Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BK is demonstrating post-anoxic myoclonus status epilepticus. That means intractable seizures following brain damage from prolonged lack of oxygen. That term can be googled for lots of information, but the long and short of it is, while there are a few survivors, there are no "good" outcomes (defined by cerebral performance categories) in people who have had injuries similar to BK.

A few references:

http://criticalcaremedicine.pbworks...g+Postanoxic+myoclonus+status+epilepticus.pdf

http://www.neurology.org/content/72/8/744.abstract

BBM. Unfortunately, from what we know over the past 3 weeks, BK does not appear to have the kind of criteria that would predict survival.

Are you familiar with "Lance Adams Syndrome"?
And do you think that is what could be happening here?

See last section regarding "anoxic brain injury"

http://www.medlink.com/medlinkcontent.asp

“Scary things did happen,” said the insider, who admits to doing heroin and other drugs including Roxycodone, with Brown. According to the friend, the 21-year-old was unconcerned with the possibility of overdose.

“[Nick] would brag that he knows how to do CPR,” the source claimed. “And Krissi would say that he should be a doctor. Like he knows how to bring somebody back [from an overdose].”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/02/bobbi-kristina-brown-drug-den/

Anybody want to lay bets on whether Krissi was told, at least once, that if NG had been there the night WH died things would have been different, he could have saved her?

I think mist people with lance adams syndrome have a high level of consciousness. We can't be sure about BK but I don't recall reports that she has ever been conscious.

IF true, the tabloid stories re seizures tell me that BB is finally facing the hardest decision ever. His hope may be diminished greatly by and at this time, after two apparently unsuccessful attempts to bring Krissi out of the medically-induced coma. I suppose a third time could be attempted...

I send a positive glow to him for strength, and comfort in his decision should he make one soon to let her go. No parent would ever want to be in such a lonely place...the pain is truly unimaginable. :-(

~jmo~

Are you familiar with "Lance Adams Syndrome"?
And do you think that is what could be happening here?

See last section regarding "anoxic brain injury"

http://www.medlink.com/medlinkcontent.asp

I think mist people with lance adams syndrome have a high level of consciousness. We can't be sure about BK but I don't recall reports that she has ever been conscious.

No. I absolutely do not think this is Lance-Adams syndrome.

I think she suffered a very prolonged episode of anoxia due to drowning, followed by cardiorespiratory arrest, followed by a long course of CPR/ ACLS resuscitation. I think her brain is irreversibly, terminally damaged. I think the "best" that can be hoped for is PVS on a ventilator. Because she was able to have her heart resuscitated, and had access to a top notch neuro ICU, she received every possible level of care and treatment-- far more than most non-celebrities would likely receive in similar circumstances. But it's my opinion that she will die relatively soon. I think that support will have to be withdrawn. I'm not a talking head, so I can say that. I'm sorry that's very blunt. I don't mean to sound "cold", but this is really a hopeless situation, soaked in drama from the money, and celebrities, and rumors about criminal charges.

I know many people like to hold out hope for a miraculous recovery, but I don't think that's even remotely possible here. IMO, any hope of her waking up, and breathing, and being able to be aware, and interacting with loved ones (let alone returning to her old self) is in the category of "unrealistic hope." The statistics don't lie, and her situation is overwhelmingly hopeless. It's just taking a month or so to demonstrate that.

She died in that bathtub. She was discovered soon enough that her heart was resuscitated, and she had "some" brain function, albeit heavily damaged by anoxic cerebral encephalopathy. She has been dying an agonizingly slow "second death" secondary to her resuscitation, for the last 3 1/2 weeks. IMO.

Remember that large retrospective study I posted about, of 1669 adult near drowning victims with cardiac arrest at the scene? 1641 of them died at the scene, or in transit, or in the ER. 28 were resuscitated to a heartbeat and admitted to ICU. Roughly 26-27 of those 28 died during the course of hospitalization (less than a month, IIRC). 1 or 2 (equivalent statistically) survived to PVS. I don't think BK will make it to chronic PVS, if her status epilepticus is this profound at 3 1/2 weeks and 2 attempts to resolve the cerebral depressant coma.

Her prognosis is very, very grim. I believe she will die, and that is a tremendous tragedy for a beautiful 21 year old young woman, in the prime of her life. I don't know how many other statistics I can pull and post to demonstrate that, if the ones I've posted so far aren't persuasive.

There is nothing since Day One of this tragic event that has ever given me hope, sad to say. Based on what we 'know', I also agree with K_Z that BK did die in the bathtub, and I am thankful for K_Z's shared knowledge to support my feelings. :-(

Were this not a 'celebrity' family, would this have gone-on so long? I highly doubt it. This too is a tragic footnote to the whole situation.

~jmo~

http://www.people.com/article/bobbi-kristina-seizures-coma

Bobbi Kristina Brown Suffers 'Violent Seizures' After Being Taken Out of Coma
02/25/2015 AT 08:25 PM EST

Bobbi Kristina Brown was taken out of a medically induced coma, but she did not have the response her family had been praying for.

"She was taken off the drugs, but she began having violent seizures," a family source says. "She is being put back into a coma."

"This is a horrible setback. Everyone was hopeful that this was the sign that she'd turned the corner. We were so optimistic," the source tells PEOPLE. "Bobby is taking this so hard; he was sure this was going to be a good day. But please, everyone needs to pray for Krissi. I don't care what religion you are, or if you have no religion at all. Send your thoughts, your prayers, your well-wishes. Send everything you've got. Please."

There is nothing since Day One of this tragic event that has ever given me hope, sad to say. Based on what we 'know', I also agree with K_Z that BK did die in the bathtub, and I am thankful for K_Z's shared knowledge to support my feelings. :-(

Were this not a 'celebrity' family, would this have gone-on so long? I highly doubt it. This too is a tragic footnote to the whole situation.

~jmo~

Respectfully, IMO whether it is a celebrity family or not, all parents would hold onto that hope that their child will be that miracle child and pull through. I wouldn't say celebrity families are capable of loving their children any more than non celebrity familes. I don't think we can really blame BB for holding onto that hope of a miracle and I assume he is now well aware his daughter is gone. Maybe you're suggesting it's all about the publicity and attention this case is gaining? If so, I don't believe so. He would have been making more of a scene if that were the case.

Now it's time for him to make that decision to stop all medical intervention and let her go. I won't be surprised if that decision is made within the next week if she doesn't die first. He has had over three weeks to prepare, think and likely many medical experts giving him the grim reality. He also has other children who need his love, attention and guidance and that may help him to make a decision soon. By that I mean, he realizes the care BK is going to need and he will not be able to devote all his time at her bedside. Again IMO BB is in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Had he decided two weeks ago to stop medical intervention, I feel certain there would have been much public back lash, many people criticizing him and accusing him of just wanting out of the way for her money.

All JMO.

Respectfully, IMO whether it is a celebrity family or not, all parents would hold onto that hope that their child will be that miracle child and pull through. I wouldn't say celebrity families are capable of loving their children any more than non celebrity familes. I don't think we can really blame BB for holding onto that hope of a miracle and I assume he is now well aware his daughter is gone. Maybe you're suggesting it's all about the publicity and attention this case is gaining? If so, I don't believe so. He would have been making more of a scene if that were the case.

Now it's time for him to make that decision to stop all medical intervention and let her go. I won't be surprised if that decision is made within the next week if she doesn't die first. He has had over three weeks to prepare, think and likely many medical experts giving him the grim reality. He also has other children who need his love, attention and guidance and that may help him to make a decision soon. By that I mean, he realizes the care BK is going to need and he will not be able to devote all his time at her bedside. Again IMO BB is in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Had he decided two weeks ago to stop medical intervention, I feel certain there would have been much public back lash, many people criticizing him and accusing him of just wanting out of the way for her money.

All JMO.

It's late at night for me, but I think you may have misinterpreted my meaning. I tend to do short posts (just my style). I'll be back tomorrow to explain more if needed. I did not mean that celebrity families suffer any less or hope for something more...that much I'll say for now. :)

~jmo~

I don't know if NG is guilty of some type of abuse or drug use with BK or not. We simply don't have all the facts to conclude anything 100%
But I do know that he was a child when he was with WH and that the environment was toxic for the adults in the house what it did to the kids is even worse. I have no doubt that both WH & BK did lean on him and he certianly didn't have the maturity to deal with it. I can also conclude that those 2 kids depended on each other to survive in the chaos, I don't doubt they loved each other how could they not it was them against the world. And I find it very obvious that NG has just faced the reality that BK isn't going to get better- I simply have to hurt for the boy.
If he is responsible in anyway he needs to face justice.
But his pain is as real and raw as BB- there are no winners here and no one with clean hands in how this poor girl ended up where she did.

Bobbi Kristina -- No Signs of Improvement ... Still in a Coma

Family sources tell TMZ ... stories that Bobbi Kristina is being taken out of her coma are not accurate. We're told the only change in treatment is that doctors tried weaning her off certain meds to see if she might react but nothing happened. She's in the same condition she's been in for weeks.

Our sources say there have been signs of organ deterioration but she's still basically in the same, unresponsive condition she's been in since a few days after the accident.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/26/bobbi-kristina-still-in-coma-not-getting-better/#ixzz3Sqxzoda3

Bobbi Kristina Brown Remains in Coma After Suffering Seizures as Nick Gordon Admits He Is "Full of Anger"

Mike Vulpo, eonline
5 hours ago

It appears Bobbi Kristina Brown 's recovery may have faced a setback this week.

After E! News learned that the Brown family was in the process of taking Whitney Houston 's daughter out of a medically induced coma, multiple reports say Bobbi Kristina started having seizures as soon as doctors tried taking her off various medications.

As a result, doctors were forced to put the 21-year-old back on the drugs...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20150226/b629886/

Per usual, we have conflicting reports from "sources" and "family sources."

I believe she is gone. Her body can not handle life without machines right now. It is so very very sad.

I hope we learn about what really happened to her.

Time to let Bobbi Kristina be with her mother. Prayers that the family has the courage and strength to let their loved one go. :rose:

I am offended on BB's behalf with NG saying *if* BB cared for his daughter---- BB may not have been the best father, but I have no doubt he cares for BK in the way only a parent can.

I agree. IMO the reason he has not been all the way in the "whole picture" the past few years is he is trying to get his act together. When you have serious issues that need to be take be taken care of for yourself you may have to distance yourself even from loved ones especially if they aren't trying to change their problems which might hinder your own healing. You have to be healthy yourself before you can help others.

^ Thanks. Good article. I hope BK's family realizes sooner rather than later that a medically-induced coma is not living. If there is no hope that this young woman can have some type of "normal" existence, she should be allowed to die with dignity. :moo:

No. I absolutely do not think this is Lance-Adams syndrome.

I think she suffered a very prolonged episode of anoxia due to drowning, followed by cardiorespiratory arrest, followed by a long course of CPR/ ACLS resuscitation. I think her brain is irreversibly, terminally damaged. I think the "best" that can be hoped for is PVS on a ventilator. Because she was able to have her heart resuscitated, and had access to a top notch neuro ICU, she received every possible level of care and treatment-- far more than most non-celebrities would likely receive in similar circumstances. But it's my opinion that she will die relatively soon. I think that support will have to be withdrawn. I'm not a talking head, so I can say that. I'm sorry that's very blunt. I don't mean to sound "cold", but this is really a hopeless situation, soaked in drama from the money, and celebrities, and rumors about criminal charges.

I know many people like to hold out hope for a miraculous recovery, but I don't think that's even remotely possible here. IMO, any hope of her waking up, and breathing, and being able to be aware, and interacting with loved ones (let alone returning to her old self) is in the category of "unrealistic hope." The statistics don't lie, and her situation is overwhelmingly hopeless. It's just taking a month or so to demonstrate that.

She died in that bathtub. She was discovered soon enough that her heart was resuscitated, and she had "some" brain function, albeit heavily damaged by anoxic cerebral encephalopathy. She has been dying an agonizingly slow "second death" secondary to her resuscitation, for the last 3 1/2 weeks. IMO.

Remember that large retrospective study I posted about, of 1669 adult near drowning victims with cardiac arrest at the scene? 1641 of them died at the scene, or in transit, or in the ER. 28 were resuscitated to a heartbeat and admitted to ICU. Roughly 26-27 of those 28 died during the course of hospitalization (less than a month, IIRC). 1 or 2 (equivalent statistically) survived to PVS. I don't think BK will make it to chronic PVS, if her status epilepticus is this profound at 3 1/2 weeks and 2 attempts to resolve the cerebral depressant coma.

Her prognosis is very, very grim. I believe she will die, and that is a tremendous tragedy for a beautiful 21 year old young woman, in the prime of her life. I don't know how many other statistics I can pull and post to demonstrate that, if the ones I've posted so far aren't persuasive.

You got me convinced!! Thanks for the level-headed, clear analysis!

With this having become a "criminal investigation" I am not so sure that it may not take a Judge to make the life support decision for BK. So as to protect a possible prosecution. Never let it be said that BB (or any family) was any where near the decision of her death.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member