Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because she was following the law. If Jodi and her DT would have waived her right to some presentencing report/interview whatever, then she could have. It was JODI once again delaying the inevitable. Her last 39 days at Estrella, while her DT continues to suck the teat of the AZ taxpayer for as long as they can.

She did waive the interview.

DISAPPOINTING.
Better than other options, though.
Fgs, what the ___ was wrong with that one juror, anyway ? Just my opinion.

Rest in peace, Travis. I am sorry you did not get to live your life !!!! My condolences to your grieving loved ones ! Horrible day for them. :(

I have been to Arizona in the summer. If I knew that I would be spending the rest of my life there without air conditioning, I would ask for the death penalty. What a horrid punishment Jodi will endure - I don't care how she plays it off on Twitter, she's gonna suffer. Miss I Am A SWEATY Goddess, LOL!

Guess she won't be smelling like a goddess for long. :)

And I think it's only a matter of time before she really pisses off some brutish gang member with her condescending passive aggressive personality. I hope we get to hear all about THAT.

I know we're all disappointed with the outcome of this trial, but we have to keep things in perspective.
The most important thing is that CMJA was already convicted of 1st Degree Murder. She will likely never be getting out of prison.
CMJA may be gloating now, but her 'victory' is short-lived as she will soon be taken to Perryville and trust me, her bribing *ahem I mean "reaching out"* to the prisoners there will not go down well with the ones who run the joint. CMJA is an elitist who thinks she's better than everyone else and with that attitude she's going to have a tough time in the slammer.
CMJA is a loser who never finished high school and ended up slaughtering a man in cold blood at age 28, all her lies, ugliness and pretense were put on display for the world to see her true colors during this trial.
CMJA failed to have a successful career, she failed to find a man who was willing to marry her (they all sensed something was off with her, although she manipulated them with sex), CMJA failed to even use the book "The Secret" to achieve her goals.
CMJA was wrong about many things too:
She thought she was clever enough to pull off the perfect murder and spent months planning it. FAIL.
She told 48 hrs "No Jury will ever convict me" - famous last words because she was convicted for 1st degree murder.
No more civilian clothes for Jodi. No more interviews. No more gloating at TA's family.
All CMJA will be remembered for is being a "Three-Hole Wonder" (in TA's words) and a vicious murderer. That's her legacy. Every life she touched has been soiled - The Alexanders, her own family, her attorneys, Geffner, ALV, Brewer etc.

Travis' family will always live with the terrible loss of their brother. But they have received an outpouring of love and compassion from 99% of the people who followed this trial. They will stay strong through love, dignity and compassion and they have conducted themselves with such grace.
CMJA grew strong from hatred, rage and sadistic enjoyment of other people's pain. Its rotting her from the inside out. Her 15 minutes of fame are OVER.

Listening to trial talk right now,,,Jen said juror number 17 has relatives in prison..

OMG ... wonder what they are in prison for ?

:gaah: She should have NEVER been chosen for this jury ... NEVER !

Where can I listen to the jurors post verdict interview? I was at work while it was airing. Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

March 5, 2015
Sheriff Arpaio: Denies Jodi Arias Interviews
“Jodi Arias has been in our jail for seven years. A comprehensive report of the
history of her behaviors and activities while in our custody is in progress.
Upon reviewing the report it notes that she craves media attention and
continues to seek out ways to attract that attention. I will not allow her to play
that game and will deny any media interviews with her. Arias is a convicted
killer, and her 15 minutes of fame are over.”
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio

This is awesome. :happydance:

She did waive the interview.

OK thanks, it was something the DT wanted though for the extra 30 days. AZL doesn't know what it was either, but said Juan didn't object. I actually think it may work out fine, the Alexanders will regain their composure over the next 39 days and hopefully they will be given an opportunity to say something, like Sharon Rocha did.

Just wow..I am behind..but, I wonder if JSS was told this?!!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 46m46 minutes ago

Jury says the hold out watched the news and it was worth the risk to get an alternate to replace her #jodiarias #3tvarias

:eek::eek: Then why wasn't this juror brought into chambers and questioned by JSS as to whether or not she watched the news ?

The more I hear about this "juror" the worst it gets.

:gaah:

I hope the Alexanders at some point down the road say that they have reconsidered, and are glad that she got LWOP because she'll have fewer appeals. I hope that for them, and I hope that because it will rob JA of the only "victory" she has at this point.

Write the Alexanders to offer them support. The family’s public address is on this website:
http://www.travisalexanderjustice.com/support

March 5, 2015
continues to seek out ways to attract that attention. I will not allow her to play
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio

This has to be killing her. And I cannot wait to read this report he references. I bet it will be eye opening.

I am glad you are buying this book. I was looking for a description from this book that was posted here a few days ago. It goes into detail about the conditions at Perryville. The description was something like: waiting for a day when temperatures are above 100 and then go to your garage, get a small fan, clean up the area, exercise and sleep in the garage for a few days. That is what it is like in Perryville.

Can anyone find this post? I want to feel better about the life Jodi will have.

TIA

I just bought it. I hope I'm allowed to post a bit of it here. I'll summarize once I've read the entire book.

"On a day when the temperature has been about 112 degrees for many days, put on your heaviest polyester pants and t-shirt, go out in your garage with a very small fan, and spend the day. Have lunch there, soup (yes, soup) and a bologna sandwich. Sweep, mop, clean, watch TV, read. Try to nap on a plastic cot, eat a lukewarm dinner, spend the night. This is Arizona prison in the summer."

ETA: She refers to summers in Perryville as hell and the rooms as concrete coffins.

March 5, 2015
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Thank you sheriff Joe!!! Please don't change your mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite. The bad Mormon and *advertiser censored* stuff played no part and they were mad about the T-Dogg stuff.

Juror #4 caught her in a lie and it caused him to really doubt anything she said from there on out.

She expressed no remorse.
What lie? I missed that

I just read that #17 would watch the news at night. Said it was worth it if she got caught. She wanted to be removed from the jury.

March 5, 2015
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Why did it take him 7 years to figure this out? If only he had stopped the interviews before the last trial.

it was 11 - 1 since last Thursday from what I am hearing/reading
I hadn't paid attention when they were sent to deliberations, it was for that long? If so, bless those 11 hearts that were essentially talking to a wall. It was stated way too many times that this lone juror wasn't even open to hearing anything or discussing anything. More than one said she wouldn't deliberate, not that she discussed it and didn't change her mind. SHE WOULD NOT DELIBERATE.

I've been on a jury a few times and I was on one not too long ago where myself and one other juror couldn't sway to the rest of the jurors who wanted to vote guilty because I could not beyond a reasonable doubt say this person was guilty. We were therefore hung (mind you, this was a cold case for years and the circumstances were obviously very different) At NO time did I NOT ask to be persuaded. I MADE every juror go around and tell me exactly why they thought the verdict should be guilty and asked them to please convince me because a part of me did believe in those charged were guilty but not beyond a reasonable doubt and I had to apply the law.

My point is, these jurors left "no reasonable doubt" in my mind that this juror walked into that "deliberation room" and did not deliberate nor ask anyone to try and change her mind or something to that effect. Something is very wrong with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven