Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better. This could be a blessing in disguise. Jody Arias craves attention and being the center of attention. The Sheriff has already disclosed a statement that she had been in his jail for seven years and he is preparing a summary report as to her activities during that time and he gave the impression that it was not positive to JA. Paraphrasing he said JA is a convicted murderer and he would not allow any media interviews, and that she was manipulative and conniving. He stated her "15 minutes" is over. To punish JA is to take away all the things she craves, and IMO this is only the beginning.

Had she gotten the death penalty there would be appeal after appeal. The TA family would be drawn back into the circus time after time. Now they don't have to worry with that. Each appeal JA would be allowed out of her cell and to meet with attorneys and complain about her treatment and attempt to "game" the system even more than she already has, and have that "human contact". She won't have that now.

Her reputation already has reached out before she even gets to Perryville. The Warden has already warned everyone how she is. There is no doubt in my mind that since Perryville has until April to prepare for her arrival, it will not be the "welcome party" JA might be expecting. Should she have the opportunity to cross the wrong inmate she will be slapped right into next week...and nobody will help her, no witnesses.

JMO's

I think its one thing to hold this opinion but another to say the juror wanted to be "Chicas" with Jodi. Someone is bringing race into this for no reason and in a negative way. The juror more likely identified with the abuse flaims and the mental illness stuff. It's judging the juror for bringing race into it when we have no idea if that's true.

Agree with you there, I hope my post didn't offend anyone. I agree it was the abuse juror 17 suffered and why she identified with Jodi.

Life in GP is a poor consolation. She deserved the DP and to be locked up 23 hr a day in maximum security. The only small ray of hope I have left is that because of the notoriety of the case, she is given a classification override which would keep her in maximum security. They have the authority to do this.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 16m16 minutes ago
.@RealSheriffJoe denying all interview requests for #JodiArias. And DOC doesn't allow them. No further camera time for Jodi.

Hahaha! Good! The demon feeds on it and twitter. The more we ignore her the better. I still wish the demon would have been sentenced by a jury of her peers to send the message that 'we are unaimous and you aren't fooling anyone' but hopefully JSS will give her LWOP. (I'm not holding my breath tho as JSS is....well let me just say....an unusual judge.)

She couldn't follow the rules at Estrella, even if she earns privileges, she'll do herself in, and she'll get them removed at some point. She can't help herself. Her sentence and quality of life are beyond my control, Im just glad she'll never get out.

I'm aware, but that was jail. She knows the "ways" now and IF she wants to get her credits, I believe she will adapt. JMO

I think its one thing to hold this opinion but another to say the juror wanted to be "Chicas" with Jodi. Someone is bringing race into this for no reason and in a negative way. The juror more likely identified with the abuse flaims and the mental illness stuff. It's judging the juror for bringing race into it when we have no idea if that's true.

Based on everything that coming out about this juror today, I do think it's possible she wanted to be chicas with her. No I don't have proof, it's my gut feeling. Now it's coming out that #17 watched the news in addition to watching the Lifetime movie. And if it weren't for her, Jodi would be headed to Death Row today, because even the alternates would have voted for it. I'm entitled to my feelings and opinions about Juror #17, even if they come across as racist in writing, which was NOT my intent.

I find it interesting that JA likens Troy Hayden trying to interview to being gang raped. Everything is violent and sexual with her. Never in a million years, if I had several people trying to talk to me at once would I even THINK of gang rape. WTH???

It's just another one of the murderer's fantasies.

Juan clearly did a fantastic job.
11 jurors did not buy what the defense was selling and preferred him.
There was nothing more he could have done. He gave it his all.

:seeya: Hi MeeBee,

RBBM: Yes he did ... NO ONE -- there is NO ONE in the world who could have done it any better than Juan !

He was terrific -- and honest !!!

:great: :juanettes:

March 5, 2015
Sheriff Arpaio: Denies Jodi Arias Interviews
“Jodi Arias has been in our jail for seven years. A comprehensive report of the
history of her behaviors and activities while in our custody is in progress.
Upon reviewing the report it notes that she craves media attention and
continues to seek out ways to attract that attention. I will not allow her to play
that game and will deny any media interviews with her. Arias is a convicted
killer, and her 15 minutes of fame are over.”
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio

This is awesome. :happydance:

Hey do you think this report is on it's way to the judge to help her decide what Jodi's sentence will be?

A really simple lie actually. That when she and Daryl Brewer were house hunting they were looking for a house with a good school district for his son but then the testimony elicited was that Brewer only got visitation of his son during the summer (i.e. no school). And that lie put off this juror so he didn't believe anything the murderess said.

Yep - it was her silly embellishments that got her every time. Smart juror to pick that up amongst all the other crud.

I am just sitting here in disbelief wondering how this could happen. I will need time to catch up here. I haven't made it home from work yet but will try to read the threads then. It is my Friday so I have time now. I am on my way home.

I just bought it. I hope I'm allowed to post a bit of it here. I'll summarize once I've read the entire book.

"On a day when the temperature has been about 112 degrees for many days, put on your heaviest polyester pants and t-shirt, go out in your garage with a very small fan, and spend the day. Have lunch there, soup (yes, soup) and a bologna sandwich. Sweep, mop, clean, watch TV, read. Try to nap on a plastic cot, eat a lukewarm dinner, spend the night. This is Arizona prison in the summer."

ETA: She refers to summers in Perryville as hell and the rooms as concrete coffins.

BBM

Thank you Rose for finding this description. Now I feel better about Jodi getting Life at Perryville.

I hope you do post summaries of the book. It has excellent reviews on Amazon and I believe the woman who wrote it had breast cancer while
she was in Perryville.

Those 11 jurors were probably also a little scared and unsure exactly what they were "allowed" to tell the judge about this other juror for fear of causing a mistrial.

Doncha just love the word comprehensive. Go Joe! :)

I agree!! This is why I think it's going to be really hard for her to earn her way into more privileges. I think she's had discipline problems in jail already. She will have to have perfect behavior for a month before she earns privileges. I don't know that she can do that. If she had been a model prisoner it would have been one of her mitigating factors. Obviously she hasn't been. I think it's going to take her a while to get to 30 perfect days. We already know she was trying to smuggle stuff out of prison to help her with her case.

She's anything but a model prisoner.

What lie? I missed that

He said she told them she was planning on buying a house with Daryl Brewer and SHE made the effort to find something in a good school district for his son.
Trying to convince them she was a caring person, I guess.
Previously they had been told that Brewer was only allowed access to his son during school vacations.

Let's leave discussions about race out of this thread. It has no place here unless this juror specifically admits a bias due to ethnic reasons. It appears her reasoning is DV and seeing the DP as revenge.

He said she was talking about buying a house with Daryl Brewer and said they considered school districts because he had a son. But she'd said earlier in the day that they only had his son during the summers so she clearly lied directly to their faces.

Wow, I caught that lie too when the transcript was released. I think I posted about it. But I didn't think it was significant, just another lie that JA got caught up in. Didn't think the jurors would even notice. I guess one did.

Sharp bunch considering they didn't have the advantages we did of looking over all this testimony.

What would it achieve? She's been convicted of 1st degree murder, will spend her life in prison. She hasn't been acquitted of anything. One holdout juror didn't want to impose death, that's it. It's really not the end of the world. See OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony...Im relieved this #17 wasn't on the original jury.
I agree that ar least she wasn't on the original jury. My question is since JA crossed state lines to commit the murder can that become a Federal offense?

The other 11 jurors and the alternates talked to the press afterwards.

I've read most of the tweets regarding this press conference. I've goggled for the last hour to try and find a replay of it.
I was able to hear some of the questions and answers, but not all...plus I could not see the jurors, it was just audio.
Is there someone who could please provide a link to the whole press conference?
I'm so very upset right now I can't put my thoughts and feelings together for a cohesive post. I was able to view the verdict, but not live...

Maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better. This could be a blessing in disguise. Jody Arias craves attention and being the center of attention. The Sheriff has already disclosed a statement that she had been in his jail for seven years and he is preparing a summary report as to her activities during that time and he gave the impression that it was not positive to JA. Paraphrasing he said JA is a convicted murderer and he would not allow any media interviews, and that she was manipulative and conniving. He stated her "15 minutes" is over. To punish JA is to take away all the things she craves, and IMO this is only the beginning.

Had she gotten the death penalty there would be appeal after appeal. The TA family would be drawn back into the circus time after time. Now they don't have to worry with that. Each appeal JA would be allowed out of her cell and to meet with attorneys and complain about her treatment and attempt to "game" the system even more than she already has, and have that "human contact". She won't have that now.

Her reputation already has reached out before she even gets to Perryville. The Warden has already warned everyone how she is. There is no doubt in my mind that since Perryville has until April to prepare for her arrival, it will not be the "welcome party" JA might be expecting. Should she have the opportunity to cross the wrong inmate she will be slapped right into next week...and nobody will help her, no witnesses.

JMO's

Very salient points, and may I add that in addition to all that you have stated, the Alexander's also know, thanks to these 11 jurors, that the lone hold-out was IN FACT a stealth juror who apparently would not follow the rules and was deceptive about her views regarding the DP from the very beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member