GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

According to google maps, it is exactly a 9 minute drive (4 miles) from Duck Duck Goose to the home business of Distinctive Fence Co, Inc. https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/451+...5e4ed7b117057!2m2!1d-75.49147!2d40.678306!3e0

So she leaves the day care at 12:50. Gets to the house (business), texts her sister via FB, calls her hubby (they've both said contact with her was just around 1pm), and is shot by her step dad all in a matter of 10 minutes from the time she left the day care.

That's just so insane to me! I cannot fathom what his motive was. If he shot her so quickly, I really can't imagine that the sexual assault occurred before death OR that he attempted before death. Just seems really quick.

I did see on another site an interesting comment though. The individual said she was friends with a friend of the family and that she was told he tried to rape her and she fought him off, and that is when he shot her. Seems so quick though...

Here's a new theory: Perhaps Greg was cheating on Jessica's mother, Jessica somehow found out and this caused major conflict between the two and once the mother went away maybe it like escalated and maybe Greg was warned by Jessica she was going to tell her mother and Greg then shot her and sexually assaulted her..Just saying it's such a sad story and so many twisted scenarios that could've played out here god bless everyone who is being effected
I was thinking this too.

If you use the search drop-down on his facebook page to find "Pictures of" him there's a lot of extremely disturbing photos of him with all sorts of animals he's killed on trips- beautiful zebras, wild cats, etc. But the most disturbing one is of him posing with the corpse of an ape or monkey (I'd clarify which but it was so upsetting I'm not going to look at his page again)- it looks so human, and there's something very odd in the way he poses with his kills. I understand why people hunt and I don't take a huge moral stand against it if it's done humanely and the animals are consumed, but this is the facebook page of someone who really loves to kill things just for fun.

I keep wondering if GG dug the hole to bury Jessica before she arrived.

I won't text and drive so I often reply and send texts when I pull into driveways and parking lots.

My guess is she leaves work, drives to the house, sends the two texts from her car at 1:00, sets the phone down in the car to run in and send the fax and is shot when she enters the house.
Would she normally send a Facebook message to her sister? Usually one would text...

That's just so insane to me! I cannot fathom what his motive was. If he shot her so quickly, I really can't imagine that the sexual assault occurred before death OR that he attempted before death. Just seems really quick.

I did see on another site an interesting comment though. The individual said she was friends with a friend of the family and that she was told he tried to rape her and she fought him off, and that is when he shot her. Seems so quick though...
How would they know? Did he have physical evidence from her trying to fight him off?

It would seem that in the few minutes it all took place that he had planned to kill her before that day, and set things up that day. It would make most sense that she walked in the house and he shot her then, she probably never even saw him. Creep...ugh. But I'm wondering if there is some financial aspect to this. What is she found something out that he was doing illegal, changing his books, doing something with money or getting money. I don't know...it could certainly be sexually motivated. But maybe there is another reason, that he wouldn't divulge to LE.

If the timing is accurate, it is bizarre...almost as though he attacked with gun in hand, ready to shoot her.

It would seem that in the few minutes it all took place that he had planned to kill her before that day, and set things up that day. It would make most sense that she walked in the house and he shot her then, she probably never even saw him. Creep...ugh. But I'm wondering if there is some financial aspect to this. What is she found something out that he was doing illegal, changing his books, doing something with money or getting money. I don't know...it could certainly be sexually motivated. But maybe there is another reason, that he wouldn't divulge to LE.

Good point about the possibility of money being a part of GG's motive...

:waitasec:

Would she normally send a Facebook message to her sister? Usually one would text...

I guess it could just be me, but my sisters and I don't text. We Facebook message each other everyday though.

I keep wondering if GG dug the hole to bury Jessica before she arrived.

I'm thinking he'd almost had to have. He planned this whole thing out, from the looks of it. This all went down so quickly, he'd almost had to have somewhere fast to stash the body, knowing his home would probably be one of the first places they looked for her. I wonder if he didn't expect that she'd tell her coworkers that she was going to his place to send a fax?

It makes me sick. How many family dinners did they have together, while he gazed at her, plotting her murder? How many times were they in each other's homes, or at family get togethers, while this sick fantasized about doing this, plotting it?

Maybe GG was involved in the drug trade again? Seems to have a lot of extra cash on hand, to go on "hunting safari's" to kill zebras and apes, and other precious creatures, and to own a second home in Fla.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jessica-padgett-murder-stepfather-20141126-story.html#page=1[/QUOTE]

He has told LE a lot (not that any of it is true). But he says she was not killed fighting off an attack.

I think it depends on the person & their habits. Myself and my kids text all the time but some of my older girls use FB more prominently so if I get a message from one of them on FB I respond there. If I get a direct text I respond that way. Her sister may have sent her a FB message earlier and she was just responding to it via FB instead of text. This is very common in my family, so it makes sense to me.

But I'm wondering if there is some financial aspect to this. What is she found something out that he was doing illegal, changing his books, doing something with money or getting money. I don't know...it could certainly be sexually motivated. But maybe there is another reason, that he wouldn't divulge to LE.

I know what you mean, I keep thinking about my earlier post (#330) that had this info about him:

He has convictions in the 1980s for theft. In 1995, he served a three-to-23-month sentence in Lehigh County Jail for possession with intent to deliver drugs and conspiracy.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jessica-padgett-murder-stepfather-20141126-story.html#page=1

Makes me wonder if something was still going on in that direction. Did Jessica find out something she shouldn't and he felt that she had to go?

I know what you mean, I keep thinking about my earlier post (#330) that had this info about him:

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jessica-padgett-murder-stepfather-20141126-story.html#page=1

Makes me wonder if something was still going on in that direction. Did Jessica find out something she shouldn't and he felt that she had to go?

Good, and valid question. There's big money in that, plus big money in illegal hunting. I have a bit of hard time believing a fencing company brought in enough revenue to finance everything going on. Although, it still doesn't answer the 'sexual motivation' LE has referred to.

Maybe GG was involved in the drug trade again? Seems to have a lot of extra cash on hand, to go on "hunting safari's" to kill zebras and apes, and other precious creatures, and to own a second home in Fla.

You must have been posting while I was typing this same question. Great minds think alike LOL.

Another thing I wonder about when you mention all his hunting safari's (how can there be a gator left in the state), what about possible dealing in black market exotic animal skins/pelts? Seems there could be a lot of money in that.

Although, it still doesn't answer the 'sexual motivation' LE has referred to.

Unless maybe that's just his cover story for LE.

Just some idle scenario thinking here, but what if he felt that he had to get rid of Jessica for some reason. He carefully makes his plans for his strike, and kills her. Then to celebrate the kill, and show his "mastery" over her he sexually assaults her. When he's caught, his story is just about the sexual attack/murder, and nothing about what was going on in the background that led him to do this.

I know this scenario is probably way off, but every time I try to think about what happened that day I still can't get all the puzzle pieces to fit the how and why.

It appears that everything happened with lightening speed. There doesn't even seem time for a sexual assult to occur, and what would explain the bullet in the back of the head ...

Did Jessica enter the stepfather's house and was confronted by him threatening her with a gun? Did she then turn to escape the house and that's when he shot her in the back of the head?

Her family must be devastated. Her mother married a man who was obsessed with killing animals, and ended up killing her daughter - This whole thing is so shocking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back