Found Deceased FL - Tammy Alexander, 16, Brooksville, 8 Nov 1979

Like Roselvr, I am back and forth on this. The big source of doubt lies in her height. Tammy's half-sister says she was relatively tall - about 5'5" to 5'6". Tammy's friend says she was "short". But then again, Tammy's friend is very tall, so Tammy would be short relative to her friend.

Cali is listed as only 5'3".

Was Tammy's half-sister younger? Is it possible that in the perspective of someone younger she appeared taller? Especially if she idolized her. Or if tammy wore shoes with heels when they met? I guess I don't know how close they were growing up...That might help.

Was Tammy's half-sister younger? Is it possible that in the perspective of someone younger she appeared taller? Especially if she idolized her. Or if tammy wore shoes with heels when they met? I guess I don't know how close they were growing up...That might help.

Tammy's half sister is younger. She remembers Tammy as being taller than their mother. Thier mother was 5'4", and she remembers Tammy as being at least a couple inches taller. We have all seen cases where the height as listed is off, so I agree with CarlK on this one, we are going to have to wait for the DNA.

Why was Tammy just listed? Excited about the possibility the Cali case may be solved!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why was Tammy just listed? Excited about the possibility the Cali case may be solved!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Her friend just learned she was missing then sprang into action getting her listed

WOW this is actually the first time I think a post mortem REALLY looks like a possible match!! caledonia jane doe really looks like young Tammy! hope her family gets the answers they seek and this is a match!

Thank you! Will have SSA see if she can find anything out

Thanks Roselvr... I messaged Carl and told him because I am a weirdo and have been checking her NamUs page everyday.

Thanks Roselvr... I messaged Carl and told him because I am a weirdo and have been checking her NamUs page everyday.

She would be the one to make contact but had appointments today; not answering FB Pm's or texts so hopefully she'll be around soon. She always checks in with me when she gets home. Soon as I hear, everyone will hear

I've read through these threads a while back... However, it took a while to finally get access to comment. Tammy Jo Alexander, disappeared on or after her 16th birthday November 2nd, 1979. She was seen by family on her 16th birthday, but not after. Yes, she did have reason to runaway, and yes she was reported missing 35 years ago (they just refused to do anything then because as she was a runaway, a frequent runaway). No, she wasn't a prostitute... However, she had talked about that being an option to get away. Little more is known, but her sister and cousin have shared everything they could possibly remember or obtain to be useful when she gave her DNA for comparison. We have looked for Tammy several times over the years, just not this way. Personally in every phone book, all over the internet, when MySpace came out, then Facebook. I'd even looked in the obituaries, but never considered this... Thankful that this was brought to our attention, but honestly we mostly looked for her as if she were alive (though naive I know, it's difficult to consider until it's smack dab right in your face). Now we wait to see what we can find out, and pray for answers no matter how good or bad they are. Also Tammy's sister (maternal, I am not sure if she had sibling in regards to her fathers family as I did not know him or his side of her family) was older but only by close to two years and they did grow up together, but her sister married young (again reasons to leave).

I've read through these threads a while back... However, it took a while to finally get access to comment. Tammy Jo Alexander, disappeared on or after her 16th birthday November 2nd, 1979. She was seen by family on her 16th birthday, but not after. Yes, she did have reason to runaway, and yes she was reported missing 35 years ago (they just refused to do anything then because as she was a runaway, a frequent runaway). No, she wasn't a prostitute... However, she had talked about that being an option to get away. Little more is known, but her sister and cousin have shared everything they could possibly remember or obtain to be useful when she gave her DNA for comparison. We have looked for Tammy several times over the years, just not this way. Personally in every phone book, all over the internet, when MySpace came out, then Facebook. I'd even looked in the obituaries, but never considered this... Thankful that this was brought to our attention, but honestly we mostly looked for her as if she were alive (though naive I know, it's difficult to consider until it's smack dab right in your face). Now we wait to see what we can find out, and pray for answers no matter how good or bad they are. Also Tammy's sister (maternal, I am not sure if she had sibling in regards to her fathers family as I did not know him or his side of her family) was older but only by close to two years and they did grow up together, but her sister married young (again reasons to leave).

Hi HP@82, and welcome to Websleuths.

If, as you say, she was last seen on her 16th birthday, that puts her Date of Last Contact only 6 days prior to Caledonia Jane Doe's death.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all of Tammy's family while we wait for results.

Thank you so much for joining us HP; sorry it was so hard to do. You know where to find Still Seek Answers & I ; if there's anything your family needs, please let us know.
attachment.php

This is what I added to Tammy's note; on both Never Forget Me & 1979 Caledonia NY Jane Doe Unidentified Teen The 1st part came straight from her sister

I would like to clear up some misinformation; Tammy's sister was a child when Tammy went missing. As far as her entire family knows her mother and step father did report her missing; had even given them updates as to what was going on. She has always thought Tammy was reported missing. It is possible that Tammy's file was purged way back when like Michelle Knight from Ohio who was Ariel Castro's victim.

Please say a prayer for Tammy's sister as she awaits the results of the DNA comparison. Hopefully it will not take much longer. She's eager to find out if her sister has been found or not. We also need to keep in mind this is a murder investigation; so we could be in the dark until they dot their I's and cross their T's.

Hi HP@82, and welcome to Websleuths.

If, as you say, she was last seen on her 16th birthday, that puts her Date of Last Contact only 6 days prior to Caledonia Jane Doe's death.
Yes, I've read a lot about Caledonia Jane Doe as of recent. Looked at the postmortem photos, YouTube videos, and read the story. Even some of the past post here. And just like many of you, I wait ever so impatiently. Only, though I want answers and would love for Caledonia Jane Doe to have a name, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we could recieve a more positive outcome. Though when you seek answers you seek them knowing that you may not always get the answer you want.

Yes, I've read the Never Forget Me FB page, I actually messaged you or the administrator of that page the other night. It's sad that page is needed, but it is nicely ran, in good taste for those going through this. Specially just starting out, years behind in their search.

Yes, I've read the Never Forget Me FB page, I actually messaged you or the administrator of that page the other night. It's sad that page is needed, but it is nicely ran, in good taste for those going through this. Specially just starting out, years behind in their search.

I kind of thought you were the one that messaged. You were speaking to SSA. I've been busy with the Grateful Doe case as I have followed it; wrote the post to Jason's mom the day you were there. We've had a lot of people replying; have been busy removing comments in addition to thanking them. My heart goes out to you & your family; I know it's especially hard since the comparison is taking so long. Welcome to WS; sorry it is under these circumstances. Cali is like a sister to me; I do not work many Doe cases; I like to focus my attention on just a few. Tammy reminds me of a friend I used to have in NJ until she moved to Rotunda West FL. I had a top similar to the one Tammy is wearing in her school photo.

Sending hugs & prayers that we hear something within the next few days. I can't even imagine the stress your family is under. I'm very thankful that you all have not been the target of articles like Grateful Doe & Jason Callahan's mother is. As you see; SSA & I handle things a lot differently then that was. ~Hugs

Thank you for the kind words. I too have a sister long missing (1972) and Roselvr and I try to handle every case on that page the same as if it was my sisters case. We have said from the first day that this story has no way of having a happy ending. Yes, Cali might finally get a name, but that name would come at the loss of a beloved family member to a family, simply put there is no win here. However, you are in our thoughts and in our prayers as you wait out what I know is a heartbreaking wait. If there is anything we can do to make this easier, please do not hesitate to message our page. Both Roselvr or I will do all in our power to make this wait as easy for you as we possibly can. If you ever just need to talk, message the page and I will send you my number. Sometimes, just having someone to listen who understands can be a huge comfort.

I kind of thought you were the one that messaged. You were speaking to SSA. I've been busy with the Grateful Doe case as I have followed it; wrote the post to Jason's mom the day you were there. We've had a lot of people replying; have been busy removing comments in addition to thanking them. My heart goes out to you & your family; I know it's especially hard since the comparison is taking so long. Welcome to WS; sorry it is under these circumstances. Cali is like a sister to me; I do not work many Doe cases; I like to focus my attention on just a few. Tammy reminds me of a friend I used to have in NJ until she moved to Rotunda West FL. I had a top similar to the one Tammy is wearing in her school photo.

Sending hugs & prayers that we hear something within the next few days. I can't even imagine the stress your family is under. I'm very thankful that you all have not been the target of articles like Grateful Doe & Jason Callahan's mother is. As you see; SSA & I handle things a lot differently then that was. ~Hugs

Yes, you guys do a very nice job on your page!!!! Keeping awareness of these people alive and being respectful at the same time. I have read some of the things that Jason Callahan's mother has had to endure, and I am appalled to say the least! Because some of the things I have read in regards to Tammy have frustrated me. People just don't realize that everyone doesn't have the same situation, nor do they get the same help from the police when they request help. However, it is nice to see all the people that have defended her. I mean he was an adult, and he was living a lifestyle that would make it difficult to report him truly missing. However, I know that people put their heart and soul into these Does and I think it is great! It wasn't until Caledonia Jane Doe was brought to our attention that I even knew that this much information was available... I was shocked to find all the postmortem photos just right their for anyone to see. After watching her video I spent hours upon hours watching those videos, had myself all freaked out before my friends and I embarked on a girls trip!

Anyway, thanks again! Continue to wait we will! Have a good one!

Anything yet?

No; nothing yet. Everyone can be rest assured that Carl, SSA & I have all the bases covered. Carl will update both the Cali & Tammy threads here; SSA & I will go to the 2 FB pages, Never Forget Me & Cali's FB page

Yes, you guys do a very nice job on your page!!!! Keeping awareness of these people alive and being respectful at the same time. I have read some of the things that Jason Callahan's mother has had to endure, and I am appalled to say the least! Because some of the things I have read in regards to Tammy have frustrated me. People just don't realize that everyone doesn't have the same situation, nor do they get the same help from the police when they request help. However, it is nice to see all the people that have defended her. I mean he was an adult, and he was living a lifestyle that would make it difficult to report him truly missing. However, I know that people put their heart and soul into these Does and I think it is great! It wasn't until Caledonia Jane Doe was brought to our attention that I even knew that this much information was available... I was shocked to find all the postmortem photos just right their for anyone to see. After watching her video I spent hours upon hours watching those videos, had myself all freaked out before my friends and I embarked on a girls trip!

Anyway, thanks again! Continue to wait we will! Have a good one!

Thank you! That means a lot coming from you! We try to only post PM photos that look like the person is sleeping. Do not want to add gory ones. I think that the ones I've seen of Cali look just like that. We had someone come to her FB page wanting them removed which I am adamant about leaving them up because I felt that the front facing ones were really horrible; they make her nose look like a pigs when that is not what I see from the side shots. Her nose looks similar to mine. I think it's because of the horrible recons that she has not been identified years ago. Major Burgess says this one looks the most like Cali

attachment.php
attachment.php

Personally, I don't think Cali's postmortem photos are all that bad... Considering the back story! Do you know how many times I looked at those photos before I could tell where she had been shot?!?! Then again, my background may have a little bit to do with my tolerance to that. I've done a lot of postmortem care in my day, non-trauma of course, but postmortem none the less... I'm a nurse, even had the ability to stand in on an autopsy while working at the VA during nursing school. Now I must say... That was not easy!
And it isn't like you guys have the photos for anything other than to educate and introduce and find someone that may recognize her. Otherwise, how else would anyone think it was their loved one... Because the drawings and sketches rarely do the job. Again... I think you do it all in good taste considering the circumstances you're working with. Honestly, I've learned a lot. I always wondered what happened to unclaimed bodies, and my guess is Cali's situation is probably not always what happens. The photos of her grave are beautiful for what they are! Sadly, there are many that don't get graves like hers when they are known by family and friends, some end up as ashes in the backs of closets because people just don't know what to do or don't have the funds to do what they'd like to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back