Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ZoeyWatson2014

http://youtu.be/w8o8w5QraIU

Linda Ballard -Boss reading the love poem #TravisAlexander wrote for her

ALL THE BEST by Travis Victor Alexander

"Although we are uncertain as to what you and I will be, I wish you all the best, and through time I guess we`ll see. Although we don`t know what tomorrow brings, of our future we are unaware, I wish you all the best even if tomorrow I am not there. May your life be filled with happiness and may all of your dreams come true. May your heart never be left -- never feel sorrow and may your countenance never be blue."

"May all of your goals be accomplished, in all that you do, you succeed. May your heart never be left wanting and your soul never left in need. May the strength of the Lord be with you, and the holy ghost always be near. May his love burn from within you and radiate to all you hold dear. Why? Because you deserve it. All this and much more too. I wish you all the best, and only all the best will do."

"This is the life that I know you will have. I am certain. I know that you can. This is the life that I pray for me, and so I will finish as I have began. Although we are uncertain as to what you and I will be, I wish you all the best and hope all the best is me."

ON THE DECISION TO CLOSE THE COURTROOM....I FINALLY UNDERSTAND!

“MR. MARTI NEZ: I think what they are asking is that you clear the courtroom of all people, and I don't think that they have met the criteria to seal—

THE COURT: I need to pull out my sheet on this to see what the criteria is.”

Iirc that was very early in the transcript and the last thing I read, because I had to stop at what I deemed the absurdity of the situation. Foolish me imagined that such a pivotal, newsworthy hearing would include the DT having previously filed a motion setting out their wishes with legal citations in support. JSS, having already read their motion, performed any necessary research, consulted her peers to clear up any remaining legal confusion, would be fully prepared to respond quickly and efficiently to arguments from both sides for and against closing the hearing and sealing the transcripts. To avoid being lumped among the JSS "bashers" again, I'll just note that nothing I expected came to pass.

@ZoeyWatson2014

Linda Ballard -Boss reading the love poem #TravisAlexander wrote for her

ALL THE BEST by Travis Victor Alexander

"Although we are uncertain as to what you and I will be, I wish you all the best, and through time I guess we`ll see. Although we don`t know what tomorrow brings, of our future we are unaware, I wish you all the best even if tomorrow I am not there. May your life be filled with happiness and may all of your dreams come true. May your heart never be left -- never feel sorrow and may your countenance never be blue."

"May all of your goals be accomplished, in all that you do, you succeed. May your heart never be left wanting and your soul never left in need. May the strength of the Lord be with you, and the holy ghost always be near. May his love burn from within you and radiate to all you hold dear. Why? Because you deserve it. All this and much more too. I wish you all the best, and only all the best will do."

"This is the life that I know you will have. I am certain. I know that you can. This is the life that I pray for me, and so I will finish as I have began. Although we are uncertain as to what you and I will be, I wish you all the best and hope all the best is me."

I cant get videos to play the past few days.

Does this solve part 1 of the mystery that Travis had bought that ring for Linda as an engagement ring ?
And she must have given it back to him when they broke up?

Hello Amster. Ive been meaning to ask you if you saw my reply to you the other day about the COA reason that answered one of your questions?

I can find the post if you didnt get to see my reply.

Yes, I read it....thanks.

I cant get videos to play the past few days.

Does this solve part 1 of the mystery that Travis had bought that ring for Linda as an engagement ring ?
And she must have given it back to him when they broke up?

Yes , he bought the ring it was not MumMum's. Linda never wore the ring as they were never actually engaged as Travis had hoped. Linda said she adored Travis, he was the sweetest man to her. She was very young, and also did not care for the PPL job he had. He never ever abused her or even raised his voice. It is shocking how lovely and kind Linda, Deanna and Lisa and Marie were compared to Jodi Arias.

I just saw this post on the Sidebar thread and laughed really hard.....so I brought it over here. I had forgotten about reading this in the transcript of the closed in chambers meeting. Jodi thinks she will get Life.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by janx
"...And so given the fact that after trial I will be going to a different facility, a lot more people will have access to me as well."

LOL. Apparently CMJA doesn't believe she'll be going to Death Row.

Doesn't she get put in solitary for a few years anyway even if she gets LWOP?

Yes. Jodi Arias has no realistic information about what her life will truly entail.

Published on May 23, 2013 by
Carl ToersBijns, Former Deputy Warden for AZ
"A brief video and reality check of the journey Jodi Arias is facing as the jury decides her fate ~ Whether she gets a death sentence or life without parole she is doomed for the draconic prison called Perryville where she will likely die as she becomes one of the walking dead in the Arizona desert."

UMMM. for those who believe the May 10th call was not made on May 10. It couldn't have been.

JA asks TA during the call whether or not he's going to visit her before he goes to Cancun. Travis, according to his journals, did not know until May 14 that he was eligible for the trip.

Didn't he find out on April 15 that he qualified? Per his journal?

But I don't see how the book made Juan's job harder.
IMO the book was something else for the DT to use against the Hughes if they testified. My point is that the Hughes could have been the asset to Juan that Deanna was but some of their actions prevented that. I don't doubt their love or regret, I just wish news of a book hand't been released before the end of this trial.

BBM

Is this not one of the tactics used by people who are domestic abusers. I am firmly convinced there was DV in this relationship but JA was NEVER the victim. :(

Yes. And they have a list of "approved" people you can see so if you complain they say things like "What are you talking about? I let you see Munchkin Ears?!!!" Or maybe that's just me.

Maybe she gets postcards from Cancun saying "sure is nice here at the Ritz-Carlton Cancun. Hope you and Large Marge are having fun at Sheriff Joe's County Facility. Hope you die in Perryville asap"...and she considers it a threat
View attachment 69798

LOL on flooding Jodi's inbox with postcards from Cancun, saying "Wish you were here!"

That's a rumor but not the case with everyone. The killer in Arizona that was sentenced in May, and should have received the DP but got LWOP instead is already in general population with a job. Forgot her name. Someone else remember?

Yes. Jodi Arias has no realistic information about what her life will truly entail.

Published on May 23, 2013 by
Carl ToersBijns
"A brief video and reality check of the journey Jodi Arias is facing as the jury decides her fate ~ Whether she gets a death sentence or life without parole she is doomed for the draconic prison called Perryville where she will likely die as she becomes one of the walking dead in the Arizona desert."

Zoey, prisoners are not in solitary that long. It may not be a cake walk but it sure isn't solitary either. And the way Jodi manipulates, she will be in general population in no time.

I don't think Juan not calling them had anything to do with the book. He called Abe and he had a blog and had given several interviews to HLN. The book is also a new thing and he never called them before either. I think it has to do with the issues they had with the defense before, with Gus and with them believing in the pedophile claim after Nurmi lied to them.
I also think it has to do with the awful emails they wrote Travis telling him he was the abusive sociopath for not committing to marry Jodi. Why would Juan want to introduce those, and if he didn't but still called them, perhaps the Defense would point them out. Those emails really make Travis look bad.

According to Jodi Arias protestations to the judge she would be unable to Allocute. This ought to be interesting.

She wlll be going to another facility regardless of the sentence.

Moving day is fast approaching for Jodi! Maybe she'd better pack in time for St. Patrick's Day!!!:happydance::great::dance::cheer:

That ring always nagged at me. Where is it? Did TA get it back? Is JA still gloating cause she has it hidden somewhere? Not major in the big picture but somehow this whole ring incident has just bothered me. :gaah:

BTW was this a ring that TA purchased or was it handed down in the family.
I doubt he got it back. Jodi probably kept it or hocked it. She felt it was her ring. IIRC Travis purchased it for Linda Ballard, whom he planned to propose to. She changed her mind.

I have a bad vibe. It started with Sky Hughes saying they called Jodi Arias, "Deanna" on purpose to "warn her" about TA. Like WTH? Who does that? At this point they had no idea JA was crazy - they were just intruding into TA's relationship and kind of badmouthing their friend and I found it all very weird.

Well, I will say that if anyone had a right to claim Travis "abused" them by dating so long and not committing, it was Deanna (years), not Jodi (months). And even Deanna didn't claim that when she of anyone had the most right to!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny