Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE END IS NEAR. Thank you Jesus. Whatever the sentence Jodi Arias will die in prison. She will never walk free again. Thanks to Juan Martinez Travis' name has been cleared . I don't think there is a person on this earth that believes he was a pedophile. I am at peace with whatever happens now. I want her to get the death penalty, of course.

Here are Tanisha and Steven explaining WHY the family wants the death penalty http://youtu.be/EGdKVAuT7Xk

I wonder who has it for safe keeping for her. Whoever should be sniffed out asked for them to turn it over.

That ring always nagged at me. Where is it? Did TA get it back? Is JA still gloating cause she has it hidden somewhere? Not major in the big picture but somehow this whole ring incident has just bothered me. :gaah:

BTW was this a ring that TA purchased or was it handed down in the family.

Years ago there was a book called Games People Play. Different 'games' people used were defined and named.

One of the most interesting to me was called 'Let's You and Them Fight'. In this tactic, one person would tell two other people conflicting things and then stand back and watch them argue or fight.

JA used this tactic with the Hughes and Travis. She realized they were important to Travis and lied to them. Sky spoke freely with her and asked JA not to say anything to Travis. Then Sky overheard JA telling Travis everything, before Sky got a chance to even talk to Travis. This caused some communication between Sky and Chris and Travis that got heated. All over JA's LIES! No doubt she has been using this tactic most of her adult life, if not earlier.

I think her ultimate goal was to separate Travis from everyone except herself. That way she would be the only one getting his attentions and more importantly, the only one influencing him. That way she could lie without worrying about him finding out.

She is, and will remain, a very destructive person, harming anyone that she comes in contact with for her own benefit and amusement.

I have a bad vibe. It started with Sky Hughes saying they called Jodi Arias, "Deanna" on purpose to "warn her" about TA. Like WTH? Who does that? At this point they had no idea JA was crazy - they were just intruding into TA's relationship and kind of badmouthing their friend and I found it all very weird.

Agree to disagree....she is being applauded and giggle, giggle she put one over on the defense! Gaming the system?

I also agree to disagree and appreciate the discussion...I agree that would be an example of gaming the system, but I disagree that this judge is doing that.

The felon gets away with alot of things because no one asks for proof. Show us the threatening letters, show us the xrays of the finger, there needs to be proof and everyone is afraid to ask for the proof. That makes no sense to me. If the felon or her team makes certain remarks they should beable to back them up, especially to the judge. The judge should ask for proof, set an appointment up for xray fingers, doctors to exam the felons mental issues since they now hinder her ability to testify, have the jail show proof of the threatening letters or postcards since this stuff is supposedly read by the jail. If the letters come to her lawyer, then he needs to show proof. The felon gets away with too much, however, her time is short and soon she will be in prison. A whole different life awaits her and it will not be to her liking. She will be low 'woman' in the ranks.

ITA! Show some proof. Could the court order a court appointed doctor to examine JA's mental state? Or a doctor to x-ray her finger? Is this within the court's authority? I hate how every false claim made by the DT or their experts is just left hanging 'out there' by the court. JM challenges some of those claims but doesn't the court have ultimate authority?

The felon gets away with alot of things because no one asks for proof. Show us the threatening letters, show us the xrays of the finger, there needs to be proof and everyone is afraid to ask for the proof. That makes no sense to me. If the felon or her team makes certain remarks they should beable to back them up, especially to the judge. The judge should ask for proof, set an appointment up for xray fingers, doctors to exam the felons mental issues since they now hinder her ability to testify, have the jail show proof of the threatening letters or postcards since this stuff is supposedly read by the jail. If the letters come to her lawyer, then he needs to show proof. The felon gets away with too much, however, her time is short and soon she will be in prison. A whole different life awaits her and it will not be to her liking. She will be low 'woman' in the ranks.

And I can only hope there is one or more big mean b*t*hes in there waiting to make her THEIR servant. My hope is she will find out what REAL abuse is. I think that maybe some of her fear that is real. She doesn't want the world to hear her testimony ever because people in jail can also find out what she said and when they know she is lying (which is when her lips are moving), they might make her pay for those lies. I know I would be scared just to go to county jail, so I can imagine that it really is scary that she is going to go to big girl prison with some people that are even scarier than she is. But I don't feel sorry for her, because she wouldn't be there if she hadn't decided to murder Travis. I don't have to fear jail if I don't do anything that will land me there.

UMMM. for those who believe the May 10th call was not made on May 10. It couldn't have been.

JA asks TA during the call whether or not he's going to visit her before he goes to Cancun. Travis, according to his journals, did not know until May 14 that he was eligible for the trip.

So, I guess according to Geff, most of us have PTSD if we were disciplined as a child. When the trial videos come out, I don't know if I will be able to stand listening/watching this testimony. :facepalm:

I think I have Norovirus. :sick: In bed for the next couple of days.

Sorry you are feeling ill. Feel better soon! I know for certain I won't be able to stand his testimony-it's been nasty enough just hearing about it.

I agree and I had to laugh at her telling the judge that she is concerned about people having knowledge of what she is saying EVER! She seriously thought that she could have her record and the record of her witnesses sealed FOREVER so that none of us would EVER even know that she testified. WOW! I think she is above Ted Bundy in Narcissism. Oh and I also found it VERY interesting that they say she has not only PTSD but BPD as well. It's right there now in writing but previously she never wanted any sort of mental illness associated with herself.

Yeah, it's very telling in regard to her narcissism. I'm thinking back to the interrogation videos where her dad tells Flores that she was always secretive and would never let them in on the details of her life. Her M.O. seems to be "never let the right hand know what the left hand is doing." That's how she got away with manipulating people all her life.

I thought someone here said the jail goes through the mail that the inmates receive and if she was getting death threats they wouldn't even allow that mail through. I'm not sure if that's true...Does anyone here know for sure? If it is true her complaint isn't even valid and you would think someone would pick up on that. (Judge, JM, even maybe the DT?)

From documentaries I have seen, they examine all mail for contraband and read everything......

This^^^^^ is my main complaint about JSS. I understand completely that a judge needs to be cautious, especially in a DP case. But there is such a thing as overly cautious--even in a DP case!

I do not understand why JSS sees the need to deal with appeal issues during trial. Most judges understand that it is not their job to handle appeals--there are appeals courts for that. Whenever I see this happen the first thing that comes to mind is that the judge is inexperienced and unsure of him/herself.

That's how I see JSS--unsure of herself. She is covering all the possible appeals bases now, in her court, because she lacks the ability to know which issues she should be concerned about and which should be no-brainers. IMO, of course, and I am just fine with those who do not agree with me on this--it's just how I see it. With each passing day I hope JSS will do something that changes my mind but it just doesn't happen! My main gripe in all this is the DT is like a cornered animal that can sense the judge's fear. Now all the DT has to do is whisper the word appeal and the judge caves.

If it is all just judicial strategy, should we expect courts of appeals nationwide to begin overturning verdicts left and right in all cases where judges did not implement this brilliant strategy? Presiding judges actually presiding over courtroom proceedings is the norm, is it not?

What JSS has done and continues to do is an anomaly and while I fully understand why she thinks she has to do it, I question her judgment because it allows this case to drag on and on and on. If she conducts all her cases this way she will seriously gum up the legal process because her cases will take six times longer to complete than they should.

All IMO.

Absolutely
I have been saying for quite some time that a different and more confident judge would have been able to keep this trial from being overturned on Appeal, and yet do it in less than 1/2 half the time and definitely not let the DT get away with all the crap they have been allowed to get away with.

There have been serious damages to Travis reputation and even the Prosecuter's reputation that have been allowed to happen and that was all needless, just because the judge was afraid of appeals. A different judge would have stopped all that and still kept the trial where all future appeals will be denied.

There is a serious price that has been paid for her "scared" technique.

I wonder who has it for safe keeping for her. Whoever should be sniffed out asked for them to turn it over.

Don't think anyone will come forward with any information. Be nice if they could give CMJA truth serum.

UMMM. for those who believe the May 10th call was not made on May 10. It couldn't have been.

JA asks TA during the call whether or not he's going to visit her before he goes to Cancun. Travis, according to his journals, did not know until May 14 that he was eligible for the trip.

BOOYA!

Are we getting that special thread?

Well at least judges in future cases will KNOW that a defendant can't testify in secret just because they are scared. I am thankful for the COA ruling. I was worried that this would cause a precedent for all future defendants and witnesses wanting to testify in secret. I think it should have never had to go to the COA but it did, and now it is settled forevermore.

4/15/08: The good news is I got an email today saying that I qualified for the Cancun trip. I’m very very excited about that. Prepaid has allowed me to have a lot of fun. I’m very fortunate.

Apr 29
4/29/08: The other news is my date w/ Mimi this last Saturday didn’t happen because she was sick. I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and I went and got her an herbal remedy [illegible] ingredients, in a wicker basket with raffia and left it on her porch. She texted me 10 minutes later saying thanks but please don’t be so nice to me. I asked why not she basically said never mind. So I just laid it down. I told her via text I like you, but I don’t know if you like me. So I need to know, so I know if I should ask you out again. I never heard back from her. At church however she came up to me and asked if I got her text. I said no. She said well we need to have a chat. That night we did. She told me she was interested but wasn’t sure how interested. So she wanted to schedule the date again. So time will tell. That’s good news in my opinion. The better news is I asked her to go to Cancun w/me today and she said yes. So barring that she gets work off we are off to Cancun!!! Life is good! Everything is falling into place. Having said that I will close for now. I’m happy.

I have a lot of catching up to do but I have read the secret chamber minutes and just wanted to say that the convicted murderers sidekick seems to always be involved and not in a good way.

The smuggling out of the tracing, the phone call, the witness that was refused into see the convicted murderer, the tweeting and now in the minutes she was present when a cray cray person shows up. Coincidence? I don't think so. JMHO

:maddening: Yeah, the Hughes were so close to Travis that it did not take very much effort on JA's part for them to turn against Travis just when he needed their support and understanding the most. It wasn't enough that JA was turning the guilty screws against Travis, the Hughes had to start turning those screws as well in trying to make him feel guilty for not wanting a serious relationship with JA; and, in fact, (JMO) Travis was starting to sense the truths about JA, enough to become afraid of her motives. The good ole Hughes were right there to assist JA in making Travis feel guilty for wanting to get away from JA.

I don't want to bash the Hughes, I do think in their minds their intentions are good. But it has always rankled a bit that they fell for Nurmi's pedophilia accusations lock, stock & barrel. If an attorney for the person accused of killing my friend came to me with that kind of stuff, I'd be really skeptical, but iirc, Sky immediately bought it, even asking what age group Travis preferred.

IMO the Alexander Family won, Juan Martinez/State won because the felon was convicted of First Degree Murder. The felon will go to prison, no more nice clothes, food, fun times out. The Alexander Family and Juan Martinez/State also have cleared Travis' name of all the crap that the felon tried to say he did. I want her to get the death penalty, it probably will be changed to life just because the laws may change and then all the death penalties will change to life. Getting LWOP would be fine, she is still in prison, and I think she will have a very hard time dealing with that life and the other inmates. She will not be top dog.

Hi! Don't you all think she really put a noose around her neck because of this. She stated that she doesn't want the public to know ever what she would say in testimony-because of 'threats' to her if she says one thing or another. Then how is she going to allocute? She's going to stand up in front of everyone & they'll hear what she says. So how is that different? Sure, she can't be crossed & still will lie but, she's still going to say things people won't like...
And, she's murderer, why does she think people are supposed to 'like' her? False sense given to her from Jen & MLDR.

Irrespective of JSS's reasoning to close the Court for secret testimony, she "set a precedent" against the First Amendment of the Constitution. IMO, this shows that she did not, or could not, grasp the significance of deciding the matter within an hour.

Just refreshed the page and see that I have missed discussions on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny