Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be upfront and say I haven't read any of this thread. While waiting for the jury I got physically sick. My DH thought I was nuts and I'm so disappointed in myself.

After calming down and listening to the jury here are my thoughts. I hope I don't make anyone mad.

I feel terrible for the Alexanders that they didn't get the verdict they wanted. I hope not to offend here, but I've been praying about this since the beginning of deliberations and asked God to guide the jury outcome. After the jury spoke, I felt that my prayers had been answered.

I have no right to speculate on the Alexanders feelings, but when 11 jurors come out and say they didn't believe any of the BS the defense was trying to sell and they thought JA was a lying evil person, that was satisfaction for me. It says the defense was NOT successful in their attack on Travis. The plus of it is JA will be locked away forever and the Alexanders won't have to be further hurt by endless appeals.

I hope the Alexanders are aware of what the jury stated and it brings them peace.

MOO

OK thanks, it was something the DT wanted though for the extra 30 days. AZL doesn't know what it was either, but said Juan didn't object. I actually think it may work out fine, the Alexanders will regain their composure over the next 39 days and hopefully they will be given an opportunity to say something, like Sharon Rocha did.

The Alexanders never lost their composure! :facepalm:

Wow, I caught that lie too when the transcript was released. I think I posted about it. But I didn't think it was significant, just another lie that JA got caught up in. Didn't think the jurors would even notice. I guess one did.

Sharp bunch considering they didn't have the advantages we did of looking over all this testimony.

Yep, I just thought it was some more of JA's "fantastical" thinking. lol

I've read most of the tweets regarding this press conference. I've goggled for the last hour to try and find a replay of it.
I was able to hear some of the questions and answers, but not all...plus I could not see the jurors, it was just audio.
Is there someone who could please provide a link to the whole press conference?
I'm so very upset right now I can't put my thoughts and feelings together for a cohesive post. I was able to view the verdict, but not live...

It was only audio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZHOfKs1m-Q&spfreload=10

The May 26th text does not say what I thought it did. Travis did forgive JA, at least at the end of that chat before they apparently spoke by phone. He told her he hated her, repeatedly, and that he knew she was trying to ruin his life, but that he didn't care anymore. He told her he was NOT angry about her breaking into his FB page. He just wanted to hear JA confess she was a liar. Which she did.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure now that he knew she was coming on June 4. And I'm more convinced she had already decided to kill him before May 26. She told him in the text she wanted to feel NOTHING for him, but couldn't get there, even when she knew the feelings meant nothing, any weren't going to lead lead anywhere. The turn the switch entry in her journal expressed how she felt, and I think that was the first day she realized that he would have to be dead for her obsession to stop.

At one point in the text she tells him "you're not the only one addicted"

:seeya:

I have been critical of the way JSS handled her court, etc,. since the trial and the 1st Sentencing Phase ... and I was extremely critical of her handling of this re-try of Sentencing Phase which was an absolute DISTASTER :gaah:

And now, after to listening to what the jurors had to say about this "stealth juror" -- and JSS knew there was some problem -- I truly believe that JSS has an "agenda" ...

:silenced: And that is all I will say right now ...

JMO and a big :moo: !

There was definitely a stealth juror on that panel.

The only question I have at this point is whether or not that juror was there by her on choice, or if she was hired and paid to be there. We all know who would have done the hiring .

Someone who is able to dig deep enough may find a tie-in between Nurmi, Wilmott, MDLR and this juror. Previous client, high school classmate, friend of a friend of a friend, etc.

I notice the folks on TV are stopping just short of saying "rigged jury"......at least at this point.

I guess I'm totally out of touch with these things - are prisoners allowed to have cell phones/computers now? IF not, how is she sending these messages? Sorry for my ignorance on this - I thought they had to smuggle phones into prisons....

not HER personally, but whoever she can talk to, to get the message out. Some have speculated that MDLR is tweeting under her handle, who knows? But someone is, and she is behind the message for sure.

Good catch on BK's part!!!
Beth Karas

Jury is sent home until Monday morning. The judge asks juror #17 to stay behind. Nurmi waives Arias's presence for whatever they are doing in chambers. Attorneys meet with judge in chambers now. Arias follows them in--I guess her presence is not waived.

This was just posted on Juan Martinez Support FB page...this "meeting" happened in October

Still thinking on this. Yes, Jodi will adapt. BUT, there is one huge reason it will not be easy, and she is in for a lot of suffering, one long hard ride. The biggest reason is that she thinks she is better than everyone. She really does. Other inmates will sense it. Can you imagine Jodi giving unwanted grammar lessons in prison. Laughable. Jodi will continue to try an get more "privileges", and it won't get un-noticed.

She will be rode, and rode hard. Rape? She thinks Troy raped her....lol. She has no idea.

The Alexanders never lost their composure! :facepalm:

That is not how I meant it. They will be less emotional, have time to digest the hung jury, and formulate their thoughts. :facepalm:

Hopefully the Judge will allow them to have their say to the evil murderer who killed their brother.

Good catch on BK's part!!!
Beth Karas

Jury is sent home until Monday morning. The judge asks juror #17 to stay behind. Nurmi waives Arias's presence for whatever they are doing in chambers. Attorneys meet with judge in chambers now. Arias follows them in--I guess her presence is not waived.

I hadn't seen this! Where did you find this? I subscribe to her site and didn't catch this.

Maybe I am just trying to make myself feel better. This could be a blessing in disguise. Jody Arias craves attention and being the center of attention. The Sheriff has already disclosed a statement that she had been in his jail for seven years and he is preparing a summary report as to her activities during that time and he gave the impression that it was not positive to JA. Paraphrasing he said JA is a convicted murderer and he would not allow any media interviews, and that she was manipulative and conniving. He stated her "15 minutes" is over. To punish JA is to take away all the things she craves, and IMO this is only the beginning.

Had she gotten the death penalty there would be appeal after appeal. The TA family would be drawn back into the circus time after time. Now they don't have to worry with that. Each appeal JA would be allowed out of her cell and to meet with attorneys and complain about her treatment and attempt to "game" the system even more than she already has, and have that "human contact". She won't have that now.

Her reputation already has reached out before she even gets to Perryville. The Warden has already warned everyone how she is. There is no doubt in my mind that since Perryville has until April to prepare for her arrival, it will not be the "welcome party" JA might be expecting. Should she have the opportunity to cross the wrong inmate she will be slapped right into next week...and nobody will help her, no witnesses.

JMO's

To make ourselves feel even better, have a read here: http://azprisonsurvivors.blogspot.com/2012/09/sos-aspc-perryville-conditions-of.html

Also, remember how "private" JA is? She can kiss that goodbye. Once she's in gen pop, she'll probably yearn for the days of mx security.

Still thinking on this. Yes, Jodi will adapt. BUT, there is one huge reason it will not be easy, and she is in for a lot of suffering, one long hard ride. The biggest reason is that she thinks she is better than everyone. She really does. Other inmates will sense it. Can you imagine Jodi giving unwanted grammar lessons in prison. Laughable. Jodi will continue to try an get more "privileges", and it won't get un-noticed.

She will be rode, and rode hard. Rape? She thinks Troy raped her....lol. She has no idea.
Then again- she might enjoy it. She likes anal, it's so debasing!

Wow, the entire GChat between Travis and JA is so revealing in full context, and I just wanted to let you guys know that this in its entirety shows without question that TA was the victim of DV, i.e., sexual manipulation and psychological abuse at the hands of JA...I can't even imagine what else will come to light now that this trial is over.

FWIW: I think this is only the tip of the Iceberg, and now I am gaining a full understanding of why, without question, the Alexanders could only see the DP as a fitting punishment for what she did.

BTW: JA KNEW with great certainty that TA would let her in when she drove 1000 miles to kill him.

Does anyone know if the Alexanders will be able to stand and speak to the judge or directly to Jodi at her sentencing in April?

A really simple lie actually. That when she and Daryl Brewer were house hunting they were looking for a house with a good school district for his son but then the testimony elicited was that Brewer only got visitation of his son during the summer (i.e. no school). And that lie put off this juror so he didn't believe anything the murderess said.

Simple lie? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member