Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the jury witnessed this Dr.'s disrespectful attitude toward JM, her refusal to answer relevant questions and her baiting that he generally ignored. Ignored while he showed them how the defense shamefully mischaracterized not only events but both TA himself and the "silently suffering girl." Then they have the nerve to whine about what *he* did? Defense must have missed some digits when they were calculating this jury's collective IQ. If I were on that jury, the poor me routine by this "expert" would infuriate after seeing what was behind her original testimony. Not sure I could trust another thing they said after this performance.

MeeBee, Beth Karas has been reporting that his counter part, a Mr. Shutts, has been at his table with him for over a week now and then yesterday it was his actual boss. (Mr. shutts used to be his boss but now they are equals.). I don't remember if Beth said if Det Flores is there. I just wonder if Det Flores is investigating the computer issue. Or if the boss wants to make sure defense doesn't attack Juan in some fashion. Beth said it isn't discussed and she has no idea.

Thank you. I remember JA's twitter making mention of a Stutts sitting there to "babysit" him, but I figured that was a biased interpretation. I also have seen him there whenever they record hearings and release them. So what reason could there be for him to be here now? :waitasec:

That's it? 35 or 40 pieces of evidence? No wonder she doesn't know what the heck she's talking about. And she calls that "voluminous."

What did she do, close her eyes and pick one from each box?

I am ready for the media to report tomorrow that the court of appeals has sided with the media, that the secret witness is outed, and that we get to read the transcript of testimony during break. I believe the witness is JA.

Dr. F. testified on re-direct that she "stays anchored on data points". Like a fakir in India, with the same abilities at inducing trance, obviously.

Thank you. I remember JA's twitter making mention of a Stutts sitting there to "babysit" him, but I figured that was a biased interpretation. I also have seen him whenever the record hearings and release them. So what reason could there be for him to be here now?

Guess we aren't privy to that information. You haven't heard from COA have you? They were to discuss media case this afternoon.

On sidebar post 734

from WAT

Nurmi asks Dr. MF if Travis was a misogynist - Juan objected - approach

then Nurmi asks to look up the definition?

Well, I hope Juan can find anything to prove this wrong. I would bet she has been previously "called unethical"

Definitely. If nothing else, doesn't this open the door to the case where she got brought up for improperly helping get somebody convicted? I think that's been posted here earlier somewhere.

So the jury witnessed this Dr.'s disrespectful attitude toward JM, her refusal to answer relevant questions and her baiting that he generally ignored. Ignored while he showed them how the defense shamefully mischaracterized not only events but both TA himself and the "silently suffering girl." Then they have the nerve to whine about what *he* did? Defense must have missed some digits when they were calculating this jury's collective IQ. If I were on that jury, the poor me routine by this "expert" would infuriate after seeing what was behind her original testimony. Not sure I could trust another thing they said after this performance.

Very Good Points

We have to give the jury some credit and remember they are not imbecils. I am pretty comfortable that the jury has properly diagnosed this witness well enough to know that the DT was trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

The tweet after that didn't really follow the question on misogyny. They said she was barely able to get something like "woman hater" out before Juan objected. And I don think they meant Travis, I think they meant Juan. But that's MO...
Beth K reported a little more on that dialogue. She described it as being a woman hater, sexist or oppressive attitudes toward women. Nuri asked if that also played a role in this case and then JM objected "beyond the scope".

@WAT Tweets from 1:40pm to 3:38pm MST
12:40PM
@WildAboutTrialJuan says, "You are required to be objective." She agrees, he says, "You have not been objective here, have you?" #jodiariasTwitter
12:41PM@WildAboutTrialDr disagrees, scientifically she believes she has been objective. #jodiariasTwitter
12:43PM@WildAboutTrialJuan displays a gmail chat between #jodiarias & TA that Dr. described as a "rant." I wonder if anyone checks JodiArias@gmail.com anymore ��Twitter
12:44PM@WildAboutTrialDr. described chat as "5 hour rant..." Juan displays that it was a 2 hour & 15 minute conversation. #jodiariasTwitter
12:45PM@WildAboutTrialJuan suggests through questions that she used the phrase "5 hour rant" to make TA look terrible. #jodiariasTwitter
12:47PM@WildAboutTrialDr claimed angry convo was 16 pages - Juan points out that it clearly states in the corner of the page it was only 12 pages. #jodiariasTwitter
12:49PM@WildAboutTrialJuan displaying that Dr is exaggerating details to put TA in a negative light. #jodiariasTwitter
12:52PM@WildAboutTrialJuan now explaining thru questioning that TA brought #JodiArias around friends. ie: Freeman siblings. Contradiction to Dr direct testimony.Twitter
12:53PM@WildAboutTrial@KLaurieks According to the Dr #JodiArias "has only lied about the murder" LOLOLOLOLOLOLTwitter
12:54PM@WildAboutTrialJuan wants to revisit Daniel Freeman testimony, Nurmi asks to approach bench. #jodiariasTwitter
12:56PM@WildAboutTrialJuan wins. We're watching Daniel Freeman again. (Unfortunately.) #jodiariasTwitter
01:02PM@WildAboutTrialWatching testimony for the 20th time, I'm reminded of how much Daniel Freeman seems 2 enjoy the attention. #jodiariasTwitter
01:09PM@WildAboutTrialDan Freeman stating in previous testimony that Travis didn't want to be alone with #JodiArias. Requested he spend time w/them.Twitter
01:12PM@WildAboutTrialJuan's objective in showing testimony: Dan Freeman witnessing arguments between #JodiArias & TA. Contradicting "Suffering in silence."Twitter
01:25PM@WildAboutTrialDr says she just made an observation. TA was unhappy and it was escalating. Considered suicide. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:27PM@WildAboutTrialDr just said Mr. Martinez. You know, all saucy like... #jodiarias http://t.co/iNzBlL7c8U Twitter
01:30PM@WildAboutTrialSomeone got in a fight with My Little Pony in spectator seating. Black and pink hair. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:30PM@WildAboutTrialWe are at a sidebar and #JodiArias looks behind her at her family. No Wish Bone for her on Thursday.Twitter
01:32PM@WildAboutTrial10 minute recess, meet me by the swings! #jodiariasTwitter
01:34PM@WildAboutTrialWe end today at 3:30pm MST so you all can go back to your regularly scheduled kitten cuddles. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:44PM@WildAboutTrialWaiting to return from recess. Heavy staple-age in the courtroom. Hairy guy in total VACAY tee in spectator seating. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:46PM@WildAboutTrialThe Return of Nurmi. We begin redirect of Dr. F. Grab your Slanket. This'll be a snooze fest. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:48PM@WildAboutTrialNurmi & Doc have a therapy session on how mean Juan was to her. She wants 2 be able 2 use the word assessment whenever she wants. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:50PM@WildAboutTrialNurmi is referring to Juan's exchanges with The Dr as "an attack." Dr's "feels" are totally hurt. Kicks rocks. http://t.co/PZXO9W0kcwTwitter
01:54PM@WildAboutTrial1 of the jurors has a hair bun I'm not quite comfortable with. AKA Observations you make when Nurmi wants to talk physics. #jodiariasTwitter
01:55PM@WildAboutTrialNurmi was nice to me on our way back to the bathroom though so I do hope he has a Happy Thanksgiving. <3 #JodiAriasTwitter
01:57PM@WildAboutTrialWe're reviewing The Dr's resume & experience to attempt to rebuild her credibility for the defense. I heard the word erotic. #jodiariasTwitter
01:57PM@WildAboutTrialNurmi has asked if The Dr has ever violated ethical guidelines. The answer is no. #JodiAriasTwitter
01:58PM@WildAboutTrialThe Dr continuously uses the word "objective" to try to rebalance her testimony. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:01PM@WildAboutTrialNumerous mentions of Travis Alexander's financial instability. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:05PM@WildAboutTrialDr F is still talking about how scientific she is. She didn't appreciate Juan questioning her credibility. #jodiarias http://t.co/jVARAWve4vTwitter
02:07PM@WildAboutTrialDr F stays she "stayed anchored on data points to stay objective in this case..." #jodiarias http://t.co/RQ5FFNIZdBTwitter
02:14PM@WildAboutTrialNurmi approachs after Juan objected 2 question about one Doc's ability 2 discredit another. 15MINS left. #jodiarias http://t.co/e6BjMnZ6ik
02:17PM@WildAboutTrialWe're back. Nurmi: "Would it be ethically proper for one expert to comment on the objectivity of another expert?" #jodiariasTwitter
02:18PM@WildAboutTrialDr. doesn't have a problem with it. So Nurmi is going to ask her about it in 90 different ways until he gets the answer he wants. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:19PM@WildAboutTrialDr. pouts that it was implied via Juan Martinez that she was not objective. Nurmi asked if she did act objectively, she says yes. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:20PM@WildAboutTrialDr says it is OUTRAGEOUS that Juan Martinez would accuse her of not being objective. "Rumors stick." She says. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:23PM@WildAboutTrialDr says she reviewed 35-40 pieces of evidence & it's unfair that Juan calls her out for memory. #JodiArias http://t.co/CmhLmwT9RCTwitter
02:24PM@WildAboutTrialDr says that she's been to Nurmi's office where he has over 30 boxes of evidence. Flirt Alert. #JodiAriasTwitter
02:29PM@WildAboutTrialDr spent 4 hours with #JodiArias in May. In August, she spent less than 4 hours. http://t.co/GUvDY6NsVrTwitter
02:32PM@WildAboutTrialNurmi, "Asked specifics of the sexual behavior - You said, specifics of sexual behavior are a distraction. Explain that..." #JodiAriasTwitter
02:33PM@WildAboutTrialDr F says Juan tries to distract the jury w/ sexuality of case & she felt his questions were irrelevant. #JodiArias http://t.co/Xt0yaA3RTxTwitter
02:34PM@WildAboutTrialDr. F accidentally just called #JodiArias "Ms. Ora ... Ms. Arias." Freudian slip.Twitter
02:36PM@WildAboutTrialHappening in spectator seating right meow... #JodiArias https://twitter.com/WildAboutTrial/status/537374417693589504/photo/1Twitter
02:38PM@WildAboutTrialDr says she has never seen or dealt with anyone like Juan Martinez before. Re: Slimy comment made previously. http://t.co/9pePsPxA4eTwitter
[td]Twitter [/TD]

Beth K reported a little more on that dialogue. She described it as being a woman hater, sexist or oppressive attitudes toward women. Nuri asked if that also played a role in this case and then JM objected "beyond the scope".

Oh, thank you! Gah...we miss so much following the trial this way. SO much.

Um, I think FU are the initials of one's ex.

(The after-work glass of wine seems to be kicking in. Tee-hee! I'll shut up now and log off. :bananapartyhat:)

It was how she spoke to her Dad as a reference to not being a "suffering in silence" type of person.

You are so right Bernina! I have to wonder though if because Travis did not have his temple recommend at that time, and now the facts of the sexual relationship have come out in court and common knowledge among other LDS members, if Travis were to have told his Bishop that he again had sexual relations (since Deanna) with Jodi - wouldn't that be enough for him to be excommunicated?

I'm pretty sure that if you are on "probation" (for lack of a better word) for "backsliding" and you are already being reprimanded for behaviors - a second time would up the ante' - no?

Just a question rolling round in my brain.

Nope..........the Church likes to keep it's numbers up. Excommunication involves a felony conviction (take your pick), being a "son of perdition" (denying the Holy Ghost), or denying the truthfulness of the Church:

"All sins shall be forgiven, except the sin against the Holy Ghost; for Jesus will save all except the sons of perdition. What must a man do to commit the unpardonable sin? He must receive the Holy Ghost, have the heavens opened unto him, and know God, and then sin against him. After a man has sinned against the Holy Ghost, there is no repentance for him. He has got to say that the sun does not shine while he sees it; he has got to deny Jesus Christ when the heavens have been opened unto him, and to deny the plan of salvation with his eyes open to the truth of it." J. Smith

On sidebar post 734

from WAT

Nurmi asks Dr. MF if Travis was a misogynist - Juan objected - approach

then Nurmi asks to look up the definition?

So it appears it was about Travis.

Chalk it up to Trial by Tweets again. :)

Thanks Wenwe4 for spotting this.

Thank you. I remember JA's twitter making mention of a Stutts sitting there to "babysit" him, but I figured that was a biased interpretation. I also have seen him there whenever they record hearings and release them. So what reason could there be for him to be here now? :waitasec:

I believe if JM needs something, he can't leave but the other person can. So they would be there to support the State's case in regards to getting material JM needs during court. Just a guess but prosecutors almost always have someone sitting with them as backup for the unexpected. Someone would need to be familiar with the case and know exactly where to put their hands on material JM would need. jmo

Yes, but she is incredulous that she is being accused of being unethical for the first time in 30 years...when she has been accused of it.

Translation from nit witness Fonseca; Damn, that's the most thorough cross exam ever done on me in 30 years Crap. He was able to expose me, the bas@&rd!! No ones ever called me on my stuff before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab