GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please not make the lid the bad guy here? The lid was bolted on with special bolts and covered with sod. Noah did not dig the lid up, unbolt it with his toy screwdriver then fall in and magic everything back in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no - hope I didn't imply that by my post. There are only two people responsible IMO for what happened to Noah as evidenced by the charges already brought forth on Paul and Ashley. There is no way possible I think Noah would have accidentally fallen in that place. He had roamed the yard for years and it never happened.

Oh no - hope I didn't imply that by my post. There are only two people responsible IMO for what happened to Noah as evidenced by the charges already brought forth on Paul and Ashley. There is no way possible I think Noah would have accidentally fallen in that place. He had roamed the yard for years and it never happened.

Your post made me chuckle. It sounded exactly like something I would have done. A poster who shall remain nameless got curious enough to go look down her vent pipe yesterday and may or may not have thought she saw a water slide.

Your post made me chuckle. It sounded exactly like something I would have done. A poster who shall remain nameless got curious enough to go look down her vent pipe yesterday and may or may not have thought she saw a water slide.

That was told in confidence, I'm pretty sure. [emoji6]

I am an administrator in the educational system. I have attended a number of funerals for children and adults that I don't know. It was out of respect for the families in my district. If I worked in Noah's district I would have attended as well. Now, I would never have posted on FB or anywhere else about the behavior of the parents or anyone else for that matter.

I would assume both parents knew an arrest was imminent. Why would the parents be in the third row? My guess is that the whole family knew of the charges and worked with the parents and LE about them being there with a very low profile role. I would also guess that sitting by the exit was also a safety issue if someone wanted to come after them based on what many conjectured they did. Not arresting the parents before the funeral allowed the extended family to have a dignified service with less drama--maybe LE did it for the family and Noah rather than the parents.

True, and LE was a very visible presence in number there and at the cemetary.

I had already explained to my son what happened to Noah so he would check the safety of it, but my DIL was looking like I had lost my mind. Oh well - a woman on a mission. :websleuther:

You're right but I feel like Courtney has taken a beating and she doesn't deserve it. Despite seeking admin approval before posting her motives have been questioned and her honesty called into question. I have a hard time remaining silent about that.
FTR, I didn't "know" Courtney before Noah. If we have posted on the same cases together before I don't recall them. On every case I usually "meet" new posters that I just take to and know I'll stay in touch with. That is my trick for not letting all the bad swallow me. Out of the bad I allow myself to also remember the friends I made and what they add to my life. Courtney is one of several people that have made these threads a little less sad and that matters to me.

I left on page two and got back and it was six pages. I jumped on to post about checking out the septic tank lid and now have read backwards so just saw this post. Thank you! When Courtney has not answered questions, then she gets hounded for not answering - kind of a darned if you do; darned if you don't. I, like you have made many friends since I started posting here. Looking back I believe I stumbled into a very nice group of people on the first case I posted on, and I just assumed all threads would be like that. Its been eye-opening to say the least.

I do appreciate all of the insight Courtney has brought and admire her tenacity.

It is very common for people to come to a funeral when they don't know the family or the child.

I agree. Different people may have known of the family in casual small town contact but not actually *know* the family. Kids who rode the same bus. Customers at the diner. Also, often times, members of the church where the service was held attend funerals of people who they did not necessarily know but they go to offer prayer. A church is a community. Even if AW & PT did not attend that church, if the service was held there, members of that church often participate.

I just want to say that for anyone questioning my "motives"... Boo to that. I wish I'd never heard of Noah. I wish he had stayed some kid that Angel and her family knew.. One that they forgot about over the years. I think that is explanation enough, not that I owe anyone one.

I think it bears pointing out again that Courtney got permission to share with us what she shared before the arrests. And it's not like she joined this site the day Noah went missing. She was here, she has a general interest in this site and in this type of discussion. I would assume most of us would proffer information if we suddenly found ourselves affected by or connected to a case that popped up. She isn't the only member who, having already been on WS, discovered they had some unique insight to offer on the forum.

With the Easter weekend being here, my thoughts keep going to little Noah and how he should still be here to enjoy egg hunts and an Easter basket with lots of goodies. Love to you little angel boy:heartluv:

With the Easter weekend being here, my thoughts keep going to little Noah and how he should still be here to enjoy egg hunts and an Easter basket with lots of goodies. Love to you little angel boy:heartluv:

I keep seeing everyone post Easter Bunny and egg coloring pics on FB and normally I love it since my kids are too old but I don't feel that joy right now.

I know what you mean vasport. I keep seeing a certain little smiling face...that's no longer with us.

Don't have time to get in a discussion however I'm wondering if it's possible to put a couple Yale stainless padlocks on each side of the lid

I need to post this before I go to bed. Someone posted something on the last thread that I can't stop thinking about- about listening to the details for Noah. So often it is so hard to hear the details. The horror of it makes you want to turn away or turn it off or tune it out. The thing is, when a "story" with real watered down facts is so horrible, then imagine what it was like actually living it. As an adult, I can barely handle to hear the things that happen to children, but this little child had to actually live through it! I am going to try my best to sit through all of the details and not turn away from any of them. It will be my way to honor and support Noah with what he went through. If he had to physically be there, I can be strong enough to hear his story. I want to feel like he is being validated and has someone standing next to him, for once in his life. Those who should have protected him failed him and he was all alone. He was. He was all alone and put inside of a cr** box. I will hear his story in his honor and give him the compassion and support he should have had in life. I am so sorry you had to experience that, Noah. You saw a side of evil that most of us will luckily never see in our entire lives.

I'm not even sure I am making sense in writing, but in my own head, I know what I mean!

Very well said. Thank you.

Do we know if the lid to this septic tank was buried under sod/grass? Do we know if it did require any tools to remove it? And IF it was covered with sod/grass originally, did anyone not notice that the sod/grass had been disturbed? I've read so many things here about the septic tank, the different types etc., but do we know for sure just what type of septic tank it was and was it covered or not, etc?? TIA

I believe it's post 620 in the last thread. Although it doesn't say he's afraid of women. It's referring to one specific woman who thought Noah acted "almost scared" of her. As far as I know, I haven't read anything saying he was afraid of all women.

Thanks. I read that post. I agree with you, I have read nothing saying he was afraid of women or didn't like women. All I saw was a comment about his interaction with one womAN. BIG difference. So either I have missed it, the pot is being stirred, people are twisting words or something else.

We only know what the man that pumped the septic said, and what the reporter said she saw after she walked the scene.
I will see if I can find he articles referencing both.

Courtney also has a picture from when her cousin lived in the house below him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member