AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a photo of his booking? I find it curious that he shaved between the house fire , which occurred after his last interview, and his arrest. Why is that curious? Because men's toiletries, including shave cream were located in the vicinity of Casscoe pings in that same time frame.

If that is evidence they are keeping hushed about to preserve the case... fine. But LE needs to come out and make a statement that they are in fact working, but choosing to withhold info to protect the case. I could live with that because then at least we'd know they gave a damm. Right now it feels like they are covering up stuff or trying to shield someone. Or covering up mistakes they made.

No, no, no. Toiletries were with the drapes and teddy bear at the Bayou Meto bridge -- 15 miles from Casscoe. Only association with pings is that Casscoe search was already underway on the same afternoon (Oct. 4) of the bridge find. Deputy had to be dispatched away from Casscoe to respond to bridge.

FYI... the scanner gurus acknowledged our request for a rewind on the 9-1-1 call for the fire that happened at/by the Compton's after Cassie's disappearance...

Reply indicates there is no LE scanner feed for Arkansas County, Arkansas....

:sigh:

O/T... But... "Arkansas" is spelled "A-a-k-a-n-s-a-s" on the police website...and the website was created or updated way back in 2011... does this tell us something?...:banghead:
certainly no surprise...Sad to say.

FYI... the scanner gurus acknowledged our request for a rewind on the 9-1-1 call for the fire that happened at/by the Compton's after Cassie's disappearance...

Reply indicates there is no LE scanner feed for Arkansas County, Arkansas....

:sigh:

O/T... But... "Arkansas" is spelled "A-a-k-a-n-s-a-s" on the police website...and the website was created or updated way back in 2011... does this tell us something?...:banghead:

Oh Clue you reminded me, I went and checked for a scanner feed, all I found for Arkansas County was 'One Horse Volunteer Fire' - I forgot, so sorry.

IIRC presumed said 'toiletries', mentioned by a VI, were discovered no where near Casscoe
Unless there are other mystery ones??
Thank you. Toiletries found about 15 miles from there. Got it.

o_O

No, no, no. Toiletries were with the drapes and teddy bear at the Bayou Meto bridge -- 15 miles from Casscoe. Only association with pings is that Casscoe search was already underway on the same afternoon (Oct. 4) of the bridge find. Deputy had to be dispatched away from Casscoe to respond to bridge.

got4, may I ask what made you think the bridge items might be related to Cassie's case specifically? Obviously LE agreed that a connection might have been likely, since they pulled someone(s) off of the active search in Casscoe to investigate- which is either kind of a big deal with such a small force- or they were not hugely invested in the search in Casscoe to begin with.

But LE didn't collect those items on site, is that correct? So this is all very perplexing to me.

The search on the 4th in Casscoe was LE based, both local and FBI (as reported in MSM) correct? While the volunteer search continued in town, yes?

Which LEO(s) responded to the bridge call? Local? FBI? Or both? Was there no longer any LE (local or state or fed) operating with the volunteer search team that day?

SmallTownMomma, iirc you participated in that search. Perhaps you could help fill in these blanks? TIA.

I agree with MOST of that. There is nothing to be lost and everything to be gained by publicly describing her last known outfit, demure, and conversations.

GigTu, I couldn't agree with you more.

If LE has her clothing or phone or whatever (which I do NOT believe they do) and not the location of Cassie, then they would be obstructing their own case by advising against releasing that information from witnesses. HS is last know to have seen Cassie. The reports of JC and BR are variable and inconsistent. HS's is at least corroborated by TS.

Imvho (and this is no attack on TS or HS- I fully understand that they found themselves in an extremely uncomfortable situation) either TS or HS should have come forward by this point and said something. Anything, publically, about what Cassie was wearing and carrying. Over and over again.
It begs the question- why are they so certain this information is not valuable enough for SAR- even at this late of a date?

Then again- the search team leader(s) and local LE were telling local volunteers to be on the lookout for body parts. Not even disarticulated remains- parts of a child, implying dismemberment as a form of transportation and disposal. So I can understand why they may have been led to believe this sort of info is no longer valuable.

But I mean, folks. What?

We are approaching three months that this child has been missing.
What?

mvhoo. and all that jazz.

Just wanted to let everyone know. I just left Walmart in Crossett, Ark and Cassie's flyer is on their board for Missing and Exploited Children.

got4, may I ask what made you think the bridge items might be related to Cassie's case specifically? Obviously LE agreed that a connection might have been likely, since they pulled someone(s) off of the active search in Casscoe to investigate- which is either kind of a big deal with such a small force- or they were not hugely invested in the search in Casscoe to begin with.

But LE didn't collect those items on site, is that correct? So this is all very perplexing to me.

The search on the 4th in Casscoe was LE based, both local and FBI (as reported in MSM) correct? While the volunteer search continued in town, yes?

Which LEO(s) responded to the bridge call? Local? FBI? Or both? Was there no longer any LE (local or state or fed) operating with the volunteer search team that day?

SmallTownMomma, iirc you participated in that search. Perhaps you could help fill in these blanks? TIA.
I was not present for that search. I participated in the October 18 volunteer only search.

It starts with my initial concern for Cassie since 9-17 having known her and having daughters her age. I was functioning with heightened alert, in part because we have had a body found on our land back in the early 1990s. Angela's body was found on the east side of town in a field off Hartz See Road (we call it Pin Oak), and her clothing was found within a half mile of my house on our westside farm. Her toddler was turned loose in a third location north toward Ulm.

Sometimes when we go walking, we come back with "critter counts" about the animals we spotted. Occasionally, we find things like zebra mussel shells or spent bullet casings where neighbors have done target practice on turtles and water moccasins from the bridge. I was already to the point of not letting my most adventurous daughter out by herself -- so she left with a neighbor with phones. They were aware of Cassie missing.

To find the bags was unusual because the bridge does not have enough traffic for there to be much trash once you pass the corner of Bormann and Johnson roads. We sometimes pick up glass and plastic bottles that have floated from somewhere else in higher water; but really, there is not much dumping there. We keep it clean. We have had a stolen gun tossed from the bridge when the guy on the run didn't realize there was no way out of the private property. I remember a tall birdcage being dumped back in 1980 when the Bayou Meto went dry in a drought. LOCATION was a factor.

When my daughter's friend called me and she said "two bags packed with sheets or drapes," I told them not to touch a thing because I was already thinking body parts could have been wrapped inside. We had just had a rain on Thursday night, and an adult neighbor had taken a picture of the same spot to send to her out-of-state duck hunters. I had missed going on the organized search that morning because I worked in town until 3 p.m. I wondered if the items had been relocated from somewhere known to be in the planned areas. So TIMING was a factor.

One of the bags, a leopard print zippered duffel with exterior pockets looked just like something a teenage girl like Cassie would own. The other bag was a black and white tote with a damask pattern. Two bags with handles were chosen to dump the items (quickly) instead of a big black trash bag. A normal person could simply leave those discarded items at the curb for pickup in town. Plus there are plenty of green dumpsters in town that could have been more convenient. There is never a strong enough current to have moved those items from another more public bridge like the one on Hwy. 79 heading to Humphrey.

There was a clean blue Powerade bottle (half-full) specifically lodged in some brush roots that looked like someone could return, so we even wondered if someone could be hiding nearby. Could the drapes have been a tent? I called 911 first, as our emergency calls are having to go through the police station since the arson of the county building where the 911 center was located on September 23. I was speaking to a female dispatcher who told me all deputies were in Casscoe, so it would be a good 30 minutes for response. I told her I would stay there as long as it took to get someone there. (I think the time was 4:04 p.m. I had gotten off at 3 p.m. and girls left house when I got home. This call isn't in my phone anymore.)

I also called our nearest neighbors who actually farm closest to this location in Prairie County. Her nephew lives nearby so he and his wife came, too. We were a little perplexed that we saw a big clump of wet fur but did not smell decomposition. We thought it was a dead muskrat or two and even wondered if someone might try to cook it if they were hungry enough. We looked around for any campfire or human waste while we were waiting on the sheriff's deputy.

I didn't catch the deputy's name, but can identify his navy blue Chevy truck which is a regular vehicle around town with a couple of SO-identifying tags/stickers. He called his location into the dispatcher then slid down gravel to where the bags were. He picked up the fur which was a teddy bear. Then he picked up a couple of drape panels looking for blood. He walked around a little, called in his opinion to a supervisor (most likely at Casscoe search). Then he told us, "That's just a bunch of trash," and left. No pictures were taken, no notes were taken for a written report.

We decided if it were actually trash we needed to clean it up, but we didn't want to dispose of it in case it were needed later. A neighbor went to the farm shop for a big trash bag and only the nephew touched items while I held the bag open. My neighbor took pictures from above on the bridge as nephew picked up teddy bear, one panel at a time, etc. -- then hit the two men's shirts and toiletries from a gift set. It then crossed my mind, maybe these were things JC wanted discarded as she had just kicked him out of the home. Did BR give the bear to JC?

Or what if the bear were something JC wanted to send with Cassie if she were being trafficked off? Directions to the bridge are easy from the highway. I wondered if they might have someone come get Cassie if she were pregnant? If they didn't want her to know she were being picked up, she could be drugged and hidden in the drapes. I worried enough to contact FBI myself by email on Sunday night. That opened a direct contact for me used for a few other tips. I did a written narrative for them before they came and retrieved the items from my neighbors.

I was not present for that search. I participated in the October 18 volunteer only search.

Gotcha. Sorry, there was some confusion early on about that. Perhaps because the Oct 4th search began with volunteer participation as well, and then split.

I AM understanding correctly, that got4 was concerned about body parts on the 4th, and at the search on the 18th, you were advised to bolo for that as well, correct? As well as burial expenses being discussed etc etc.

What was the origin of this thought process? Local LE? Local rumor?

ETA: in case ya'll are wondering....that's the question I want answered. That's one alarming and atypical rumor to be floating about, when a child has been missing and assumed runaway for only a few short weeks. Kwim?

Gotcha. Sorry, there was some confusion early on about that. Perhaps because the Oct 4th search began with volunteer participation as well, and then split.

I AM understanding correctly, that got4 was concerned about body parts on the 4th, and at the search on the 18th, you were advised to bolo for that as well, correct?

What was the origin of this thought process? Local LE? Local rumor?

I just thought in the panic of the moment a complete body would not fit in a single bag and that dividing it into two or more parts could fit into two bags. I find the bags with handles a means of quick portability. When there was no blood, suffocation or drugging came to mind. Might the bear have been used to muffle a scream? LE has said NOTHING. I did hear the term "recovery" on the morning radio news while in line getting breakfast on Sat., Oct. 4 because I got teary-eyed and told the donut shop lady what I had just heard. These events were long before the opening of modern gun deer season in November, so the AWFUL meat processing IDEA/RUMOR popping up today elsewhere in social media does not fit the timeline very well. Bow hunting and muzzle loading might have been active, but still . . . . Some people are pretty desperate for new ideas.

Yes.
Well, I gotta say....the release of the TES flyer now (with details we have been begging for for months-what's their source?) has me beyond perplexed. As well as talk about bigger SAR orgs here, but then we were looking at some smaller orgs taking her case, just a little bit ago. And no interest from reporters or communication from LE.
Well, a lot of things in Cassie's case have me...confused.

Thinking I should probably sleep on it all for awhile.

Goodnite, ya'll.
I hope today is the day Cassie is located, safe and well.

meat processing rumors?? are you freaking kidding me?
good golly miss molly

I just thought in the panic of the moment a complete body would not fit in a single bag and that dividing it into two or more parts could fit into two bags. I find the bags with handles a means of quick portability. When there was no blood, suffocation or drugging came to mind. Might the bear have been used to muffle a scream? LE has said NOTHING. I did hear the term "recovery" on the morning radio news while in line getting breakfast on Sat., Oct. 4 because I got teary-eyed and told the donut shop lady what I had just heard. These events were long before the opening of modern gun deer season in November, so the AWFUL meat processing IDEA/RUMOR popping up today elsewhere in social media does not fit the timeline very well. Bow hunting and muzzle loading might have been active, but still . . . . Some people are pretty desperate for new ideas.
got4 i just woke up with yet another chilling thought..... those things found under the bridge might have been someones death kit meant for an entirely different girl. You better keep your eyes peeled, and not let your own little ones wander about... at all! :O

I've asked that exact question, and it is too far back for my daughter to remember specifically. I did ask about seeing any boots, too. With a doctor's visit in store the next day (Thursday), she might have been sick with the crud (upper respiratory infection?) that night. I WILL check into getting copies of sign in sheets from that church TOMORROW.
got4, were you ever able to check those sign in sheets. it may help us to retrace Cassie's footsteps farther back than just the weekend she disappeared.

got4, were you ever able to check those sign in sheets. it may help us to retrace Cassie's footsteps farther back than just the weekend she disappeared.

The C4C Stuttgart Facebook page has pictures from several Flipside events posted on the page. got4, do you see any of Cassie in the crowds?

First of all let me say that it is great that Cassie is getting even more exposure.

I dont know what to say anymore about Cassie's case however. I really dont. What kind of case has more of a physical description 3 months out than it did the day she was reported? I call shenanigans. I am going to say flat out that if there is not a disclosure of the source, I dont believe the change in the clothing. There are no pictures to support any of it. I can make a poster and say she was in a hot pink dress and skaters.

I remember a boat load of people recommending and writing to TES when Cassie disappeared and wasnt immediately recovered-many of them were on SM. If I had the energy I could dig out the criteria for making a TES poster. We have seen a number of posters from different orgs for her case, all of them containing different information. This is nuts.

And her complexion is light to medium?

I guess I hope that the mole, highlighted here by sharp eyed sleuthers who didnt even know her, was finally entered into NCIC. We have pushed every single descriptor....we have asked and asked and asked. You have to look at the big picture and ask yourself why there is information now that hasnt been available during the most critical time when there was the best chance of her being found.

My heart hurts for this lost, thrown away child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shakespeare