VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we'll find out why they may be upset, soon-but I wonder if it's going to be a hung jury that is upsetting them.

JM has to have indicated to them by now that this is not looking good for death...it just does not...he is a professional and is preparing them

I am going to my apartment office to get coffee. Looks like things are getting going.

Good morning everyone!
I usually have a few windows open for different live stream links in case one does not work I can then switch to another and not miss important information scrambling looking for another link.

Radar: heads up- the link in your signature for the youtube stream says 'this channel does not exist'.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 56s56 seconds ago
Counsel is asked to approach #jodiarias #3tvarias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 42s42 seconds ago  Phoenix, AZ
Judges asks prosecution to approach #JodiArias #abc15

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 22s22 seconds ago
Juan is taking the family to the victim room #jodiarias #3tvarias

Maybe the Alexanders seem upset, but it's just human emotion coming out given the gravity of what's likely about to be announced.

Who knows what they are upset about. It could be anything.

Where is Jodi?

While we wait, I saw there was still some confusion on the other thread about the mental illness issue. I have to keep this short because I'm on my phone, but:

1. COMPETENCE TO STAND TRIAL: This just means you are mentally able to understand that you're on trial for murder and to tell your attorneys what they need to know. If not, the trial won't go forward unless you can be made competent through, e.g., meds. No one raised this in Jodi's case because she's obviously competent to stand trial.

2. SANITY: This is a question for the guilt phase and just means you knew what you were doing and knew the difference between right and wrong. No one raised this in Jodi's case because she's obviously sane.

3. MENTAL ILLNESS: This includes personality disorders. Mental illness is not a defense in the guilt phase and does not mean you can't get the death penalty, but it is a potentially mitigating factor.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Unfortunately, I will be unable to post tweets today -- unless I finish my mid-term exam that is due this evening :facepalm:

But I will be following along here at WS and on the Twitter feed ... If I see something newsworthy, I will post it !

:please::please::please: May today be the day for a Verdict that is True Justice for Travis Alexander !

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 56s56 seconds ago
Counsel is asked to approach #jodiarias #3tvarias

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 42s42 seconds ago  Phoenix, AZ
Judges asks prosecution to approach #JodiArias #abc15

Court has started?!?!?!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 55s55 seconds ago
Nurmi and Willmott went in a door that I think leads to Jodi in the back #jodiarias #3tvarias

AZlawyer, you are an absolute treasure on this forum.

2 jurors have arrived. It does appear this is it.

JM has to have indicated to them by now that this is not looking good for death...it just does not...he is a professional and is preparing them

Yes-I bet this is it. He would do this, I'm sure of it. My money's on hung jury, so life in prison, which I know the Alexanders don't want. This will end up being better for the family, although it doesn't seem like it right now.

I've just finished University for the day (3.41pm here). I hope that today is the day that sees the end of this for the Alexanders.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 43s43 seconds ago
2 jurors have arrived so far but I'm in courtroom so can't see if anymore have showed up #jodiarias #3tvarias

They wouldn't know that, correct?. I'll bet there is a verdict (even if hung) and they are just overwhelmed with emotions that it is over. I would be.

I guess we'll find out why they may be upset, soon-but I wonder if it's going to be a hung jury that is upsetting them.

Doesn't it seem early for all the parties to be assembling at the courthouse? It's just past 8:30, right? Don't deliberations usually begin at 9:30 with jurors arriving @9:00 or later?

WOW ... see there is some activity in the courtroom earlier than usual.

Here is the LIVE TWITTER FEED Link for those who wish to follow in real time:

https://twitter.com/hardtruth4real/lists/jodi-arias-trial-live

what is happening? is this just another question or jury saying they are hung?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ