Discussion of the Transcriptions of the Testimony of Jodi Arias

but she talked in her super secret sexy small voice so the jury couldn't possibly think that she actually killed Travis, except that she did kill Travis, and looks are deceiving and beauty is fleeting and we are witnessing the fleeting beauty leave Jodi every time we see a new pic of her. She can't say she is sorry for KILLING Travis because she isn't, but also because she was defending herself remember? So if she says she is sorry for killing him, her defense is out the window. It's out the window anyway, and it's on a revolving door scale, but pft. whatever.

It would be classic Jodi if she did these two things:
a) Arranged to be in the witness chair before the jury came in - you know, so they wouldn't see her stun belt and all.
b) Arranged to replace that chair with one about 6" off the floor so she appears to be about the size of an elf to the jury.

So is she really throwing Darryl Brewer under the bus? For reals? Oh Darryl, you should testify for the state, buddy.

Based only on Part 1, the DT did a good job imo making JA seem as normal as feasibly possible - mention of friends throughout her life, long term love interests, getting better jobs as years passed, etc. Haven't read Part 2, but there's no way to gloss over the terrible effect JA had on Travis' life from the moment they met and steadily increasing to the moment she viciously killed him. I don't know how JM will be able to present the last year of their relationship in all its horror without JA on the stand.

Hmmm taking college classes but doesn't have a diploma or GED. How does that work?

Based only on Part 1, the DT did a good job imo making JA seem as normal as feasibly possible - mention of friends throughout her life, long term love interests, getting better jobs as years passed, etc. Haven't read Park 2, but there's no way to gloss over the terrible effect JA had on Travis' life from the moment they met and steadily increasing to the moment she viciously killed him. I don't know how JM will be able to present the last year of their relationship in all its horror without JA on the stand.

That could backfire though. Where are all these friends testifying on her behalf when her life is on the line?

Oh I forgot. They're too skeert to help save their dear friend's life.

Here you guys are. I had a hard time finding this new thread because, well this is going to sound really trivial, and it's going to reveal how shallow I am. But before I came to a brand NEW THREAD, I had to clean myself up a little bit. :smile:

Lol. That's not shallow, Dmacky! I left work early so I could read these transcripts and felt somewhat shallow for doing so. (I mean, c'mon--is the princess more important than my work?) But, walking home, I realized that what I most wanted to read were the bon mots of people here more than the actual testimony. (Oops, sorry, that's testi-whoa-is-me.)

So is she really throwing Darryl Brewer under the bus? For reals? Oh Darryl, you should testify for the state, buddy.

All of the defense witnesses ultimately will do a great job for the State—if JM ever gets to cross examine them.

It just seems odd that there won't be something different in the transcripts considering how upset Jodi was that they are being released.

I suspect it's not so much what's in the transcripts as the part this interrupted testimony was to play in the DT's Master Plan. Maybe that's what she was so upset about. Just speculating, though.

Does she hope the jury will infer that her mom got high during gestation and she suffered some damage,a neurological disorder akin to fetal alcohol syndrome and this contributes to her inability to determine right from wrong? She certainly dropped that little gem trying to imply SOMETHING she wants the jury to infer. The problem is they are not going to try to connect ANY dots for her. They just are not invested in her enough to want to. If anything this dropping mom and pop in the grease is going to make the jury hate her even more imo.

Being the psychopath that she is ....she just doesn't know how to fake normalcy even when she is trying to hoodwink the jury with her lies. Someone said she has a sexy voice. Gah, I respectfully disagree. Her voice in court is lacking emotions and gives me the creeps. To me she has a very flat monotone voice even when pretending to be remorseful. She cant even pull that off either and she doesn't have her long hair to hide her fake tears this time. She has no clue what it means to be truly remorseful for anything she has done much less slaughtering Travis. Arias' answer to everything in her life is its always someone else's fault. She may as well throw back her head and laugh that demonic laugh of hers that she did while she was in the interrogation room and let the real Arias come out again.

She relates the 'spoon' story again and when she reveals the deal about the 'pot' she says her mom smoked it on the day she was born. It comes across as unbelievable because it is, imo. By the way she testified the jury could think her mom only smoked pot once and that was the day she was born. Maybe her mom sensed she was giving birth to a bad seed. LOL!

Frankly, I don't believe any of it and its just as boring as I thought it would be. I am even more puzzled that ever before why JSS thought all this rerun should be secretive. It makes no sense. She didn't mind one bit lying for 18 days in the initial trial or getting up strutting her stuff when she did her power point presentation as the media and public looked on.

How she manipulated JSS into going this route is absolutely mind boggling. How in the world did JSS think this was a good idea? I really think now JSS didn't think the media would go to the appeal court about all the unconstitutional secrecy she gave to Arias and would just accept her silly ruling.

IMO

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 1m1 minute ago
Willmott: "Were you romantically involved with Daryl Brewer?" #JodiArias: "We were involved. We just went to our own rooms. Our own space."

That's so transparently evasive it's laughable. She sure does have a high opinion of her ability to lie successfully--and a low opinion of the intelligence of her audience.

I just said she was using her super secret sexy voice. I don't think her voice is sexy, but I think she is trying to come across to this jury as a meek, mild mannered delicate flower of sorts. She's not, but that is what she is "trying" but failing to portray. At least I hope she was failing, but until the jury decides her sentence we can't be sure.

Based only on Part 1, the DT did a good job imo making JA seem as normal as feasibly possible - mention of friends throughout her life, long term love interests, getting better jobs as years passed, etc. Haven't read Part 2, but there's no way to gloss over the terrible effect JA had on Travis' life from the moment they met and steadily increasing to the moment she viciously killed him. I don't know how JM will be able to present the last year of their relationship in all its horror without JA on the stand.

The questions may have been normal but her responses were off, imo. She answers one thing and then answers another question that contradicts her other answers. I don't even think she realizes how easily anyone can pick up on her lies. It has been said that pathological liars definitely believe that everyone will believe the lies they tell.

And her relationship with Brewer is odd to me. Didn't she say they had their own bedrooms but had a sexual relationship?

I was scanning it quickly since most of it was just re-run material we had already heard so I could have missed something though.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 31s31 seconds ago
#jodiarias admits her intention with visiting Ryan Burns after killing Travis was to act normal - and make it seem she’d never been to AZ

She thinks that's acting normal???

I forgot these were being released today. I'm almost done with the first set. Snooze-fest. I did have to laugh at the following:

JM: Objection. Lack of foundation. Who is this boss she is talking about?
JW: I will get to that when I get to that.

I can almost hear her snotty, whiney tone.

I just said she was using her super secret sexy voice. I don't think her voice is sexy, but I think she is trying to come across to this jury as a meek, mild mannered delicate flower of sorts. She's not, but that is what she is "trying" but failing to portray. At least I hope she was failing, but until the jury decides her sentence we can't be sure.

I understand now, sorry.:)

I actually think her responses are pretty much like in the first trial and she comes across like she is having a board meeting with the jurors or is trying to pretend she is like Dr. DeMarte when answering questions. Direct without emotion.

JMO though

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 35s35 seconds ago
Why she sent TA's grandma flowers...
#JodiArias: I see now how insensitive that was but at the time, I felt if I did nothing it'd be worse

Is that supposed to be a show of remorse? The second half of the statement showing nothing but concern for herself only serves to negate the first half about her "insensitivity."

I've finished the second set. It is all about trashing Travis and making her the victim. The testimony is almost a clone of the testimony she gave on the stand for the guilt phase. The sidebar is the most interesting when the COA stay is discussed. Basically, Nurmi dug in his heels and positively refused to move with the trial because she would not take the stand and because he didn't want witnesses out of order. Juan argues judge can direct DT to put another witness on and Nurmi categorically refuses. Juan also argues that the testimony can be stricken and the trial move on.

Also the judge wasn't certain how to interpret the stay order at all and the direction to unseal testimony.

:dunno: Skimmed through this drivel. The only parts even remotely interesting for me were the sidebars and the last few pages from Nov 3rd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back