VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jodi were a man, minority or really ugly in her "before" pictures the DP would have been handed out last week. They see her pictures before she
went to jail and are having a hard time giving an attractive white female death.

:moo:

You nailed it---it really is that simple, isn't it?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
7 jurors come out on break. Male juror #4 is with them this time, face bright red. #jodiarias

PER BK: 7 jurors just exited deliberations one with coat in hand--she has stopped the DC

The secret court matter earlier wouldn't have been about the Alexander's sitting outside of the jury room as the Arias clan has taken that area over since yesterday per tweets.

7 jurors come out on break. Male juror #4 is with them this time, face bright red. #jodiarias

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 1m1 minute ago
7 jurors just left for a break. Very serious expressions. #jodiarias #VerdictWatch #cnn

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 1m1 minute ago
Seven #JodiArias jurors walk to elevator and take a break. No eye contact with media.

Soooooooo does that mean Juror #4 is mad, or just hot from heat? Can I just re-state that I HATE trial by twitter?

Been popping in & out. Mostly out. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Can the jurors watch the full 18 days of CMJA testimony from 1st trial?

If so that would take several days to watch at least. Racking my brain as to why more time is needed to reach verdict.

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin · 4m4 minutes ago
7 jurors leave for a break. No talking, no smiles. #jodiarias

Troy H was streaming live and he said some really interesting things about this second trial. He basically said if the first jury who heard ALL of the evidence was split 8-4, how was there an expectation that this second jury who heard less evidence was going to come up with a 12/12 verdict? He talked about the endless money spent on this second mini/sentencing trial and how he thinks it should have been life after the first jury couldn't decide on an exact sentence. So much time, more heartbreak for the Alexanders having to go through the murder again, endless money, expecting a jury to do what the first jury couldn't do, even with less evidence. I also feel like having a second jury sort of says we don't believe or trust the first jury...

I don't know what to think but I do believe he made some good points.

Is that right .. 15 mins to announce a verdict or JSS will say it's too late to do it today and everyone needs to go off home again?

I think that is a problem. Giving Death to people who don't necessarily commit the crime. I think today she would have gotten life.

Yrs ago my dad landed up in prison..for something that noone would probably even spend time in jail for today. If I recall right there were alot of the old western singers back in the day that were in jail/prison for minor things. Freddy Fender comes to mind. I remember reading he was in prison and he and "?? Not sure , some other famous country music singer had their guitars and would sing naked and play guitar...and Johnny Cash used to go play for the prisoners...Boy..what good times huh LOL

He actually masterminded the killings of 7? I think?? So he is more than the average person. I don't think he should ever leave prison but I don't think him getting the dp when he actually did not kill anyone is okay either.

That was the first case that ever got me into true crime and Helter Skelter was the first book of that ilk I ever read. You are right that he wasn't there for the infamous crimes but he was more closely involved in a murder that took place before them and one after so he sailed pretty close to the wind in terms of never killing anyone himself. I used to be really intrigued as to how he got them to do what they did and then one day had a bit of an epiphany and realised he was just a grubby little conman in the right place at the right time for what eventuated and all of a sudden he was no longer interesting. Anyway, off topic so apologies for that.

This jury really took the dynamite charge very seriously. There obviously are jurors who are refusing to come back without a decision. I applaud them on this. IMO the male juror is probably frustrated to the "ninth degree".

Troy H was streaming live and he said some really interesting things about this second trial. He basically said if the first jury who heard ALL of the evidence was split 8-4, how was there an expectation that this second jury who heard less evidence was going to come up with a 12/12 verdict? He talked about the endless money spent on this second mini/sentencing trial and how he thinks it should have been life after the first jury couldn't decide on an exact sentence. I kind of agree with what he is saying. So much time, more heartbreak the Alexanders having to go through the murder again, endless money, expecting a jury to do what the first jury couldn't do, even with less evidence. I also feel like having a second jury sort of says we don't believe or trust the first jury...

I don't know what to think but I do believe he made some good points.

I agree with Troy, this second trial has been a waste and will likely result in JSS being the one to call it, as she would have the first time too, so basically it's all been for nothing at huge expense, etc. It'll end up LWOP in my opinion, and would have the first go-round too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get