MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am SO disturbed by this...and I can't figure out why on earth anyone in the family would be defending him - at the very least he was caught with child *advertiser censored*! That would have me silent right there!

Good to see you posting here :) I am shocked by this development and disappointed that Jennifer is defending her stepfather. Some reports indicate that family members have been concerned about Turnquist's odd behaviors, his not talking openly with LE about his whereabouts when Julia was murdered, etc. Was Julia not party to these concerns, or is she ignoring them? She seems overly defensive about this man who might be in some way connected to her twin sister's murder :waitasec:

I hope no one in the family posts his bond. Best to keep JT locked up while the investigation continues. I think he'd be a flight risk. :moo:

Does anyone else wonder if the child *advertiser censored* charge is just a tactic LE is using to get him to answer questions about his whereabouts leading up to Julia's death?

Child *advertiser censored* is despicable but I know those websites also just "pop" up in even the most random searches.

I just wonder if he has been someone LE has had their eyes on for the murder but never had enough to force his hand into cooperating.

BBM
From news articles, it appears he has been on their radar for quite some time. I'd have to back through them to find it.

this one from today really concerns me:

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines...wender-death-295211061.html?device=tablet&c=y

"According to authorities, Niswinder likely knew her attacker."

ETA
http://t.monroenews.com/news/2015/m...ing-stepfather/?templates=tablet&top-stories=#Mr. Turnquist, 47, apparently had been targeted by Ypsilanti police earlier in the investigation, and Jennifer said her family is frustrated with the direction the detectives are taking.

BBM
From news articles, it appears he has been on their radar for quite some time. I'd have to back through them to find it.

this one from today really concerns me:

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines...wender-death-295211061.html?device=tablet&c=y

"According to authorities, Niswinder likely knew her attacker."

I was looking at early reports about how the apartment was locked with no signs of break-in, nothing taken so not considered robbery, etc. If Julia's parents were paying for the apartment, it's possible that they had a key. That would explain the apartment not appearing to have been broken into; killer could have used his/her own key. :moo:

Good to see you posting here :) I am shocked by this development and disappointed that Jennifer is defending her stepfather. Some reports indicate that family members have been concerned about Turnquist's odd behaviors, his not talking opening with LE about his whereabouts when Julia was murdered, etc. Was Julia not party to these concerns, or is she ignoring them? She seems overly defensive about this man who might be in some way connected to her twin sister's murder :waitasec:

I hope no one in the family posts his bond. Best to keep JT locked up while the investigation continues. I think he'd be a flight risk. :moo:
My guess is it is shock and denial. She has already lost her twin sister, and is now faced with "losing" her stepfather who she obviously loves. It would be easier to believe he is innocent than to have to face the fact that he could be guilty and how that reflects on life as she thought she knew it.

Does anyone else wonder if the child *advertiser censored* charge is just a tactic LE is using to get him to answer questions about his whereabouts leading up to Julia's death?

Child *advertiser censored* is despicable but I know those websites also just "pop" up in even the most random searches.

I just wonder if he has been someone LE has had their eyes on for the murder but never had enough to force his hand into cooperating.

I've had regular *advertiser censored* popups, but I've never seen child *advertiser censored* popups. I thought this stuff was pretty secret and only on the dark web? Is it different in other countries? I wish there was just a way to make that sick _____ stop, ughh.

I've had regular *advertiser censored* popups, but I've never seen child *advertiser censored* popups. I thought this stuff was pretty secret and only on the dark web? Is it different in other countries? I wish there was just a way to make that sick _____ stop, ughh.
I would agree however, I also have a 16 year old son and discovered his phone had TONS of age appropriate *advertiser censored* [emoji35]

http://monroenews.com/news/2015/mar/04/jennifer-niswender-backing-stepfather/?templates=tablet&top-stories=

This is for the article. I had heard this yesterday, but could not confirm it was the same person. I will see if I can still find the original articles about the lockdown situation.

At that time, when police came to serve the search warrant last week, Mr. Turnquist fled to the martial arts studio where he had taught classes next to Food Town on N. Telegraph Rd. The Michigan State Police, believing he might be armed and suicidal, swarmed the area, causing a brief lockdown at a nearby school. Mr. Turnquist was taken into custody without further incident.

I may be wrong, and maybe looking to protect someone I shouldn't -- but considering
He has been charged with one count of possessing sexually abusive material involving a child.
I would think someone into that kind of *advertiser censored* would have lots of it.

Also,
Turnquist has yet to give police a formal account of where he was in the days leading up to Niswender's murder and is thus now a 'person of interest'.
just because he doesn't want to give an account , he becomes a POI?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epdaughter-Julia-Niswender.html#ixzz3TYcqB1s6

Good to see you posting here :) I am shocked by this development and disappointed that Jennifer is defending her stepfather. Some reports indicate that family members have been concerned about Turnquist's odd behaviors, his not talking openly with LE about his whereabouts when Julia was murdered, etc. Was Julia not party to these concerns, or is she ignoring them? She seems overly defensive about this man who might be in some way connected to her twin sister's murder :waitasec:

I wonder if he is on suicide watch? I know that sounds dramatic, but this case has just taken a very dramatic turn....

http://monroenews.com/news/2015/feb/25/man-custody-monroe-food-town-plaza/?templates=tablet

#Lt. Cuevas said the man was found inside a martial arts studio in the plaza. He was taken to a hospital for psychiatric evaluation. No weapon was located, Lt. Cuevas said.

This is the same person, James Niswinder. He worked at the martial arts business.

O.K., well there it is...my suicide watch theory!
I *STONGLY* encourage LE to go search any hunting cabin, fishing shack, etc. that this man might be affiliated with. (re: Chelsea Bruck missing case)

OMG....

I may be wrong, and maybe looking to protect someone I shouldn't -- but considering I would think someone into that kind of *advertiser censored* would have lots of it.

Also,
just because he doesn't want to give an account , he becomes a POI?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epdaughter-Julia-Niswender.html#ixzz3TYcqB1s6

There could very well be a lot more than one photo, but they only need one count to hold him and figure out how serious it is. With that high of bond, I assume there's more. Could be wrong.

Not trying to argue, so I hope I can word this all right. If your daughter (stepdaughter that you raised) was just murdered, wouldn't you give every ounce of cooperation at that time? What would be the reason to hide anything then? Isn't her life worth a bunch more than any other activity that he might have been involved in? If innocent, there was nothing to lose. And he has not given this info in two years? And was asked all this time about it? I suppose I am too close to this and am really adamant that he has no excuse for not being 120% cooperative over the death of a daughter. And LE almost always starts looking from the immediate family working out, so it was logical to question him. I doubt they expected what they have since found, whatever else that may be.

OldSteve, I almost always agree with you, or understand where you come from. This time I am confused, I guess.

I wonder if he is on suicide watch? I know that sounds dramatic, but this case has just taken a very dramatic turn....

Would think if he was really thinking of suicide, this would be the time he would tell all and tell the truth....
For some reason, and it's okay to say I'm wrong since I might very well be, but I sense strong-arm tactics being used.

There could very very well be a lot more than one photo, but they only need one count to hold him and figure out how serious it is. With that high of bond, I assume there's more. Could be wrong.

Not trying to argue, so I hope I can word this all right. If your daughter (stepdaughter that you raised) was just murdered, wouldn't you give every ounce of cooperation at that time? What would be the reason to hide anything then? Isn't her life worth a bunch more than any other activity that he might have been involved in? If innocent, there was nothing to lose. And he has not given this info in two years? And was asked all this time about it? I suppose I am too close to this and am really adamant that he has no excuse for not being 120% cooperative over the death of a daughter. And LE almost always starts looking from the immediate family working out, so it was logical to question him. I doubt they expected what they have since found, whatever else that may be.

OldSteve, I almost always agree with you, or understand where you come from. This time I am confused, I guess.

I find what you write thoughtful and diverse opinion is welcomed. I'm confused about him...

Would think if he was really thinking of suicide, this would be the time he would tell all and tell the truth....
For some reason, and it's okay to say I'm wrong since I might very well be, but I sense strong-arm tactics being used.

I think you are right in that they believe he is implicated in Julia's demise and are using the *advertiser censored*, or suspicion of trafficking *advertiser censored* as a means to get warrants, etc. I'm all for it. LE wouldn't be putting their foot forward in this manner without due cause. They've been watching this dude apparently, and obviously have cause to do so. I'm with them on this.
And if he is suicidal, well...that speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Thanks, OldSteve. We will bounce a lot back and forth, I suspect.

I find what you write thoughtful and diverse opinion is welcomed. I'm confused about him...

I think this is what we are trying to sort out. Because someone is an alleged pedophile, does that automatically make them a prime candidate to be a murderer or offender of some other nature? I don't know the answer to that, and I don't know if there are any studies that could give us answers. That said, I would err on the cautious side and suggest YES, there is a correlation between pedophiles and other societal offenses, and let the legal system prove out otherwise.

Ahh, but I disagree. There is a skeleton in my closet to let out. I had an uncle who was paid a visit by LE because he was being investigated for molesting his girlfriend's 8 yr. old daughter. Why he wasn't arrested right then, I don't know. I believe they were coming back with a warrant. He committed suicide that night. ( Brief version)

So, I do believe he could try suicide so he doesn't have to tell the truth and face the consequences. No need for strong-arm tactics if he has a conscience.

JMO, of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members