Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we are waiting for an answer on the comparison of Tammy Alexander to Cali, I modified my recon just a tad.

(I know that this is sort of cheating, but except for the nose, these are superficial changes.)

I frosted her hair, made her eyebrows slope a little steeper inward, and turned the tip of her nose downward.

b9cf1280-e313-429f-814f-8f33cb564aa7.jpg

With just those little modifications, my recon looks spot-on like Tammy.

The delay in the results could just be because it's the 4th quarter of the year. Holidays and people using up vacation days tend to slow things down a lot of places. As does people rushing to use the last of their budgets. Many municipal and academic places have a use it or lose it budget policy, so people try to make sure they spend every last dime, so their budgets for the next year don't get slashed.

While we are waiting for an answer on the comparison of Tammy Alexander to Cali, I modified my recon just a tad.

(I know that this is sort of cheating, but except for the nose, these are superficial changes.)

I frosted her hair, made her eyebrows slope a little steeper inward, and turned the tip of her nose downward.

b9cf1280-e313-429f-814f-8f33cb564aa7.jpg

With just those little modifications, my recon looks spot-on like Tammy.

I've always been pretty vocal about Cali's nose not being as pugged as the frontal recon makes her look. I went so far as to post me next to her ME pic.

What if you replace Cali's hair with Tammy's hair?

It's pretty much the same hairstyle on both girls anyway. Cali's is a little shorter, is all.

I think the noses are both somewhere in between. Tammy's head is tipped a little forward and down. Not much, but enough to minimize the slight upturn.

... you end up with Cali Alexander. LOL.

680bb724-c6e4-4701-8053-c5d07e797b0d.jpg

Slightly off topic. I just want to say Thank you to you all for your efforts & to Carl not only for Cali but for helping with so many others, including a current case I have been reading up on-Cassie Compton. It's nice to see so many people willing to help & fight for the missing & UID. Cali is a close one for me being within miles of where I live and literally only one of 2 open missing cases in the County that I'm aware that Burgess has. Rose Gayhart is the other-missing since 1985 from FL, originally from Dansville, NY where Cali is buried. I know that Burgess has done a lot to try and bring justice for both victims and their families. But all of your efforts with Cali have made the difference. If any of you are cold case gurus please check out Rose when you have time. I'll link below! :) TIA!

Eta: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237457

... you end up with Cali Alexander. LOL.

680bb724-c6e4-4701-8053-c5d07e797b0d.jpg

Thanks! That did it for me.

Slightly off topic. I just want to say Thank you to you all for your efforts & to Carl not only for Cali but for helping with so many others, including a current case I have been reading up on-Cassie Compton. It's nice to see so many people willing to help & fight for the missing & UID. Cali is a close one for me being within miles of where I live and literally only one of 2 open missing cases in the County that I'm aware that Burgess has. Rose Gayhart is the other-missing since 1985 from FL, originally from Dansville, NY where Cali is buried. I know that Burgess has done a lot to try and bring justice for both victims and their families. But all of your efforts with Cali have made the difference. If any of you are cold case gurus please check out Rose when you have time. I'll link below! :) TIA!

Eta: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237457

I'm familiar with Rose's story; her sister follows the page SSA & I Have, Never Forget Me. We have her flier. I've also caught a post or few on her sisters page. Hard to know what the BF & his mom did with her. Has Beth Doe been checked?

It's pretty much the same hairstyle on both girls anyway. Cali's is a little shorter, is all.

I think the noses are both somewhere in between. Tammy's head is tipped a little forward and down. Not much, but enough to minimize the slight upturn.

Which would be right for Tammy's hair when she was last seem by her friend.

I'm familiar with Rose's story; her sister follows the page SSA & I Have, Never Forget Me. We have her flier. I've also caught a post or few on her sisters page. Hard to know what the BF & his mom did with her. Has Beth Doe been checked?

Great question-Roses rule out list hasn't been posted on her NAMUS at all. :(

Which would be right for Tammy's hair when she was last seem by her friend.

I seriously can't wait to see the local response on this if/when (I'm sorry but I'm über positive here-this looks uncanny to me!) comes back. Locals here have hoped to give Cali a name for ages, the officer on scene was eventually the Sheriff & since retired. I had heard from a friend in town that grew up here that he knew a deputy that was dispatched that evening to a "domestic dispute" then recd a call about an accident. He was rerouted to the accident as a priority & to this day feels guilty-like it was Cali that the call was about & he could have stopped her death. Very sad.

I've always been pretty vocal about Cali's nose not being as pugged as the frontal recon makes her look. I went so far as to post me next to her ME pic.

What if you replace Cali's hair with Tammy's hair?

Me too...about the nose, due to many things...

Rose went missing in '85, Beth Doe was found in '76.

I agree on the nose. Mine points upwards and if I compare my nose with the post mortem pictures I would say mine points upwards more than Caledonia Doe's and still my nose is nowhere as much upwards pointing as the reconstructions.

I seriously can't wait to see the local response on this if/when (I'm sorry but I'm über positive here-this looks uncanny to me!) comes back. Locals here have hoped to give Cali a name for ages, the officer on scene was eventually the Sheriff & since retired. I had heard from a friend in town that grew up here that he knew a deputy that was dispatched that evening to a "domestic dispute" then recd a call about an accident. He was rerouted to the accident as a priority & to this day feels guilty-like it was Cali that the call was about & he could have stopped her death. Very sad.

missing do not have ruled out lists only unidentified. You would have to ask Rose's sister if she keeps track.

Rose went missing in '85, Beth Doe was found in '76.

LOL I should have looked 1st because I had too much going on. I normally only work a few UP & MP cases; Beth was on my mind; but I'm not that familiar with Rose. Her glasses reminded me of the late 70's

Wow - just read most of this thread...great sleuthing!!! I'm very excited and hoping you hear back before Christmas on whether or not there's a match. Hoping those who love and care about Tammy get some answers finally.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Cali - I'm still thinking of you. And all my love to everyone on Websleuths and, in particular, this thread. :grouphug::beats::luv::star2:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Cali - I'm still thinking of you. And all my love to everyone on Websleuths and, in particular, this thread. :grouphug::beats::luv::star2:

Had hoped we'd know if she's Tammy by now. Hopefully soon.
Merry Christmas everyone

do you sleep? LOL!!! Happy New year!!!!

Lol! I do sleep, I'm just more on the nocturnal side. That night I'd just gotten home from a Christmas party and was a little tipsy.

Happy new year to you too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member