GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible they actually haven't found all of Becky yet and are using the questioning time to locate her?

Horrible.

This is precisely what I have been thinking. The wording in the police statement could be interpreted that way, IMO:

“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts."

https://www.avonandsomerset.police....-discovery-made-in-becky-watts-investigation/

Am I right in thinking that the LE are still appealing for info on the movements of the black Zafira? It is possible that further locations may yet be revealed, IMO.

No offense taken. We are all entitled to our opinion.

I based my opinion on the high statistics of women in abusive and controlling relationships. Even the much quoted statistic of 1 in 4 women suffering abuse and 1 in 6 men is skewed, the numbers for women are likely to be much higher.

It isn't a bandwagon if it can be statistically proven. IMO.

I look at each case individually with regard to facts given to me. until a case is solved , I don't KNOW which statistical bucket it will fall into. I can use statistics and take a a guess, but so what! anyone can do that.

if 99% of the time the butler did it - there are innocent butlers who need us on their side. imo

Apart from Becky's family and friends, I feel so sad for the little children of those arrested caught up in all of this. They must be terrified :( I do hope that none of them witnessed anything.

Why do so many people put JMO or IMO in their posts.

Not a criticism, a genuine question.

BTW I know what they both mean.

Is there some widely held mistaken belief that tacking those phrases onto a post is some kind of magical shield against legal action?

Is there some widely held mistaken belief that tacking those phrases onto a post is some kind of magical shield against legal action?

Just following the rules!

So the dangerous chemicals are being sprayed into her dad and step mum's house. I reckon they think she died there, which is what I always thought.

I look at each case individually with regard to facts given to me. until a case is solved , I don't KNOW which statistical bucket it will fall into. I can use statistics and take a a guess, but so what! anyone can do that.

if 99% of the time the butler did it - there are innocent butlers who need us on their side. imo

But as other posters have said, there is very little to go on. I look at a certain persons facebook and all I feel is pity for a vulnerable young woman who has fallen into an unhealthy relationship. Some others on here look at the same facebook and see jealousy and possessiveness. To call one opinion a "card to play" simplifies very complicated relationship dynamics that are more common.

Of course statistics aren't reliable, but just as there are many men who do not report abuse, there are also large numbers of women who do not report it. My experience is that it is usually abuse against the woman, so until more information comes to light I will follow the opinion that I have formed from experience. If that means I am "playing a card" then so be it. I also don't feel the need to mention my degrees in order to back up my opinion, as I am entitled to it, degree or not.

My post isn't directed just at you Jade, even though I have quoted you. I had to go do the school run and have only caught up.

O/T Tip: If you're worried about the inappropriate tweets on the #FindBecky click the little 3 dots and block the worst offenders and that will clean your feed up.

I use them to indicate that i'm not out to start an argument nor contradict people and just stating what i think/believe. I've been to forums where people attack you for simply stating your thought, thinking you were trying to attack their beliefs/opinions, and it just became a habit. [emoji4]

I do it to show that I am expressing my own opinion/views, therefore avoiding replies from pedantic people who are looking to negatively leap on a comment just so they can make their own point. Jmo :)

I've never seen a rule regarding saying JMO or whatever. I wouldn't dream of writing such a thing and have never broken the rules because of it!

...also, typing IMO or JMO is quicker than typing 'I think that...'
It is in WS rules that if we state something as fact then we need to provide a link to that fact, otherwise we need to make it known that it is our own opinion.

I think that makes perfect sense; it prevents rumour becoming fact, IMO :)

I honestly don't know and don't think there is a legal reason, I think it's just a WS thing. As you might guess from my sig, I do use it but I make a little fun of it too, because that's just me. I saw a lot use it when I first started posting so I guess I'm just a sheep and copied them :p Gotta be down with the cool kids, yo

The whole JMO/ IMO is to show other people that the post is based on your own thoughts and opinions as opposed to hard fact

But as other posters have said, there is very little to go on. I look at a certain persons facebook and all I feel is pity for a vulnerable young woman who has fallen into an unhealthy relationship. Some others on here look at the same facebook and see jealousy and possessiveness. To call one opinion a "card to play" simplifies very complicated relationship dynamics that are more common.

Of course statistics aren't reliable, but just as there are many men who do not report abuse, there are also large numbers of women who do not report it. My experience is that it is usually abuse against the woman, so until more information comes to light I will follow the opinion that I have formed from experience. If that means I am "playing a card" then so be it. I also don't feel the need to mention my degrees in order to back up my opinion, as I am entitled to it, degree or not.

My post isn't directed just at you Jade, even though I have quoted you. I had to go do the school run and have only caught up.
Sorry if you felt that people were disagreeing with your point of view. There isn't a wrong or right people are just expressing their opinions and offering interpretations.

Your post about statistics came across a little bit like you were saying I'm right and you're definitely wrong but you're entitled to your opinion even if you are wrong but I'm definitely right.

As a previous poster said if 99% of the time something happens 1% of the time it doesn't. There are still two possibilities. So to then use that to declare yourself 100% right would actually be 100% wrong.

Sorry if you felt that people were disagreeing with your point of view. There isn't a wrong or right people are just expressing their opinions and offering interpretations.

Your post about statistics came across a little bit like you were saying I'm right and you're definitely wrong but you're entitled to your opinion even if you are wrong but I'm definitely right.

As a previous poster said if 99% of the time something happens 1% of the time it doesn't. There are still two possibilities. So to then use that to declare yourself 100% right would actually be 100% wrong.
I'm going to back away from this now. It's aimed at me methinks. I stated my point, replied in kind and apologised - as I said before we can agree to disagree but I'm not going to be dragged into an argument about it
Edit: realised I've linked your quote Wallace. .apologies

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 36 secs37 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews, 28, of Cotton Mill Lane, Bristol, has been charged with the murder of Rebecca Watts.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 1 min1 minute ago
two people have been charged in connection with the Becky Watts investigation.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 46 secs47 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare, 21, of Cotton Mill Lane, Bristol, has been charged with intending to pervert the course of justice. #BeckyWatts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vandeu12