has HPD! I'm not convinced about the BPD myself.

Histrionic Personality Disorder

"A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

Is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
Interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
Displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
Consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
Has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
Shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
Is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
Considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are."

I'm not sure about posting from Twitter, does it have to be main stream media posts? I won't post the poster's name just in case and I will remove the post if it is against the rules, but I just found this on Twitter.
Best line in #magnotta trial is Crown saying "don't play the idiot, you have a PhD", he must know they are mutually exclusive, he has an LLB

Magnotta said he first came across gore websites while living in New York City in the late 2000s, and started frequenting the sites because they were “weird and different." He specified he was not sexually aroused by seeing people get hurt . . .

The Crown also focused on one of the last meetings Watts had with Magnotta, in which the accused addressed a visit he made to a psychiatrist at Montreal’s Jewish General Hospital a month before Lin’s death.

Magnotta referred to that visit as “the only thing” he hadn’t told Watts, a statement the psychiatrist said is technically accurate.

Watts testified Magnotta would at times withhold information but would then reveal more at their following meeting.

The psychiatrist explained he understood Magnotta had not wanted to talk about that hospital visit because in April 2012, he had downplayed hearing voices and instead told the doctor he was taking drugs.

Watts said Magnotta did not want him to think he was a drug addict.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...oted-video-showing-parts-of-killing-1.2840981

So WHY did LM go to a psychiatrist before he murdered JL and tell them he was taking drugs?! This is part of the reason why I don't think he planned a NCR defence in advance. It may have crossed his mind, but he didn't think it through.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...oted-video-showing-parts-of-killing-1.2840981

So WHY did LM go to a psychiatrist before he murdered JL and tell them he was taking drugs?! This is part of the reason why I don't think he planned a NCR defence in advance. It may have crossed his mind, but he didn't think it through.

From your link,
Watts testified Magnotta would at times withhold information but would then reveal more at their following meeting.
I am thinking that's so he could have time to think about his answer.

I'm not sure about posting from Twitter, does it have to be main stream media posts? I won't post the poster's name just in case and I will remove the post if it is against the rules, but I just found this on Twitter.

Yes I believe it does have to be MSM and the tweet you saw may be one reason why. I don't believe that line was said by the Crown or anyone in the courtroom. It was added in brackets to the end of a google translate tweet by a woman who has been translating Francois Messier's posts. I believe it was her opinion, not something said in the courtroom.

MOO

I am a court reporter, to get the transcript is about $4 a page or more.
There is something that is really bugging me...I watched the horrible video once and that was enough for me.
Does any one on here remember that some one was coughing in the background. A third person.
There was a lot of people on this forum saying exactly that. A third person was there.
Does anyone remember that discussion?

There is something that is really bugging me...I watched the horrible video once and that was enough for me.
Does any one on here remember that some one was coughing in the background. A third person.
There was a lot of people on this forum saying exactly that. A third person was there.
Does anyone remember that discussion?

Here's an Audio-Timeline where it is mentioned ~ From the : ***GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY*** thread ~ Post #304

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ON-OF-THE-VIDEO-ONLY***&p=8123830#post8123830

I don't hear no third person there,i hear background noise,not surprising being the size of apartment and the fact it on a busy road,and always seems to be people hanging around front...........

Saying that whos to say the audio hasn't been messed with?

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 5m5 minutes ago
#Magnotta trial starting early today to deal with legal issues before the jury arrives.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Start time 9 am but overflow room was closed.You could hear the judge speaking since video conference plays when court begins. #Magnotta

I believe the jury isn't scheduled to be there until 10:30am but it appears that the judge and attorneys were there for 9am to deal with some legal matters without the jury.

Arizona courts should take a lesson from this trial...just saying. ;)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member