Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. If the DT was questioning me about Travis having other sex partners, I would immediately think they were asking if I was familiar with other people beside myself. Thinking that they knew of someone that was sleeping with him that I also knew and would get very upset about.

I bet it was something just like that and she answered honestly and didnt think the question pertained to her having sex but if she knew of anybody else Travis was having sex with.

But more importantly, Deanna wasn't even having sex with TA in 2008. So even if they asked who was TA having sex with, besides JA? She still wouldn't have been included.

Beth Karas said Deanna will be back at 1:30 tomorrow.
She also said she wished we could have seen the back and forth between Deanna and JW. Lol.

No we didn't get to. Thanks JSS. Your rulings throughout this whole thing have been fun. NOT.

Its okay that ALV, Fonseca, RS, RG and their ilk can talk to JM like he is dirt. But you get a strong, sweet young lady telling the truth to the defense lawyer and she gets admonished by JSS. Something isn't right in that courtroom!

The way I see it the jury could read this one of two ways:

Deanna is hiding something

Or

The defense is.

Asking for an audio though sounds like a doubling down though. If she was hiding something she wouldn't be asking for even better verification of what she said. Shows she must feel pretty good about it. If Juan coached her here I wonder what the strategy is?

Of course the judge calls recess. Right when Willmott is so deep in the weeds with the witness, the judge comes along and gives her a GPS and flashlight to help her out. :gaah:

How many times has Judge Sherry pulled this? And always when the defense is falling face-first...

As soon as I heard them make that insinuation I knew it must have been taken out of context. And it really was. Deanna should just answer the question and say yes I said this but you didn't ask me if I ever had sex with Travis. This is a different question.

No....she should demand the audio. Which she did.

Beth put a side note on her feed that Willmot messed up with the snark at Deanna. Says Diana is very sweet, and JW can't get away with doing a Juan. lol

You have a client that is an abusive high school drop out that hasn't really done anything with her life, but live with a few guys, and murder a man that was good to her, and then you a witness that has given of her time and life to help others and still is, and you ask if she can read? women don't like that crap.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 32s 33 seconds ago
Willmott- "Would it surprise you Jodi wasn't the only one TA had sex with"

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 40s41 seconds ago
The page refers to Reid's answer when asked if she were aware if TA was having sex with other women. #jodiarias

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 20s21 seconds ago
Deanna's answer was, 'I don't know" #jodiarias

Here are the tweets from that time when Willmott was reading from the transcript herself even though Deanna did not want to answer questions based on the transcript.

Like I said...according to this, Deanna's answer was "I don't know" on what question? Did the transcript say...

JW- "Would it surprise you Jodi wasn't the only one TA had sex with"

DR- "I don't know"

Is that how they came to the conclusion that Deanna did not admit to having sex with TA in that first interview? And was Deanna cut off in her answer so the transcriber only typed "I don't know" because that's all she said before getting cut off and moving on to another question?

If that is what happened, I don't blame Deanna for requesting the audio to put some context into the questioning and her answer.

MOO

Of course the judge calls recess. Right when Willmott is so deep in the weeds with the witness, the judge comes along and gives her a GPS and flashlight to help her out. :gaah:

I am neutral on the JSS debate, but did she suggest to or remind Nurmi about supplementing another motion for mistrial because of prosecutor misconduct?

Deanna is wayyyy smarter than Jodi ever thought about being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a client that is an abusive high school drop out that hasn't really done anything with her life, but live with a few guys, and murder a man that was good to her, and then you a witness that has given of her time and life to help others and still is, and you ask if she can read? women don't like that crap.

And the DT has already put a worthless affidavit out there, accusing Deanna of taking part in an altercation with Travis in the Bishops living room. She knew that they KNEW it was bogus. They knew she was out of the country. But they put it into evidence anyway.

So they false accuse her of some BS that never happened, then insult her when she says she does not trust their new accusations either. They just look bad.

Jodi's waitressing days give me horrid thoughts. I wonder how many customers who "bothered" her for something extra or actually had a legit complaint had their food spit in. Or worse! I can so see her doing such :scared:

ITA!! I've had some lousy servers in my time and never once have I ever complained to management. I'm wondering how bad a waitress she was that she received not one but two different complaints.

Whether Deanna made her comment to JW on her own, or if it was planned with JM, it's purpose was served (IMO).
Deanna made an impression on the jury, rattled the heck out of JW, and I'm sure it was a satisfying moment for her, man I'll bet it felt good!
I don't think the reprimand was unjust, and I doubt it fazed Deanna a bit. She knows she's not supposed to speak to more than the question. JW's objection wasn't wrong, and it clearly drove her insane, which is awesome.

That reprimand? SO WORTH IT.

Here are the tweets from that time when Willmott was reading from the transcript herself even though Deanna did not want to answer questions based on the transcript.

Like I said...according to this, Deanna's answer was "I don't know" on what question? Did the transcript say...

JW- "Would it surprise you Jodi wasn't the only one TA had sex with"

DR- "I don't know"

Is that how they came to the conclusion that Deanna did not admit to having sex with TA in that first interview? And was Deanna cut off in her answer so the transcriber only typed "I don't know" because that's all she said before getting cut off and moving on to another question?

If that is what happened, I don't blame Deanna for requesting the audio to put some context into the questioning and her answer.

MOO

Exactly. It needs context and tone to make sense.

I am neutral on the JSS debate, but did she suggest to or remind Nurmi about supplementing another motion for mistrial because of prosecutor misconduct?

IIRC she denied his motion immediately but advised him he could submit it in writing for a second consideration.

I know a few men who would be quite offended too. There's a HUGE difference between hesitance and obfuscation. Deanna was hesitant, and rightly so really considering the defense antics...each and every one of the defense witnesses was deliberately combative on cross so they didn't have to give a straight answer. One warrants snark and one doesn't.

I don't think JM is permitted to coach her before her testimony but if she has her own attorney, and I bet she does, he would tell her how to handle these questions. jmo

ITA!! I've had some lousy servers in my time and never once have I ever complained to management. I'm wondering how bad a waitress she was that she received not one but two different complaints.

I have only complained once in my 61 yrs, and that was about a waitress that was downright rude to us. And she added on extra charges to the bill on top of it. And when my hubby asked her about it she said she was too busy to deal with it and to take it up with the manager. So we did. :wink:

Beth Karas said Deanna will be back at 1:30 tomorrow.
She also said she wished we could have seen the back and forth between Deanna and JW. Lol.

No we didn't get to. Thanks JSS. Your rulings throughout this whole thing have been fun. NOT.

Its okay that ALV, Fonseca, RS, RG and their ilk can talk to JM like he is dirt. But you get a strong, sweet young lady telling the truth to the defense lawyer and she gets admonished by JSS. Something isn't right in that courtroom!

:seeya: Nice to see ya, Curious !

BBM: Nothing has ever been "right" in that courtroom, IMO.

And now that Juan is back up, JSS is surely showing her drawers again, IYKWIM !

Oh, and that would be JSS's bias towards the defense !

:moo: and :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member