Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matter of fact you are absolutely right regarding Basque County. Im Spanish my blood type is B- and i have basque ancestors. Here in Spain most people with this type of Blood are from the north of Spain or with ancestors there.

Thanks to those who posted links to Cali's facebook page and tipped me off to Documenting Reality.

Looking at her side profile, I got the hunch that she has some Hispanic/Latina and/or Native American in her BUT I doubt it. Her blood type (A neg) is not very common in Native Americans. And although she NOW appears Hispanic to me, the Red Cross states that only 2% of Hispanics have A neg. Sooo, she is probably mostly Caucasian- (7% of Caucasians have A-neg)

Looking at the whole Rh-neg significance, Rh-neg is very common among Basque people. This might sound off the wall, but maybe she's of Basque ancestry??? Who knows what distant relatives we will find if we can submit her DNA profile to one of those websites. (Here's why the Basque thing is important to me- it's because I've also wondered if she's French-Canadian. It can be easy to find French-Canadian heritage if you know where to look. My husband's family did it, and they found out they've also got Basque mixed in with the French.)

Also, we've thought maybe she was part of a migrant family. What if she's of Gypsy (Roma) or Irish Traveller heritage? Thus, she may not have stayed in one place for too long. Even if she went to school, she may have bounced from school to school as the family moved; thus no one else really got to know her.

How about Amish? Maybe she left the community and because they really don't use technology, no one knows what happened? Maybe she was on Rumspriga, or maybe she returned from Rumspriga and decided she didn't want to be Amish. Let me see the incidence of Amish in the Southwest and get back to you all.

As a matter of fact you are absolutely right regarding Basque County. Im Spanish my blood type is B- and i have basque ancestors. Here in Spain most people with this type of Blood are from the north of Spain or with ancestors there.

I have A- Blood/Rh-Neg... Not sure how it happened.. My dad is 0+ and my mom is A+... I am of German, Irish and Hungarian descent.

Anywho... I can't believe we don't know anything yet about Tammy Alexander being a match to Cali! UGH...

"Dental work" could merely imply she had been to the dentist. I wonder if dental care is free in Canada. As one of the youngest of 14 children, that is a lot of kids to take to the dentist. Another thought is maybe she had a filling in a baby tooth??? I sent an e-mail just to clarify she has been ruled out.

BBM.
No, it is not. It's not even free under our universal health care.
The only way it's covered is with health insurance. It will cover anywhere between 75-100% depending on the health insurance carrier.

IMO

Hate to be a pain; and I know she dosent quite fit, but can someone just definitively give me a yes or no on Monique Mc Clelland. http://charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcclelland_monique.html
She was last seen in Levittown PA by family, she has been missing since early 1980's. with an actual missing date of August 21 1983. I know its a long shot but would like it if someone could just rule her out for my peace of mind. I cant find any further details on her or when she was actually last seen.

Cali was found in 1979. I can see why you would want to rule out Monique, they don't really have a definitive date do they. Hopefully not long till we hear about Tammy. Sometimes i stare at the pictures so long wishing it was easier to identify & give them back to their families.....

Hate to be a pain; and I know she dosent quite fit, but can someone just definitively give me a yes or no on Monique Mc Clelland. http://charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcclelland_monique.html
She was last seen in Levittown PA by family, she has been missing since early 1980's. with an actual missing date of August 21 1983. I know its a long shot but would like it if someone could just rule her out for my peace of mind. I cant find any further details on her or when she was actually last seen.

BBM The body of the UID of this thread was discovered in 1979. McClelland went missing in 1983. Based on that, I would say it is not Monique.

Monique's nose is totally wrong for Cali...but I sure hope they've checked her against the Bensalem uid found in the fuel tank.

Eta: slightly OT: I checked. Monique is ruled out for the other uid.

Fingers and toes crossed that this angel will finally get her name back soon.

Thank you! Will have SSA see if she can find anything out

She would be the one to make contact but had appointments today; not answering FB Pm's or texts so hopefully she'll be around soon. She always checks in with me when she gets home. Soon as I hear, everyone will hear

Would SSA be able to tell us today (provided she gets back to you)? Or would that info take a few days?

Since Tammy Jo Alexander's profile is now up on NAMUS Indicating DNA is complete would this mean she is not a match to Caledonia Jane Doe? Assuming Caledonia Jane does DNA is in Namus?

Since Tammy Jo Alexander's profile is now up on NAMUS Indicating DNA is complete would this mean she is not a match to Caledonia Jane Doe? Assuming Caledonia Jane does DNA is in Namus?

No, it doesn't mean Tammy is ruled out. NamUs profiles have to be taken down manually; they don't go offline by themselves when a match is made.

So it's very possible that the match has been made but LE just hasn't gotten around to taking down the NamUs entries

Don't count on anything today cause she's still not back. I have no clue what to make of it.

I just got off the phone with Tammy's sister (Pam). She has not yet been given results from the comparison. She had called the detective on the case earlier today ( In Florida) and he does not have the results of the comparison yet either, she is going to call him first thing in the morning and see if he gets them in the morning. She just buried her 32 yr old son who died as a result of a tragic accident the day after Thanksgiving, and she is very anxious to find out if this is her sister. I also have both calls and emails sent to Burgess and Schneider. So while Pam's DNA is processed, the actual comparison may not be complete, so hold tight and keep your fingers crossed, cause I am calling everyone I have numbers for. I will be out most of the day tomorrow but I will text Roselvr if I get a answer.

I just got off the phone with Tammy's sister (Pam). She has not yet been given results from the comparison. She had called the detective on the case earlier today ( In Florida) and he does not have the results of the comparison yet either, she is going to call him first thing in the morning and see if he gets them in the morning. She just buried her 32 yr old son who died as a result of a tragic accident the day after Thanksgiving, and she is very anxious to find out if this is her sister. I also have both calls and emails sent to Burgess and Schneider. So while Pam's DNA is processed, the actual comparison may not be complete, so hold tight and keep your fingers crossed, cause I am calling everyone I have numbers for. I will be out most of the day tomorrow but I will text Roselvr if I get a answer.
My heart goes out to Pam in the loss of her son. This is a lot for someone to handle. Sending (((vibes))) of strength and peace to her tonight.

Poor Pam. First she loses her son, and now it turns out her sister might have been murdered and remained unidentified for the past 35 years. Fingers crossed that she'll finally get her answer within the next few days.

Re: Cali Doe 1979 10:02 PM Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To: Annie

Good evening. We got the same information and are awaiting the results. We were told that we may hear something late this week or early next week. I will let you know as soon as we hear. Thanks for staying in touch and I hope all is well with you.

Matthew D. Burgess, Chief Deputy
Police Services
Livingston County Sheriff's Office
4 Court St.
Geneseo, NY 14454

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors