Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says Myrna had dental work, but it did not describe. Cali had no dental work and her teeth were in bad shape. Still, Myrna would be worth submitting to the professionals.

"Dental work" could merely imply she had been to the dentist. I wonder if dental care is free in Canada. As one of the youngest of 14 children, that is a lot of kids to take to the dentist. Another thought is maybe she had a filling in a baby tooth??? I sent an e-mail just to clarify she has been ruled out.

From what I found making a quick googling, Canada does not have free dental care. I couldn't find if it is different for adults and children though.

Just wanted Cali back to the front page. Have been wondering about Tammy and if there is a link.

I am not good with words. It's been ages since i have really been able to come here and read things. Tammy certainly looks very similar to Cali. I however, am not a very good judge with features though. I am just quietly hoping Cali gets a name and that if it is Tammy, those who love her get some peace.

While we are still waiting the results of the DNA comparison between Cali and Tammy, someone has submitted some other girls and they now appear on Cali's rule out list.

Linda Adams 1963 Washington
Teresa Alfonso 1961 Florida
Andria Bailey 1963 Washington
Andria Bailey 1963 Washington
Lisa Borden 1960 Texas
Mary Bostwick 1956 New York
Mary Bostwick 1956 New York
Mary Bostwick 1956 Pennsylvania
Teresa Byers 1961 Texas
Patricia Chesher 1957 New Mexico
Cynthia Coon 1956 Michigan
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
Teresa Davis 1955 Washington
Alexis Duggan 1951 Florida
Judith Elwell 1962 Oklahoma
Teresa Fitin 1957 Florida
Trenny Gibson 1960 Tennessee
Helen Green 1958 Illinois
Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Eileen Hynson 1957 California
Nancy Jason 1958 Maryland
Gail Joiner 1959 Florida
Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland
Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware
Cynthia Kinney 1960 Oklahoma
Nancy Kirkpatrick 1960 Montana
Nancy Kirkpatrick 1960 Montana
Rhonda Labbe 1956 Massachusetts
Sandra Landrum 1957 Georgia
Mary Lozano 1964 California
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Deborah A. McCall 1963 Illinois
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Sophia Moreno 1962 Texas
Deborah Quimby 1963 Massachusetts
Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida
Yvonne Reglar 1960 Ohio
Yvonne Reglar 1960 Ohio
Marcia Remick 1962 Virginia
Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Roxanne Sims 1958 Oregon
Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Judy Sylvester 1954 Virginia
Edna Thorne 1960 Pennsylvania
Sarah Tokier 1960 California
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Anna Waters 1967 California
Christina White 1967 Washington
April Zane 1960 Illinois
Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey

Teresa Byers and Helen Green were added a few weeks ago, as was Patricia Chesher. Cynthia Coon and Gail Joiner have now also been added.

Tammy Alexander was submitted on 9/24. Burgess assigned someone to investigate and follow up on that lead on 9/25. On 9/29 I received an email that the DNA was on it's way to UNT for processing. When Roselvr and I convinced the Green family to give a DNA swab it took 8 weeks from date sample was obtained, until the date the results were received. We are currently in week 7 on this comparison? So hopefully it will not be much longer before we know.

One of Cali's teeth was decayed down to the roots. It could have had a filling before it decayed. That would make sense, the tooth is badly decayed, it gets filled, the family stop getting dental care, then the filling cracks and the tooth is lost.

I honestly didn't think it would take this long for the DNA to see if Cali is Tammy Alexander. I thought maybe they would put a rush on it, but I guess I was wrong.

I honestly didn't think it would take this long for the DNA to see if Cali is Tammy Alexander. I thought maybe they would put a rush on it, but I guess I was wrong.

IMO what's taking so long is that NCMEC most likely has to get their hands in this too since Tammy was a minor. They slowed down Helen Green's brothers sample too. We're not at 2 months just yet.

Carl posted about Tammy on 09-24-2014 08:21 PM Post #1482; then the forms were rushed to LE for Tammy's sister to sign 09-26-2014, 09:09 AM #1519 then on 9/29 DNA was rushed to UNT

BINGO!
I think this is Cali!!!

Tammy Jo Alexander

5707f71d-7803-40da-ae8c-708df94c2ae5.jpg
a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

Just added to NamUs today.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0

Tammy Alexander was submitted on 9/24. Burgess assigned someone to investigate and follow up on that lead on 9/25. On 9/29 I received an email that the DNA was on it's way to UNT for processing. When Roselvr and I convinced the Green family to give a DNA swab it took 8 weeks from date sample was obtained, until the date the results were received. We are currently in week 7 on this comparison? So hopefully it will not be much longer before we know.

i've been obsessing over the PM photos and tammy's, much like everyone else. what leans me towards believing it's her is a little blemish (maybe a faint birthmark?) on tammy's right nostril and i see that same blemish on cali doe's nostril. plus the chin, brow bone, and face shape and the teeth.....the teeth look so much alike.

tammy seems to have a slightly raised scar on her neck, right side, just below her jawline and i don't see that in cali's. so that is a concern. but maybe there is a scar there on cai and it just didn't show up in the photo.

i know it's a waiting game now. just throwing in my 2 cent. i'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

i've been obsessing over the PM photos and tammy's, much like everyone else. what leans me towards believing it's her is a little blemish (maybe a faint birthmark?) on tammy's right nostril and i see that same blemish on cali doe's nostril. plus the chin, brow bone, and face shape and the teeth.....the teeth look so much alike.

tammy seems to have a slightly raised scar on her neck, right side, just below her jawline and i don't see that in cali's. so that is a concern. but maybe there is a scar there on cai and it just didn't show up in the photo.

i know it's a waiting game now. just throwing in my 2 cent. i'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

Hi SilasJayne!! Welcome to Websleuths!!

When Carl found Tammy Alexander on NamUs, and made the comparison, I thought at that moment that she has to be Cali!!! I don't think I have ever been more excited to find out about a possible match than her! So many people have been wanting to give Cali a name for years. Hopefully we will hear something soon! It has almost been two months since Tammy's sister submitted DNA.

I had to check in again also. It is good to see the rule outs in way but in another you feel for the families of those ruled out.

I live about 2 miles or so from where Cali was found. I'm hoping this is the resolution to her identity & I know it will be all over the news and the papers if it is. I just hope that it opens more doors to finding who is responsible for leaving her there. Cali deserves that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member