GUILTY WA - Six Anderson family members slain in Carnation home, 24 Dec 2007

I wonder if his defence will be related to drug abuse or insanity, when it happened I did read articles which said they both used meth so that may be one argument his defence team will use. They will also cast Michelle as the instigator and it was she who manipulated him to do the murders.

I read both of the initial statements they made to police and they are chilling, I think they are equally culpable of these horrific crimes.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today...sed-of-killing-6-family-members-in-carnation/

Opening statements began Tuesday morning in the trial of Joseph McEnroe, accused of killing six members of his ex-girlfriend’s family on Christmas Eve 2007 in Carnation. If convicted by the King County Superior Court jury, McEnroe faces a possible death penalty...

The slayings were motivated by money, family strife and a concern over leaving behind witnesses, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.

don't think it is being televised, not much media interest considering the crime and the number of victims

don't think it is being televised, not much media interest considering the crime and the number of victims

There are currently two death penalty cases going on. There also is a cop killer on trial as well.

I'm also thinking most people forgot or thought this case was over. Jmo

seems there is a livestream on the local Fox station, but it does not work for me, defence will be the crimes were not premeditated and McEnroe had a bad upbringing and life and he bought into Michelle's paranoia and delusions,

Q13FoxNews is where I saw a link to livestreaming on twitter

He is much changed in appearance since his arrest, short hair, has put on weight (as many in prison do) and the defence has decided to not have him dressed in a suit but in a shirt and trousers,

must be so hard for the remaining family members, and for a mother to have to testify in a trial about the murder of her daughter, son in law and grandchildren must have been horrendous, the suffering of the families has been going on for years and now they will have to endure two long trials,

it is so poignant that it happened on Christmas Eve as the family was preparing to have a celebratory meal together and as Michelles mother was wrapping up presents, Michelles mother had bought her a Christmas present belying Michelles tales that she was always left out of the family,

The details are too gruesome; I wish I could unread.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Prosecutor-Man-killed-child-in-mother-s-arms-6027715.php

“In the final furious moments of her life, Erica looked into the eyes of the man who was killing her family … and said, ‘You don’t have to do this,’” O’Toole said during opening statements...

Addressing the jury, public defender Leo Hamaji described McEnroe as operating under Michele Anderson’s control. “Michele infected Joe with her paranoid world view,” Hamaji told the jury.

So strong was her influence over him, Hamaji continued, that McEnroe couldn’t resist her the day of the killings. Hamaji claimed his client, unlike Anderson, didn’t plan to kill.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2015/01/21/carnation-murders/22133511/

Thiele had no idea what awaited her when she pushed open the front door. "I saw a man lying on the floor. I thought it was carbon monoxide poisoning," she said during testimony Wednesday. "Then I saw he had been shot in the face"...

Thiele doesn't own a cell phone, so she found the family's landline and called 911. The call, introduced as evidence in the murder trial of Joseph McEnroe on Wednesday, was chilling. "There's a baby, a man and a woman. And she's my best friend," she cried...

The dispatcher didn't want Thiele to contaminate the crime scene by touching anything, so she told her to stay put inside the house. It was something much more easily said than done, considering Thiele had no idea whether the killers were still on the property... But Thiele did as she was told -- for 32 agonizing minutes -- until police arrived.

seems that people who knew the family were aware of friction between Michelle and her family, the woman who found the bodies and called 911 said the daughter my have done it whilst she was at the scene waiting for LE to arrive, Linda Thiele was best friends with Judy Anderson Michelles mother and she went to the home as Judy had not turned up for work and this was very unusual,

seems there wasn't any court on Thursday, can't see any tweets or updates

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2015/01/testimony-in-monfort-mcenroe-trials-to-resume-monday/

When testimony in McEnroe’s trial resumes Monday, jurors will hear from police and first-responders who went to the home where six members of a family were fatally shot on Christmas Eve 2007...

King County Medical Examiner Richard Harruff, who examined the victims, and sheriff’s Detective Jake Pavolich, who interviewed McEnroe at length, are not expected to take the stand until the week of Feb. 15, O’Toole said.

During his opening statement on Tuesday, O’Toole said that McEnroe repeatedly told Pavolich that he didn’t have any role in the slayings and that he and his then-girlfriend, Michele Anderson, were on their way to Las Vegas to get married when they were confronted by deputies near the murder scene on Dec. 27, 2007. It was only after Pavolich told McEnroe that Michele Anderson confessed to the killings that McEnroe told him what he did, O’Toole said.

wonder what is happening with the trial seems no court again today

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back