Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking Swedish Fish might be a good treat for WAT. close to salmon...

I am not sure who was providing them, but he tweets about it often.

Dennis the cameraman seemed to always have a stash of candy to share. hWild typically tweets about his stomach rumbling as it gets near lunchtime, so if you time it right, you could be his new BF.

Actually - there is a collective sigh in the courtroom when Nurmi starts to ask a question and then says, "Let me back up a bit." You can tell everyone is tired of it.

He's slick though (if by slick I mean slimey). Notice how he asks questions with the wrong date or the wrong amount/quantity and the witness will correct him in the answer? He did it to Dr. DeMarte often. She caught it every time. Wilmott did it to Abe when leading him on how many years older than JA he was.

Or, the witness will answer something with an amount like "24" and Nurmi will then say something like, "Okay, so there were 26 blah blah blah, wait, let me back up..."

Is this a good tactic AZLawyer or is the transparency nauseating? Columbo could pull it off. But only Columbo.

AArgh! I've got to get caught up on this case again. Dang, sickness'. :gaah:

No Mr. Nurmi and yes, I understood the question, I'm following you and please don't back up, or state it another way!!!

How did getting a font made up of pic of naked people make you ffffffeeeeeellllll? :D

It is not an extra round. But it may be that they were pointing out that they would have to drag these people back from California or wherever and they were super-busy so it would no doubt extend the trial by a couple of weeks and blah blah blah.

But she really does have to let them do rebuttal. :) And repeating what's already been said is basically the point of rebuttal, e.g.:

JW: Good morning.

Dr. Hired Gunn (hypothetical witness name, no connection to any actual witness): Good morning.

JW: Do you recall, Dr. Gunn, when you were here last, you testified blah blah blah?

Dr. Gunn: I do.

JW: In your absence, some upstart sat here and said halb halb halb, which is the exact opposite of what you said, would you agree?

Dr. Gunn: Indeed.

JW: And she said the reason for her opinion was XYZ, plus common sense and evidence. Now that you have heard that information, have you changed your opinion?

Dr. Gunn: No, I am not paid to change my opinion.

JW: kthxbai

That's too funny, AZl!

I only wish JW's attempt at rebuttal could be that simple. I think it's a safe guess that she will drag out questioning a lot longer, asking a slew of already-asked-and-answered questions. IOW, taking her rebuttal witness(es) down the same path she led them down before ad nauseaum. Things like getting him to insist he is a great test-giver and the upstart cannot measure up because she is not yet old as the hills, etc.

Or am I being too much of a pessimist again?

kthxbai!

Re: the texts : I haven't been able to keep up today, so have probably missed something... that said, I just don't understand why the information from the actual origination of these texts was not, or could not be disclosed. How could they not know or have this information ? IOW, If it came from Travis' phone, could that not be tracked ? If it did not come from Travis' phone, could that not be credibly discerned ? This is just beyond me, I truly thought this was all traceable information. How, what, why ? So if anyone here can explain it to me I would be eternally grateful. TIA

Actually - there is a collective sigh in the courtroom when Nurmi starts to ask a question and then says, "Let me back up a bit." You can tell everyone is tired of it.

He's slick though (if by slick I mean slimey). Notice how he asks questions with the wrong date or the wrong amount/quantity and the witness will correct him in the answer? He did it to Dr. DeMarte often. She caught it every time. Wilmott did it to Abe when leading him on how many years older than JA he was.

Or, the witness will answer something with an amount like "24" and Nurmi will then say something like, "Okay, so there were 26 blah blah blah, wait, let me back up..."

Is this a good tactic AZLawyer or is the transparency nauseating? Columbo could pull it off. But only Columbo.

It could be a good tactic if there were some point to be made about the discrepancy.

YES! Why do they do that? What's the end game?

Absolutely!

By the way, that same woman who ran out of the jail when the guards took the magazines is the same woman who ran out of the court room whenever Juan pulled the magazine codes out.

Just kind of funny.

I din't know that, you are right that is funny. Do you think she thought he was going to point her out? LOL

Ok before this thread closes - I've come to know about 5 regular trial watchers. One of them was the woman who asked me to move my first day in court because my perfume was too strong (it was hand lotion for the record). I will call her MA. But I apologized to her the next day and we started talking. MA is the one who got in trouble with MDLR and the DT yesterday. I can tell you she is a colorful person, but she would not have "taunted" Maria. Her voice can be heard and has bursts of party girl attitude, but I didn't believe the reports I'd heard based on what I know thus far.

The ladies from Louisiana confirmed to me today that they were chatting about where to have lunch yesterday, and when they said Mexican food, MA burst into song and dance to La Cucaracha. I guess MDLR had already passed by exiting the courthouse but was within earshot. It was Troy from a local news channel that reported it. The nice lady with the cane was not involved, nor was Paul, yet Nurmi wanted them thrown out of the gallery as well. And yes, Jodi did look back and smile with her duping delight as Nurmi was asking the Judge to have them removed.

TA's family is very kind to these people too, as they appreciate the support and the money that the cane lady raises for them. The press people know them, chat with them during breaks and interview them. They have been there from the beginning - each has his/her own reason for becoming watchers. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and I've enjoyed getting to know them. We talked at length today about many things.

I think they are good people. I think it just really irks JA that she doesn't have any fans.

Are salmon and coral close to being the same color or should I go shopping?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: The reason WAT always describes everything from pink to purple as salmon...is cause he's a guy and didn't know subtle differences of colors and was called out on such during the first trial by others. His typical response after that was.....anything in that color family was thereafter called salmon!

So glad you may meet him, and so glad that I know that you won't "out him" with a photo on the net....although I hope you get one just for your own scrapbook! :wink:

Ok before this thread closes - I've come to know about 5 regular trial watchers. One of them was the woman who asked me to move my first day in court because my perfume was too strong (it was hand lotion for the record). I will call her MA. But I apologized to her the next day and we started talking. MA is the one who got in trouble with MDLR and the DT yesterday. I can tell you she is a colorful person, but she would not have "taunted" Maria. Her voice can be heard and has bursts of party girl attitude, but I didn't believe the reports I'd heard based on what I know thus far.

The ladies from Louisiana confirmed to me today that they were chatting about where to have lunch yesterday, and when they said Mexican food, MA burst into song and dance to La Cucaracha. I guess MDLR had already passed by exiting the courthouse but was within earshot. It was Troy from a local news channel that reported it. The nice lady with the cane was not involved, nor was Paul, yet Nurmi wanted them thrown out of the gallery as well. And yes, Jodi did look back and smile with her duping delight as Nurmi was asking the Judge to have them removed.

TA's family is very kind to these people too, as they appreciate the support and the money that the cane lady raises for them. The press people know them, chat with them during breaks and interview them. They have been there from the beginning - each has his/her own reason for becoming watchers. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and I've enjoyed getting to know them. We talked at length today about many things.

I think they are good people. I think it just really irks JA that she doesn't have any fans.

Ziggy...we really appreciate your reports. Thank you kindly! :tyou:

So I have a bunch of BK videos to watch and get caught up on. I'm ticked off that I missed DeMarte. I'd be uber ticked if it were televised.

I have to go all the way back to February 2nd. :sigh:

I have problems while the trial is actually moving for once. :banghead:

Oh well, I heard the state rested today so I'm hoping we're close now.

Thank you so much for clearing that up.

Wow...good thing Nurmi didn't overreact or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592