Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's is rather insightful to me that Both Nurmi and Doc want to beat up Martinez now rather than focusing on the Jodi/Travis relationship that she is primarily there to offer her (non) expert opinion on. There is no way that anything they can say with regard to Juan and his x exam that will make him look bad. He asked her good hard questions regarding her testimony and her bias. That was fair. Her fault that he made her look bad, not his. She gave him the fuel, he just lit the match. I do not think this Jury wants to hear squabbling at this point. How the witness perceived she was treated has NOTHING to do with having to make a decision to vote for against the death penalty. Juan slamming is their distraction, and only a distraction. An obvious one.

Guess we have her to look forward to on Tuesday. I think she said JM picked on her because his boss is sitting in there with him. Trying to get him in trouble. What a whiner!!!

Seriously? What is she- a 6 year old running to tell Daddy? :facepalm:

She was, in an appeal. I believe the appeal was denied though, so it would be splitting hairs IMO

But splitting hairs seems to be this person's expertise: eg., her nonsense about the word "assessment," her many assertions about "dynamics," etc.

(Not criticizing you, just pointing out that your reasonableness is somewhat out of place. :))

Yes, but she is incredulous that she is being accused of being unethical for the first time in 30 years...when she has been accused of it.

Does Juan get another chance to ask her questions? I keep forgetting trial process and not sure if he gets another opportunity with her. If so it would be a good time to bring that up to contradict her own statements again.

I agree with others that I am sure it wasnt the first time. There are probably other examples.

That is ridiculous! 35 to 40 pieces of evidence reviewed?? In a trial of this length and magnitude?

She can't be very smart to have admitted that in front of the jury!!

She also stated she did NOT think Travis was a pedo and that JA was intrusive.

The jury is well aware that her testimony was based on material hand picked by the defense. Juan pointed out it was the defense that had the penis pic over the baptismal pic.

Hope we get to jury ?? Tues.

Does Juan get a recross after jury ?? TIA

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 37s38 seconds ago
Nurmi asks Fonseca for the definition of misogyny #JodiArias

meganrcassidy ‏@meganrcassidy 1m1 minute ago
Fonseca: For #JodiArias, the sex with TA was about being a "*advertiser censored*." For TA, it was just about his sexuality.

I don't think this is the correct definition of misogyny. Especially in this case.

meganrcassidy ‏@meganrcassidy 1m1 minute ago
Fonseca says the sex is not too different from other couples, it's private. She talks about the dynamics btw #JodiArias and TA

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 59s59 seconds ago
Dr. F says looking at sexual behaviors of #JodiArias and TA are like any other couple. She focused on dynamics of relationship.

Isn't DrF an expert on unconventional sexuality (or something like that)? Why did they need her area of expertise to discuss relationship dynamics...of Travis (since CMJA is just suffering in silence - f u, Bill)
Frustrating!

Isn't DrF an expert on unconventional sexuality (or something like that)? Why did they need her area of expertise to discuss relationship dynamics...of Travis (since CMJA is just suffering in silence - f u, Bill)
Frustrating!

LOL, was trying to figure out who FU was for a moment there.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 40s 40 seconds ago
Fonseca- Jodi and Travis had a sexual bond #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Nurmi- would the state saying we funneled you info be going down that alley
Fonseca- Yes #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Fonseca- The state was implicating I was unethical and the mischaracterizing of my testimony was nothing like I've ever seen #jodiarias

BBM

Please don't say this bond was difficult or near impossible to break where we have to get a hose again!

I don't think this is the correct definition of misogyny. Especially in this case.

That confused me too and I wonder if she had it backwards or maybe the tweet was backwards. This below sure makes it more favorable to Travis IMO. Whatever it was the DT was trying to say.

Fonseca: For #JodiArias, the sex with TA was about being a "*advertiser censored*." For TA, it was just about his sexuality.

That's it? 35 or 40 pieces of evidence? No wonder she doesn't know what the heck she's talking about. And she calls that "voluminous."

Thank you! I though the same thing - 35 or 40 voluminous? Really?
And if she reviewed 35 or 40 pieces of evidence, wouldn't the few additional items JM gave her to review on the stand serve as additional data points ...in an objective opinion?
But not a diagnosis, assessment, or psychological profile - because that besmirches? Yuch.

Isn't that a bit antiquated or is it just me? I dunno - I think if there's no exclusivity or commitment it's fair for consenting adults, regardless of gender.

But I wonder if she's aware there's another common double standard out there - men can kill violently and brutally for seemingly no reason whatsoever. If a woman kills a man violently and brutally - it HAS to be because the male victim did something to 'deserve' it.

I wish I could "THANK" you 100 times!!!

Is it possible that she was accusing Juan of being a misogynist?

LOL, was trying to figure out who FU was for a moment there.

Um, I think FU are the initials of one's ex.

(The after-work glass of wine seems to be kicking in. Tee-hee! I'll shut up now and log off. :bananapartyhat:)

That confused me too and I wonder if she had it backwards or maybe the tweet was backwards. This below sure makes it more favorable to Travis IMO. Whatever it was the DT was trying to say.

The tweet after that didn't really follow the question on misogyny. They said she was barely able to get something like "woman hater" out before Juan objected. And I don think they meant Travis, I think they meant Juan. But that's MO...

Is it possible that she was accusing Juan of being a misogynist?

That word came out of left field. That is what is hard with just getting tweets. Maybe we missed something. There was no context given that we know of and the word was just tossed in. Makes me wonder if we missed something that was not tweeted.

I wonder if anyone will file a complaint against her licensure for her "unethical" behaviors.

@william_pitts Tweets from 1:20pm to 4:03pm MST

12:20PM
@william_pitts#JodiArias mom talking about whether she gets thanksgiving dinner in jailTwitter
12:21PM@william_pitts@teezmepeas trial watcher I thinkTwitter
12:45PM@william_pittsby the way for those wondering, @RealSheriffJoe does put on a thanksgiving dinner for the inmates. #JodiaAriasTwitter
12:46PM@william_pitts@_karen1958 just saying in the grand scheme there are bigger things he's already caught her on. But it makes the point well.Twitter
12:46PM@william_pittsJM: And you have an ethical duty to be accurate don't you? F: Yes as much as I can. #JodiaAriasTwitter
12:48PM@william_pittsFonseca said it was a 5 hour rant from #TravisAlexander . Martinez accuses her of saying 5hrs bc it makes him look worse. #JodiaAriasTwitter
12:48PM@william_pitts@RedTailspin it's time stampedTwitter
12:49PM@william_pitts@courtchatter dangit...thanks. For some reason that hashtag comes up as an option...Twitter
12:52PM@william_pittsabout to play the freeman video...Nurmi calls for sidebar.Twitter
12:55PM@william_pitts...now might be a good time to upgrade to ios 8.1.1Twitter
12:56PM@william_pittsFreeman video plays. Martinez is asking about #JodiArias baptism.Twitter
12:56PM@william_pittsFreeman did not know #JodiArias was having oral sex with #TravisAlexander at the time of her baptism.Twitter
12:57PM@william_pittshere comes the explanation of what #JodiArias did when she was told #TravisAlexander was dead.Twitter
12:57PM@william_pitts"she was...disbelieving." -- FreemanTwitter
01:00PM@william_pittsFreeman recounting the story of the fight before the trip to Havasupai. Fight was over what #JodiArias packed.Twitter
01:02PM@william_pitts10-15 pounds of cosmetics??Twitter
01:04PM@william_pittsRemember, this is the first time the jury has seen this testimony. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:08PM@william_pittsside note: how is there better audio on this tape than there is in the courtroom?Twitter
01:09PM@william_pittsvideo's done. Back to dr. f. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:11PM@william_pittsMartinez: When #TravisAlexander said something #JodiArias came right back right? Sound like suffering in silence?Twitter
01:11PM@william_pittsFonseca says suffering in silence is a reference to hiding relationship from others. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:12PM@william_pittsFonseca: "They as in Mr Alexander and #JodiArias ? Martinez: Are we talking about anyone else?Twitter
01:18PM@william_pittsMartinez asking why she's not here to "diagnose"Twitter
01:19PM@william_pittsFonseca says she wasn't hired to give a psychological assessment of #JodiArias . Also she's not licensed in AZ.Twitter
01:19PM@william_pittsMartinez said she already testified to an assessment of #TravisAlexanderTwitter
01:20PM@william_pittsReads back testimony where Fonseca infers from docs that #TravisAlexander was distressed enough to be suicidal. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:21PM@william_pittsMartinez claims that's a psychological assessment, saying he's depressed and the extent she believes was suicidal. "climbing up the ladder"Twitter
01:22PM@william_pittsFonseca says that's reading what someone wrote, not psychological assessment. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:23PM@william_pittsFonseca: I need a lot more than that to make a diagnosis. I was talking about it escalating. That's a conclusion not diagnosis. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:24PM@william_pittsFonseca sounds like she's getting frustrated and exasperated with this questioning. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:24PM@william_pittsFonseca: The words is interchangeable but I'm making an observation not a diagnosis. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:25PM@william_pittsMartinez says code of ethics says diagnosis is the same as assessment. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:26PM@william_pittsobjection, approach...static. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:31PM@william_pittsMartinez wraps it up with FOnseca. Apparently we're ending at 345 today. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:32PM@william_pittsafternoon break. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:46PM@william_pittswe're back with mor Dr. Fonseca and redirect by Nurmi. I swear if he has her read more emails for three days... #JodiAriasTwitter
01:47PM@william_pitts@deepbluezz68 you're welcome!Twitter
01:48PM@william_pitts@Tammybaby65 noTwitter
01:48PM@william_pitts@SheilaNJ i don't think so but we'll find out for sure at the end of this day. no court pio here to ask.Twitter
01:48PM@william_pittsNurmi: Could you ethically make an assessment of #TravisAlexander or #JodiArias ? F: No I could not.Twitter
01:52PM@william_pittsQuestion: Do you think the jury's making the distinction between "diagnosis" and "opinion"? #JodiAriasTwitter
01:55PM@william_pittsRT @voxdotcom: A prominent legal expert eviscerates the Darren Wilson prosecution, in 8 tweets: http://goo.gl/2FhALp
Twitter
01:58PM@william_pittsjury's paying attention...no one looking down or away. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:00PM@william_pittsgoing over (again) what is and isn't a psychological assessment. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:03PM@william_pittsok now we're starting to lose a juror or two...even #JodiArias looks bored.Twitter
02:04PM@william_pittsRT @jeffgoldesq: Trial schedule next week for State v. #JodiArias - Tuesday & Wednesday only with the continuing Evidentiary Hearing on Thursday.Twitter
02:11PM@william_pittswe're still talking about objective testimony. Trying to build back Fonseca's resume and trust with the jury. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:12PM@william_pittsBack to sidebar... #JodiAriasTwitter
02:14PM@william_pitts@Plaidlassy no. doesn't look like we'll get a ruling today. just a meeting about how theyr'e going forwardTwitter
02:15PM@william_pitts@audrey_m well they ARE paying attention...guess it just depends on if they believe MartinezTwitter
02:17PM@william_pittsNurmi: would it be ethically proper for one expert to comment on objectivity of another expert? #JodiAriasTwitter
02:18PM@william_pittsFonseca wants specifics on how someone would not be objective. Says she didn't hear that from Martinez. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:19PM@william_pittsNurmi: Do you believe that anything to the contrary would be complete hogwash fabricated by the state?" Objection.Twitter
02:19PM@william_pittsFonseca: It would discourage anyone from coming forward if they're just going to be besmirched. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:20PM@william_pittswe're way past talking about "data points now. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:23PM@william_pittsNurmi: The implication that you had to witness everything to talk about it, did that make sense to you? F: no #JodiAriasTwitter
02:23PM@william_pitts@keshabailee $275, she made that clear a few days agoTwitter
02:27PM@william_pittsjust a thought: If Nurmi plans on having a witness for all 18 mitigating factors, do we really think we're done with this in three weeks?Twitter
02:32PM@william_pittsFonseca: "media sells, it distracts the jury." and i felt like we were going down that road. Says sexual behavior is not what she looked atTwitter
02:33PM@william_pittsFonseca says that's not the relationship, that's sex. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:33PM@william_pitts@courtchatter exactly...and h probably won't.Twitter
02:33PM@william_pitts@maryellen55t5 oh i've already planned that.Twitter
02:35PM@william_pitts@whodatKrissy nothing yetTwitter
02:37PM@william_pittsNow Fonseca talking her comment from yesterday re: "slime alley", trying to besmirch her reputation. Martinez objects and wins. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:42PM@william_pittsNurmi asks Fonseca for the definition of misogyny #JodiAriasTwitter
02:46PM@william_pittsout of sidebar and we're adjourning for the day. We're back on Tuesday, not Monday. Judge wishes everyone a happy thanksgiving. #JodiAriasTwitter
03:03PM@william_pittsWanna know what Diane Douglas looks like? Me too. Too bad she hid from our photog instead of answering questions http://t.co/Y4hRAMfUq0
Twitter

Why is his boss there, btw?
MeeBee, Beth Karas has been reporting that his counter part, a Mr. Shutts, has been at his table with him for over a week now and then yesterday it was his actual boss. (Mr. shutts used to be his boss but now they are equals.). I don't remember if Beth said if Det Flores is there. I just wonder if Det Flores is investigating the computer issue. Or if the boss wants to make sure defense doesn't attack Juan in some fashion. Beth said it isn't discussed and she has no idea.

meganrcassidy ‏@meganrcassidy 2m2 minutes ago
Fonseca says it's "outrageous" that someone (cough JM) would try to besmirch the reputation of a doc without any basis #JodiArias

And if there IS a good basis for it?

What's really weird about all of her testimony and this "besmirching" to me is that she presented herself as an expert psychologist and them claims nothing she said was based on doing what psychologists do. First sentence from wikipedia FWIW:
"A psychologist evaluates, diagnoses, treats, and studies behavior and mental processes[1](see also the article about Psychology)."
She claims she did no diagnosis here whatsoever, and that she couldn't even if she wanted to. They couldn't hire an out of work actor to read scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
#MadMax210