GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two hours? That's very strange, it's usually not long, a prayer, and if anyone has anything to say, then they're walked back into the sanctuary.
I have no clue, but I took it to mean they had the two hours with him before the funeral. That is not at all uncommon here.

Meemaw we didn't want his life to be our news story either. They made it everyone's news story. Sick.

Yes! I would have been happy to have never heard of Noah, Ashley or Paul. I wish Noah was still watching cartoons and playing with Pokemon cards while the "best parents ever, hands down" conspired about making his basket and getting Baby A ready for her 1st Easter. I don't want to talk about them. I don't want to know them. I wish there had never been reason for any of us to know them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The police presence at Noah's funeral and the actions of placing their patches on his little coffin would make any druggie nervous as heck!
and any guilty person would want the **** out of there! Yep, I bet there were bugs placed so when this couple was alone everything could be heard on tape.
LE was smarter than anyone gave them credit for.

I thought determining bail was supposed to be a part of the arraignment. Is it just because today is a bank holiday that it couldn't be done today?

I think a bond hearing will have to come out of Pulaski co, where offenses occurred, but honestly don't know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes! I would have been happy to have never heard of Noah, Ashley or Paul. I wish Noah was still watching cartoons and playing with Pokemon cards while the "best parents ever, hands down" conspired about making his basket and getting Baby A ready for her 1st Easter. I don't want to talk about them. I don't want to know them. I wish there had never been reason for any of us to know them.

Absolutely!

Said Thomas: “I don’t want my life to be their news story.”

http://m.roanoke.com/news/crime/pul...c88-fd81-5c66-b2fb-ed81f8451313.html?mode=jqm

The way I read this article, their attorney was not present?

Also
Thomas also asked during the arraignment if he could receive bond. But Dalton replied that he “can’t get one today,” and that will have to be scheduled with Pulaski County.

I partly agree too... I don't hate them. I'm furious. But I won't excuse anything they did.

I have to say this, because I misunderstood the first poster's post, that pattip quoted. I don't think they deserve sympathy because now people are "jumping on them". Remember what they did to Noah. He was 5. He likely didn't understand that he was about to die, and when he realized it, it was probably the "saddest" thing in his short life, when he realized his Mommy didn't love him like he loved her.

Said Thomas: “I don’t want my life to be their news story.”

http://m.roanoke.com/news/crime/pul...c88-fd81-5c66-b2fb-ed81f8451313.html?mode=jqm

The way I read this article, their attorney was not present?

Also
Thomas also asked during the arraignment if he could receive bond. But Dalton replied that he “can’t get one today,” and that will have to be scheduled with Pulaski County.

Yes. Neither attorney was present. White stated she believed she had an attorney, and Thomas stated that he did have one - but it seems clear neither attended.

I thought determining bail was supposed to be a part of the arraignment. Is it just because today is a bank holiday that it couldn't be done today?
I do not know but I would think a bail bondsman works 24/7. This couple was being held with no bond and I think the judge said not now either sorry.................go straight back to jail.
Now we all know in jail people hate child killers and abusers, then I am sure by now the other prisoners heard of the septic grave.................I would think jail will be VERY BAD for these 2.

If they go to court today and plead guilty to the abuse and neglect charges, they can still be charged with murder or a higher level charge for what happened to Noah. Right? I would love the lawyers here to help me understand if there is any risk in the state adding charges later on.

I do not think they are pleading today. And, yes, when the autopsy is complete, I am sure the CW attorney will file charges regarding Noah's death based on these facts.

Since many 6 month olds are at least somewhat mobile, maybe the baby was also mobile and unsupervised while she napped. I don't think most 6 month olds get up at 7 a.m. and then go back down for 2.5 hours at 8.

And, I think she is 9 months old, which was almost certainly guarantee that she was mobile, and less likely to sleep for 3 hours after being up 1 hour or so after a full night's sleep. My 6 month old just went down for a nap.. I'll be lucky if he sleeps 45 minutes.

Yes. Neither attorney was present. White stated she believed she had an attorney, and Thomas stated that he did have one - but it seems clear neither attended.

The downside of killing your child and needing a lawyer on a day that most people already have plans ...

Maybe the baby is underweight/malnourished.

You know, I didn't see any photos of the baby on either fb page or elsewhere. Maybe I looked too late, after everything was made private. Angel also never saw the baby.. wasn't aware there was one. No telling how she was being cared for.

Maybe the baby is underweight/malnourished.
born with substance abuse? marks or bruises? dirty conditions?
In Pittsburgh news this morning a couple arrested for Heroin and the children taken away.............oh my word the photos were horrifying of the house.
I bet on entering the mobile home, LE needed to get the baby out of there asap BUT had to get proper CPS documents and search warrants etc and that took 1 day.
They saved that little girl, thankfully!

You know, I didn't see any photos of the baby on either fb page or elsewhere. Maybe I looked too late, after everything was made private. Angel also never saw the baby.. wasn't aware there was one. No telling how she was being cared for.

I had seen a pic of Noah holding the baby girl - she looked to be about a month old.

Standing ovation!

I have no sympathy. They are 30 ish years old and had the choice NOT to takes drugs if that is the case. If Noah died because of their negligence they didn't have to put him in a septic tank. They disgust me.

I don't know this family. I agree with you, strawb.. I am not sure there was a deliberate act of abuse, rather a gross negligence that led to Noah doing something that caused his death. Could be something left out (gun, drugs, etc) that he could have gotten into. Once he was indeed dead, it's possible they panicked and disposed of him. I'm sure they weren't thinking clearly.... That being said, I don't believe they take satisfaction in his death. As for hating them, I just can't do it. I do believe this is the worst thing, the saddest thing, the (insert word here) thing that has ever happened and due to poor decisions, many lives are changed, one is ended and a baby's life is disrupted. Whatever happened, Noah payed the ultimate price. For that, I'm sad, angry, etc.. but hateful, can't do it.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't read any hatred toward them. However, I don't think if it looked like an accident that they would have removed the baby so fast. We don't know what happened yet, but to whomever hurt that sweet baby, hell is to good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009