Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped cause I can't take it anymore

Looks like Maria got to visit.
Is she still considered part of the defense team? Looks like her work is done...

Someone had said she's "needed" until JSS gives the sentence...

I am way behind...for the sake of catching me up...can someone just post who Jennifer and Janet are? And what the deal is, in quick fashion? Thanks so much!

Jennifer is the deputy that overheard Janet, JSS's assistant saying that Juan should be stabbed 27 times, and cried after verdict. She was also seen speaking with Foreman from first trial, and T Kelley juror that got kicked off said Janet targeted certain jurors and help get them kicked off. Rumor has it she is close to MDLR.

I still find it amazing that J17 didn't even discuss her reasoning for not wanting to vote DP .. as in NOTHING.

MrsG- because I said I would:

FACTS – juror 17- Ex-husband- JM-current husband

17’s voir dire: “Met (Santino Alejandro) at 16. Together for 11 years.”

“(Alejandro) was sent to prison when we were separated, imprisoned for robbery, Verizon, shot at police.”
------------------

Offenses: 8/30/1998.

Delia Neal- original prosecutor: 11/1998-1/1999. Withdrew, conflict of interest.

10/13/1999 pretrial conference.

10/15/1999- (only “trial “date listed in case)

6 trial continued/reset dates in record.

Continuances- 4/16/99-5/2/2000, requested alternatively by both defendant and State.

On at least one of the dates a continuance was granted, JM and Alejandro were in court together. If both parties were in court for every continuance and trial reset dates in the record, they would have been in court together on 19 days (including pretrial conference and 1 trial day) between September 1999 and May 10, 2000 when he was sentenced.

Final Charge: Attempted Burglary, 2nd degree

Date for Plea bargain: 5/3/2000 (by prosecutor’s motion- JM)

Dismissed by JM: aggravated assault, drive by shooting, murder 1st degree

Sentence: Maricopa County Jail, for a period of four months , November 29, 2000 and not be released until March 28, 2001.

--------------
They may or may not have been separated at the time of sentencing, as 17 said in voir dire, but they were not married yet either. They were married afterwards, on May 29, 2000.

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/03/jodi-arias-just-when-you-thought-it-was.html

17 and S. Alejandro Divorce Proceedings began 11/2009

Were divorced on 2/18/2010
-------
17’s current husband:

Voir dire: “met online, dated 6 months, he had been out of prison for 3-4 years.”

Husband’s 1st offense: attempted armed robbery, 4/4/97, given probation on 12/4/97

Husband’s second offense 6/12/2003

Sentenced: 2 years-- Admission Date: 1/09/2003. Release Date: 4/11/2007

If 17’s dates are accurate, she began dating second husband mid-2010 or mid-2011.

Jennifer is the deputy that overheard Janet, JSS's assistant saying that Juan should be stabbed 27 times, and cried after verdict. She was also seen speaking with Foreman from first trial, and T Kelley juror that got kicked off said Janet targeted certain jurors and help get them kicked off. Rumor has it she is close to MDLR.

Thank you!

Yes Val, I find this whole statement strange. She is basically saying JSS warned them right after the verdict that the court had failed to protect their information and identities. Just don't know what to make of that!

This is a weird statement. I don't understand how it happened that way—they weren't home yet. I'd like to hear what the other jurors say about that warning and what the judge actually said and when she said it.

I am way behind...for the sake of catching me up...can someone just post who Jennifer and Janet are? And what the deal is, in quick fashion? Thanks so much!

Ok, I will give it a shot for ya. Apparently Janet (JSS' court assistant) was overheard by Jennifer (baliff?) during the first trial saying that Juan needed to be stabbed 27 times-which was relayed to JM, it was also reported that Janet was heard telling the foreman Z that Travis' murderer should have been charged with 2nd degree murder. All of this was reported to JSS and apparently there was a meeting in-chambers about it, which was revealed in the recently released video of a sealed hearing dated 10-6 (I think?). Oh yeah, and as the long-timers know it was reported that Janet cried when the verdict was read during the first trial. Finally, it appears that the original juror17 (Tara Kelley) has broken her silence to confirm some very disturbing things about Janet. HTH

This is a weird statement. I don't understand how it happened that way—they weren't home yet. I'd like to hear what the other jurors say about that warning and what the judge actually said and when she said it.

Exactly Daisy, unfortunately I can not lend J17 any credibility given what has transpired with her, so I too would like to hear from the other jurors as to what actually happened with JSS's alleged "warning".

This is very bothersome also. I am going to have to believe that JSS will handle this matter. I think that is why she put this information on the record. Someone is not telling the truth because it can't be both ways. It is my opinion we will never know.

Thank you Hope4More that makes it easier to understand once laid out like that .. it really does seem unlikely that she wasn't aware of who he was, if she truly didn't know she'd not have just omitted that one particular case in regards to her ex as Lambchop stated.

Ok, I will give it a shot for ya. Apparently Janet (JSS' court assistant) was overheard by Jennifer (baliff?) during the first trial saying that Juan needed to be stabbed 27 times-which was relayed to JM, it was also reported that Janet was heard telling the foreman Z that Travis' murderer should have been charged with 2nd degree murder. All of this was reported to JSS and apparently their was a meeting in-chambers about it, which was revealed in the recently released video of a sealed hearing dated 10-6 (I think?). Oh yeah, and as the long-timers know it was reported that Janet cried when the verdict was read during the first trial. Finally, it appears that the original juror17 (Tara Kelley) has broken her silence to confirm so very disturbing things about Janet. HTH

That totally helps, thanks so much!

Ok, I will give it a shot for ya. Apparently Janet (JSS' court assistant) was overheard by Jennifer (baliff?) during the first trial saying that Juan needed to be stabbed 27 times-which was relayed to JM, it was also reported that Janet was heard telling the foreman Z that Travis' murderer should have been charged with 2nd degree murder. All of this was reported to JSS and apparently their was a meeting in-chambers about it, which was revealed in the recently released video of a sealed hearing dated 10-6 (I think?). Oh yeah, and as the long-timers know it was reported that Janet cried when the verdict was read during the first trial. Finally, it appears that the original juror17 (Tara Kelley) has broken her silence to confirm so very disturbing things about Janet. HTH

More convoluted than a Grisham novel. Bet none of the players are very happy that all this is finally coming out. Secret courts and all. SO glad Arizona SS put their foot down.

Wonder if Flores is still working on getting #17's Facebook records...

MrsG- because I said I would:

FACTS – juror 17- Ex-husband- JM-current husband

17’s voir dire: “Met (Santino Alejandro) at 16. Together for 11 years.”

“(Alejandro) was sent to prison when we were separated, imprisoned for robbery, Verizon, shot at police.”
------------------

Offenses: 8/30/1998.

Delia Neal- original prosecutor: 11/1998-1/1999. Withdrew, conflict of interest.

10/13/1999 pretrial conference.

10/15/1999- (only “trial “date listed in case)

6 trial continued/reset dates in record.

Continuances- 4/16/99-5/2/2000, requested alternatively by both defendant and State.

On at least one of the dates a continuance was granted, JM and Alejandro were in court together. If both parties were in court for every continuance and trial reset dates in the record, they would have been in court together on 19 days (including pretrial conference and 1 trial day) between September 1999 and May 10, 2000 when he was sentenced.

Final Charge: Attempted Burglary, 2nd degree

Date for Plea bargain: 5/3/2000 (by prosecutor’s motion- JM)

Dismissed by JM: aggravated assault, drive by shooting, murder 1st degree

Sentence: Maricopa County Jail, for a period of four months , November 29, 2000 and not be released until March 28, 2001.

--------------
They may or may not have been separated at the time of sentencing, as 17 said in voir dire, but they were not married yet either. They were married afterwards, on May 29, 2000.

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/03/jodi-arias-just-when-you-thought-it-was.html

17 and S. Alejandro Divorce Proceedings began 11/2009

Were divorced on 2/18/2010
-------
17’s current husband:

Voir dire: “met online, dated 6 months, he had been out of prison for 3-4 years.”

Husband’s 1st offense: attempted armed robbery, 4/4/97, given probation on 12/4/97

Husband’s second offense 6/12/2003

Sentenced: 2 years-- Admission Date: 1/09/2003. Release Date: 4/11/2007

If 17’s dates are accurate, she began dating second husband mid-2010 or mid-2011.

The original charge in 1999 was murder, wasn't it?

Seems like it would be unlikely for that to just not come to mind when possibly being seated on a jury in a murder sentencing trial.

This is very bothersome also. I am going to have to believe that JSS will handle this matter. I think that is why she put this information on the record. Someone is not telling the truth because it can't be both ways. It is my opinion we will never know.

Was it Juan or JSS that wanted it on the record? Can't remember. Janet should not have been put in charge of 2nd jury if JSS was prudent. Why would Jennifer have any reason to lie.

Ok, I will give it a shot for ya. Apparently Janet (JSS' court assistant) was overheard by Jennifer (baliff?) during the first trial saying that Juan needed to be stabbed 27 times-which was relayed to JM, it was also reported that Janet was heard telling the foreman Z that Travis' murderer should have been charged with 2nd degree murder. All of this was reported to JSS and apparently there was a meeting in-chambers about it, which was revealed in the recently released video of a sealed hearing dated 10-6 (I think?). Oh yeah, and as the long-timers know it was reported that Janet cried when the verdict was read during the first trial. Finally, it appears that the original juror17 (Tara Kelley) has broken her silence to confirm some very disturbing things about Janet. HTH

Thanks Mindmatters, I too have been attempting to catch up and as a result have missed some pertinent information such as the info Tara Kelly recently provided.

Can you assist further by providing additional info on what Tara had to say or provide a link? TIA

You would think... anyway, still going through the paperwork but in this one, dated 2002, she was not only in court but spoke in her first hb's defense. By then the prosecutor was no long JM, though it certainly seems she would have been familiar enough with the court by that time that she would have known who JM was by then.:moo: http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/112002/m0820563.pdf

In the above document ; she ( juror #17) spoke on his behalf so she had to have been there..

Im sure other cases have had side stuff going on but this is just nuts. The past week my kids have had Spring Break so I feel so out of the loop as today is my first day of really being able to read without interruptions. So we have Juror 17 ( who some think is hinky... including me) and now we have some other court employee in some fishy stuff.

I'm skipping Miccio-Fonseca being questioned by Nurmi. Let me know if there's anything interesting there that we didn't get from Twitter. Wow, she's tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member