VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also twitter broke out into a frenzy when Jean c twittered "something is happening"

Real riveting stuff

Could someone go turn some llamas loose near the courthouse? Or maybe some emus? I need a laugh about now. :(

Does anyone know what the longest time a jury has gone when debating a DP verdict?

At this point I think they should just keep going until they have a clear verdict even if it takes another week. or two?
Dug in this far so keep hammering on it till an agreement is reached. Painful I know.

Scott Peterson jury deliberated 7 days and gave him DP.

Had to step away. Are they still in deliberations?

As far as we know. Unless JSS got them to give her the verdict and then sent them home secretly. Nothing would surprise me in that courtroom.

Originally Posted by raisincharlie
Not F1, think American series, the body is a Dallara, the livery Motorola...
Is it the IRL?

Sounds like it. The #2 of motorsports.

Edited to add: that remark wasn't a slight to the IRL. They're now the default open wheel series in the U.S. since CART/ChampCar folded

If Jodi were a man, minority or really ugly in her "before" pictures the DP would have been handed out last week. They see her pictures before she
went to jail and are having a hard time giving an attractive white female death.

:moo:
I don't think that is it at all.

If Jodi were a man, minority or really ugly in her "before" pictures the DP would have been handed out last week. They see her pictures before she
went to jail and are having a hard time giving an attractive white female death.

I think the last jury, at least the "fatherly" male juror, pretty much confirmed this last time around. Jurors unfortunately are not exempt from having personal motivations no matter what they say.

As far as the last "Super Secret" meeting- Could the DT have complained about the Alexanders waiting as the jury leaves? If they tried to have them forced to remain in another area, wouldn't that be cause for the victim's advocate to go in the courtroom with the Alexanders?

Or their attorney, who was with them today.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago
Steven Alexander walked back out.Don't think anything is happening. Should be time we see some jurors come out for break however #jodiarias

I think that is a problem. Giving Death to people who don't necessarily commit the crime. I think today she would have gotten life.

Not that she doesn't deserve to be punished (because she does), but I pity this woman. She must be so anxious waiting for her execution, only to have it delayed twice now. I read that she graduated from a prison theology program. I hope she learned her lesson and is at peace.

Sad that JA may face a lesser punishment for a more heinous crime

Such a contrast in our local news - they have a woman on death row (was due for execution 2 days ago but there was some issue with the medication - all appeals exhausted)...she did not even physically kill her dh (she was somewhere else) - she had her boyfriend do it and he got life, she got death! Of course that jury deliberated many, many years ago. I guess by today's standards she would be given a warning...

bbm. If this is the case I think it is, he (the man who actually committed the murder) is eligible for parole. Makes no sense to me.

YES! this makes me sooooooo happy. Just call me llama girl cause I loved it so much!

[video=youtube;NEZhfJkBjxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZhfJkBjxc[/video]

Could someone go turn some llamas loose near the courthouse? Or maybe some emus? I need a laugh about now. :(

As far as the last "Super Secret" meeting- Could the DT have complained about the Alexanders waiting as the jury leaves? If they tried to have them forced to remain in another area, wouldn't that be cause for the victim's advocate to go in the courtroom with the Alexanders?

I thought maybe Nurmi wrangled a hearing on his motion for mistrial because of the impasse-Allen Charge reading. Might make sense for the Alexanders to have their own attny there since they do not want a mistrial/Life sentence. Just my musing though, nothing to back it up.

Not that she doesn't deserve to be punished (because she does), but I pity this woman. She must be so anxious waiting for her execution, only to have it delayed twice now. I read that she graduated from a prison theology program. I hope she learned her lesson and is at peace.

Sad that JA may face a lesser punishment for a more heinous crime

I think it should be commuted to life. I don't see this as a DP case at all.

I think that is a problem. Giving Death to people who don't necessarily commit the crime. I think today she would have gotten life.

I agree - she has also been (reportedly) rehabilitated in prison and now helps other female prisoners, etc. etc. The plan and the style of killing was brutal by the standards of that day. She had also been divorced, then remarried, to said husband so it wasn't like she couldn't leave him. She wanted the insurance $ .... Again, I know this is off topic but to me it shows such a change in standards of justice today - some good, some not so good. imho

Cathy @courtchatter · now 20 seconds ago
7 jurors come out on break. Male juror #4 is with them this time, face bright red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle