Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/9-1/12 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just call me Confused.

From the Court Minute Entries: “Defendant’s Motion in Limine to Preclude the State From Eliciting Testimony Regarding
“Work Drives” is argued and denied.”

Doesn’t that mean the State CAN bring in testimony regarding the drives analyzed by ? and the Mysterians … ??? I thought yesterday’s “reporting” stated otherwise.

I saw that too and wondered the same thing. ? and the Mysterians, LOL.

BBM

What JA wants is special treatment.

She wants considerations and respect extended to her that she herself would never extend to another.

E.g., the right and the ability to assassinate her murder victim's character as she assassinated his body, the right and the ability to hide behind secret testiphony and not be held accountable to the truth.

JA wants this testiphony to remain sealed in the face of the CoA's and SC's rulings to release it.

JSKS is giving her all of these things.

JSKS, not your fellow WSers, is the one who is giving JA exactly what she wants.

Agreed. To stop critiquing the judge because the murderer wants us to have at her is to still fall into her hands- a typical double bind. She doesn't control our opinions or insight or voices. IMO. The judge is judged on her own merits and how she performs. Nurmi wants to shut down all the voices. Hence, his super secret unconstitutional stance. Besides, the murderer is merely an opportunist. Anything negative about others makes her happy. Be manipulated by the psychos and before you know it, you're walking on eggshells and well muzzled.

I couldn't find the post I thought I remembered seeing, hopefully AZ will chime in here about this. But, originally I was responding to the post about having the judge removed not something happening to cause the judge to be unable to continue. That is the difference.

AZL? What would happen?

Would anyone like to bet that in the meantime she strikes the unfinished 'secret' testimony on the grounds that Arias refuses to continue and/or the CA ruled it unconstitutional - thus, negating the release of the transcript, and preventing Juan from crossing?
That is absolutely brilliant, and I'd say absolutely right on the money.

Just call me Confused.

From the Court Minute Entries: “Defendant’s Motion in Limine to Preclude the State From Eliciting Testimony Regarding
“Work Drives” is argued and denied.”

Doesn’t that mean the State CAN bring in testimony regarding the drives analyzed by ? and the Mysterians … ??? I thought yesterday’s “reporting” stated otherwise.

That's interesting. Juan could have brought up the Incinerator business it appears. Looks like he figured he did sufficient damage to the guy and didn't want to give the jury the impression he did any damage to the state. Even though Juan only asked a few questions, Laurence will be able to go beyond the scope of them in recross all he wants and go on for quite a while longer. He should have wrapped up yesterday.

Anyone know if LKN has ever argued a case in front of the AZ Supreme Court before?

Doubt it based on his performance in the CoA. I'm wondering if he's planning to go for the gold and try the U.S. Supreme Ct next?

MOO

But, there was a specific note by the judge in the minute entries two or three days ago that were posted upstream specifically addressing that day. Would these times be testimony or sidebars? Looks like not much will be in transcripts either way. I'm wondering if these sealings are SEPARATE from the testimony.. and are sidebars which are mentioned?

IT IS ORDERED sealing the transcript of these proceedings and the electronic court record from 9:57 a.m. – 10:15 a.m., from 12:18 p.m. – 12:28 p.m., from 2:44 p.m. – 2:58 p.m. and from 3:09 p.m. – 3:25 p.m. not to be unsealed without further Court order..

That's interesting. Juan could have brought up the Incinerator business it appears. Looks like he figured he did sufficient damage to the guy and didn't want to give the jury the impression he did any damage to the state. Even though Juan only asked a few questions, Laurence will be able to go beyond the scope of them in recross all he wants and go on for quite a while longer. He should have wrapped up yesterday.
The question was posed to BK yesterday about him being able to ask questions about the work drives and although the judge did allow him to ask questions about it, he didn't ask any was her response. I don't know if he knew it would be a constant sizzle-bar or what kept him from it but I'd say he know exactly what he's doing. Hope that helps

Agreed. To stop critiquing the judge because the murderer wants us to have at her is to still fall into her hands- a typical double bind. She doesn't control our opinions or insight or voices. IMO. The judge is judged on her own merits and how she performs. Nurmi wants to shut down all the voices. Hence, his super secret unconstitutional stance. Besides, the murderer is merely an opportunist. Anything negative about others makes her happy. Be manipulated by the psychos and before you know it, you're walking on eggshells and well muzzled.

That was not what my post was about- at all.

I was reacting mainly to the post(s) about having the judge removed from the case. I have seen that more than once in the past several days. As well as fellow sleuthers having it out with one another.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I am sorry. I had the exact opposite intention. I failed miserably.

I checked the invoices from my last trial in Maricopa County Superior Court. Transcript fees were paid to the court reporters personally. Charges were $8 per page (!) for daily transcript originals, $4 per page for "expedited" transcript copies (meaning the "originals" had already been ordered by our opposing counsel), and $4 per page for "take your time" originals (which took 6 weeks for the full transcript of a 9-day trial, some of which had already been transcribed during the trial on a "daily" or "expedited" basis). So $1 per page is apparently a steal.

I was pretty shocked. Normally I never see these invoices--they go straight to my paralegal and our managing partner cuts the checks.

Did Sherry deem it true that JM committed prosecutorial misconduct AND that there was kiddie *advertiser censored* found on TAs computer? Seems like she did! Isn't there supposed to be papers filed outlining these decisions??
Can JM or the State do anything to protect themselves?

No. She has not ruled on prosecutorial misconduct, and no one has asked her to rule whether there was kiddie *advertiser censored*.

I couldn't find the post I thought I remembered seeing, hopefully AZ will chime in here about this. But, originally I was responding to the post about having the judge removednot something happening to cause the judge to be unable to continue. That is the difference.

AZL? What would happen?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if JSS wasn't sitting in that chair another judge would be sitting there and everything would continue on. Probably faster.

AZL- it was about having the judge be removed- as in forcibly.

JM is a smart prosecutor. Don't drag out any confusing testimony if it's unnecessary. Can you imagine the time that would have been wasted by the DT if he had tried to ask about that in front of the jury?

Plus that argument really belongs in the prosecutorial misconduct hearing if that ever comes back around. The jury does not need to be dragged into a discussion of who did what to the hard drive, hence the objections yesterday and the questions and answers being stricken. The DT knows they've lost that argument and it will not get the DP off the table or the conviction overturned. So as a final stab at JM they snuck it in to testimony in front of the jury just to make them wonder what that's about. Hopefully no one really noted it and they disregard it like they were told to.

MOO

This is EXACTLy what this defendant wants- for us to turn on the judge.

She hopes someone goes searching for the identity of the secret data analyst and blabs it all over.

She hopes an unsuspecting dismissed juror or active juror slips up and says or does something she can cry foul over.

This is EXACTLY what she was doing to TRAVIS- HER VICTIM. Causing girlfriends to turn on him... trying to cause friends to do the same.

No doubt Sherry has made a mess of things. I totally agree. I do not agree, however, with falling directly into the hands of a manipulative psychopath or her band of merry thieves.

This is EXACTLY the game of the lying, torturing murderer... this is exactly what she is waiting and wanting to happen.

I will NOT give her what she wants.

We court watchers would have NO need to search for the secret data expert’s identity IF JSS did not permit him to testify in secret. The blame for this fiasco rest solely on this judge. And that’s the point. A judge should be impartial and Sherry IMO is not. I feel like JA has 3 lawyers representing her in court, not 2.

Hope you can find AZ lawyer's post. I'd really like to see it.

AZL- it was about having the judge be removed- as in forcibly.

That seems extremely hypothetical :) but again I don't see what difference it would make. Another judge would continue the trial.

Posting trial days list - (hours rounded)

Trial Days – Jodi Arias Retrial – Jurors present
10/21/14 9:30 – 12:15 & 1:45 - 4:30 (4 hrs)
10/22/14 9:45 – 12 & 1:30 – 4:30 (4:45h)
10/23/14 10 – 12 & 1:30 jury sent home (1:45h)
10/27/14 9:45 – 11:50 & 1:30 – 4:15 (4:15h)
10/28/14 9:30 – 12:05 & 1:30 – 4:00 (4:30h)
10/30/14 9:30 – 12:00 & 1:00 – 4:30 pm witness secret (3pm doors still locked) (5:30h)
11/3/14 1:30 – 3:30 (guessing since courtroom closed) (2h)
11/12/14 9:50 – 12:00 & 1:30 – 4:30 (4:45h)
11/13/14 10:15 – 11:50 & 1:00 – 4:00 (4h)
11/17/14 9:45 – 11:50 & 1:30 – 2:50 Emergent situation closed court end of day (3h)
11/24/14 10:00 – 12:00 & 1:30 – 4:30 (4:30h)
11/25/14 10:00 – 12:05 & 1:30 – 3:45 (3:45h)
12/2/14 9:45 – 12:00 & 1:30 – 4:15 (4:30h)
Jurors present 51:15 hrs in 8 weeks of trial
12/15/14 9:50 – 10:50, 11:06 – 11:58 & 1:32 – 2:58, 3:22 – 4:27 (4:30h) Day 15 Dr.Geffner
12/16/14 10:44 – 11:58 & 1:38 – 3:02, 3:22 – 4:26 (4:45h) Day 16 Dr. Geffner
12/17/14 9:43 – 10:39 & 10:55-12:00, 1:42 – 3:02, 3:23 –5:16 (4:15h) (13:20 this week)
(JSS announce until 5:15 today & 9 tomorrow start time)
12/18/14 (9am start) 9:26 – 10:28 & 10:42 – 12:00 (Jury leaves but JM questions Geffner) 1:15 - 2:25 & 2:40 – 3:40 & 3:55 – 4:30 (4:15h)
Jurors present 69 hrs in 9 weeks of trial (more than ¼ total hours happened this week!)
1/5/2015 9am start but jurors sent home @ 9:30 without entering (hearing @ 4 re: KN motion to Supreme court filed today on secret witness testimony. (Geffner not present) Hearing scheduled 8:30 on 1/8 or 1/9 depending on Bodney schedule
1/8/2015 9:30 – 11:00 & 1:45 - 4:30 Pseudonym/John Smith – Computer expert (4hr)

That is NOT what I said- at all. What a drag. I was speaking of us- fellow court watchers and jurors. You don't have to agree with me, but you also don't need to misrepresent what I wrote.

oh....ok....my bad. Thought JA and her posse lodged prosecutorial misconduct charges against JM and that JA and Nurmi, especially, have been desperately trying to prove that TA was a pedophile. If those things are NOT what JA wants.....then, sorry. I see it quite differently.
If your post is just addressing "turning on the judge" and outing a witness....I still, respectfully, disagree. JA wants WAY more than that.

So is the transcript delay because JSS realised at the last minute that all her saucy secret sidebars are in there, and have to all be carefully redacted first?

:seeya: AZLawyer,

Referring to NP's post below : Is this a possibility ?

Regardless of any subsequent motions, striking testimony, etc., JSS still has to release the Transcript, correct ?

:tyou:

Would anyone like to bet that in the meantime she strikes the unfinished 'secret' testimony on the grounds that Arias refuses to continue and/or the CA ruled it unconstitutional - thus, negating the release of the transcript, and preventing Juan from crossing?

You show me someone who says teen *advertiser censored* isn't child *advertiser censored* and I'll show you someone who likes teen *advertiser censored*.

Juan is objecting over and over. He does NOT want jury 2 find truth about TA's internet searches.

Juan is freaking out on #jodiarias witness--red face, yelling, bobbing and weaving. The usual. Witness remaining #coolcollected.

These are the latest and greatest words of the infamous JA on twit. from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn