Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

EllieBee - I noticed that, too. They mentioned his love of sports, his family, his friends, his job - but no real mention of his girlfriend.
At the very least, it was minimized.
She was the last person to see him, and we can only go by what she tells us.
They could have had a huge fight and he stormed out. Or maybe they had a fight, he played video games for a while to "zone out" and he was just too upset.
We just don't know.

I hate cases where suicide seems so unlikely....but a murder seems equally as unlikely. Grrrr!!!

I am from GA but also a friend of mine, is close with the Nash family, I guess because of these things, I just can't get Kelly off my mind. I watched the show last night as well, and then literally thought about it all night. So many unanswered questions.

I will say, those of you that pointed out we never know what is going through someone's mind, that is so accurate. Last August, a friend of mine from high school committed suicide. This was a woman that lived for her kids and husband. Her daughter was her best friend. Her daughter was supposed to close on her new home, and get married two weeks after the suicide. She was the last person you would expect this from. She used a gun and shot herself right in the family living room, and her daughter found her. Everyone that spoke to her that day said she seemed happy and fine.

The part with Kelly that bugs me the most, is walking a mile in thin clothing and then shooting himself. It is just so bizarre. I can't begin to imagine how those left behind must feel.

I'm trying to understand the sequencing:
Maybe he started to feel despondent and grabbed his gun, then walked towards his Dad's house.
(no clue why he wouldn't have driven on this cold, dark night/early morning)
What I wonder is: did he go into the lake and shoot himself?
Did he shoot himself on the bank of the lake knowing he would fall in?

Any ideas sleuths?

Maybe he started to feel despondent and grabbed his gun, then walked towards his Dad's house.

Any ideas sleuths?

Walking there in thin PJ pants is another thing bugging my mind ("Tallulah" mentioned this also, above), and it just adds to the mystery of this...wish I had some insightful ideas, but I don't get it either (I'm still considering mindset or medication issue being possible)...however, when I expressed that I was bothered by the door being left opened, Kristi mentioned one possibility being that he might have been trying not to wake up the dog(s) at their house, so I guess one idea for not taking a vehicle would be along the same lines -- the overall idea being him wanting to sneak out without alerting GF or dog(s).

But then I can't really make that fit with walking toward his Dad's house to do this, IYKWIM. Pretty much, I am not able to make this fit in a way that is understandable. I realize that someone's mindset may account for none of this making sense to us, but it could be that this isn't making sense because something else occurred. :thinking: I think I need to watch the ID show again.

ETA: Sorry. I realize I got sidetracked on your specific Q's. I remember (from ID show) that tracking dogs (I believe three?) hit on his scent on a dock at the lake (someone pls. correct me if I got that wrong)...so I guess (hate even typing this out, ugh) shooting self at end of dock and falling into water is a possibility. As for shooting self while in the lake, I would like to know water level (range)...will see if that info is on this thread or can find.

***I found a lot of info online about this lake, but I don't want to throw a bum (or confusing info) link out to you guys (tons of corp engineers stats, etc.), so I will check the links out more thoroughly when back from work later. There are also great locals on this thread :wave:, so they may have a more practical answer about the lake water levels (TIA, if anyone knows). I guess I'm thinking if self-inflicted, it would have to be something that occurred at the end of a long dock (dogs hit on one also)...though not necessarily. Ugh, it's all so perplexing.***

Any ideas sleuths?

Very valid questions. If he shot himself on the bank of the lake, my thought is maybe he walked in the water a ways. Otherwise, I believe they would have found the gun on the ground. If he shot himself on an edge of a dock, there's a chance the gun would have landed on the dock and not in the water. I guess the million dollar question is if they were able to recover the firearm and if they were able to determine he was shot with his own. Back in January, they never seemed to confirm either way if his gun was missing. The show confirmed it was.

With what the public knows about Kelly, suicide just seems so unlikely. But, then again we don't know what was going on in his mind. I guess there is a chance he was murdered with his own gun. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

IMO, you only leave your house in the middle of the night with a gun to either end your life or protect it. Of course, we can always speculate whether he left willingly too. No obvious signs of a struggle were evident, but that doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't one.

At this point, I find it difficult to rule anything out. So bizarre. Until the gunshot wound info was released, I just thought he fell into the lake and drowned due to disorientation of some sort.

I am from the area in Gwinnett county and although I did not know Kelly personally, it hits home. Me and my family spend majority of summers on Lake Lanier. Personally, I have always felt that the girlfriend knew more then she was telling. It was confirmed for me in the dissapeared episode because of all the contradictions. If she heard him turn off his xbox, then why was it still on in the morning? Also, the way she was being so specific with details(his blanket was here, his controller was here) made it seem to me that she thought alot about her story and what to say to everyone. One of 3 scenarios seem likley to me...1 being the cold medicine theory that he was disoriented and didnt know what was going on. Taking too much cold medicine (Robotussin, cordecedin) and hallucinating is actually a thing that kids do recreationally in this area, so for it to happen accidentally seems possible.Kelly's girlfriend was involved or knows something. Was she cheating, were they fighting, did she kill him or he kill himself because of that? Were they doing drugs together secretly and he went out to meet his dealer (would explain why he brought the gun) and 3rd...My friends dad knows Kelly's dad Alan, and he said Alan told him that Kelly was to testify in an upcoming murder trial. I do not know if there is any truth to that because I haven't heard it from him myself. It could be one of the many rumors going around. As for him being seen on surveillance at the gas station at 4am, that's just completely mind boggling. I cannot fathom the suicide theory. No one gets that pissed off at thier video game and then decides to shoot himself. If he was having issues in his life that no one knew about, that makes the drug scenario all the more likely. Trust me, there is alot of drugs in the area.

I'm not sure if this is already on the thread or not (my iPad blinks out on a lot), but here is an excerpt from the TV program (featuring Kelly) that's been discussed on the thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMX6STLJcf0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

After seeing this excerpt again, I'm actually having an even harder time believing this is a suicide. But like others have said on this thread, it's not like there's anything specific to indicate foul play either. It's almost like I'd be more inclined to believe some bizarre case of sleepwalking, but it's all so hard to imagine...:confused:

At this point, I just feel for the pain and confusion that his loved ones/friends are undoubtedly going through. Terrible loss, coupled by not knowing what on earth happened. If they get any indication that it could be foul play, LE will be unraveling that. But after viewing the surveillance tape portion in the TV excerpt above, *if* that was even him passing by that store...he'd have been walking in the middle of the night in his PJ pants in January, while feeling ill, possibly carrying a gun a pretty long way (say what?!)...I would *think* that would have stuck out to someone driving by him.

It's all so strange...and sad. :(

Law enforcement is speaking volumes... in that it has been over 2 months and the cause of death and manner of death has not been released yet .

Saying VOLUMES to me ....

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I am from the area in Gwinnett county and although I did not know Kelly personally, it hits home. Me and my family spend majority of summers on Lake Lanier. Personally, I have always felt that the girlfriend knew more then she was telling. It was confirmed for me in the dissapeared episode because of all the contradictions. If she heard him turn off his xbox, then why was it still on in the morning? Also, the way she was being so specific with details(his blanket was here, his controller was here) made it seem to me that she thought alot about her story and what to say to everyone. One of 3 scenarios seem likley to me...1 being the cold medicine theory that he was disoriented and didnt know what was going on. Taking too much cold medicine (Robotussin, cordecedin) and hallucinating is actually a thing that kids do recreationally in this area, so for it to happen accidentally seems possible.Kelly's girlfriend was involved or knows something. Was she cheating, were they fighting, did she kill him or he kill himself because of that? Were they doing drugs together secretly and he went out to meet his dealer (would explain why he brought the gun) and 3rd...My friends dad knows Kelly's dad Alan, and he said Alan told him that Kelly was to testify in an upcoming murder trial. I do not know if there is any truth to that because I haven't heard it from him myself. It could be one of the many rumors going around. As for him being seen on surveillance at the gas station at 4am, that's just completely mind boggling. I cannot fathom the suicide theory. No one gets that pissed off at thier video game and then decides to shoot himself. If he was having issues in his life that no one knew about, that makes the drug scenario all the more likely. Trust me, there is alot of drugs in the area.

Thank you! Thank you! I am so glad I am not the only one who thought his gf was overly specific in the placement of items. I have watched the program many times and the more I watch, the harder it is for me to think it's suicide.

Very interesting about the possibility that he was testifying in an upcoming murder case. If true, that could certainly be a motive for murder. I hope LE will me making an official statement soon and I hope the family will get the closure they deserve.

Law enforcement is speaking volumes... in that it has been over 2 months and the cause of death and manner of death has not been released yet .

Saying VOLUMES to me ....

Please, enlighten us with your thoughts! :)

All the contradictions are so confusing to me. Why did law enforcement say that foul play was ruled out even AFTER the body was found. They would have known before an official statement was made that there was a gunshot wound. I do know that Jessica was not the one who found him. There was a 17 year old girl that lived at the residence where the dock was located. She took a picture of the body and was showing it to people around town. She even posted it to twitter before she realized how insensitive that was. I don't want to be gruesome or insensitive myself but in the photo, kelly was floating sort of on his side and there was either a wound at the top/back of his head, or the fish were just eating it. Could that have been where the gunshot wound was? As for the water levels, Lake lanier at its fullest is 1,071 ft. At the time he went missing it was only 1.8 ft below normal level.

All the contradictions are so confusing to me. Why did law enforcement say that foul play was ruled out even AFTER the body was found. They would have known before an official statement was made that there was a gunshot wound. I do know that Jessica was not the one who found him. There was a 17 year old girl that lived at the residence where the dock was located. She took a picture of the body and was showing it to people around town. She even posted it to twitter before she realized how insensitive that was. I don't want to be gruesome or insensitive myself but in the photo, kelly was floating sort of on his side and there was either a wound at the top/back of his head, or the fish were just eating it. Could that have been where the gunshot wound was? As for the water levels, Lake lanier at its fullest is 1,071 ft. At the time he went missing it was only 1.8 ft below normal level.

Thank you again! Yes, it is perplexing how LE was set on "no foul play" in the beginning and now they can't rule it out. Perhaps, decomposition was so bad and they couldn't inititally determine upon first glance if a wound to the head was a gunshot or not. That much time in the water must make an autopsy difficult.

I had also read that is was a teenager that took the photo and posted it on SM. That is so unfortunate that many people saw it.

<respectfully snipped>
As for the water levels, Lake lanier at its fullest is 1,071 ft. At the time he went missing it was only 1.8 ft below normal level.

Thanks, "thevoice." I should have been more clear about what I was asking, regarding LL's "water level" (I worded that poorly)...I was just wondering what the approximate depth of the water is at the end of LL's docks. But I'm not expecting you to know that offhand, and I will see what I can find online.:)

Thank you again! Yes, it is perplexing how LE was set on "no foul play" in the beginning and now they can't rule it out. Perhaps, decomposition was so bad and they couldn't inititally determine upon first glance if a wound to the head was a gunshot or not. That much time in the water must make an autopsy difficult.

I had also read that is was a teenager that took the photo and posted it on SM. That is so unfortunate that many people saw it.

I thought the exact same thing, that he probably would not be in the greatest shape being in water for a month. I didn't see the photo myself but I know a few people who did and they all say it still looked like him so the cold temperature must have preserved him in some way. I think there is crucial details that we just don't know.

I'm sorry I misunderstood regarding the water level. That would be hard to know without knowing the cove itself. They are all different. It would also help to know how far into the cove the dock he was found at was. The closer it is to the end, the more shallow the water would be and when the water level goes down even a little, the water is almost non existent in some of them. I wish I knew the address so I could google map the location. Shadburn Ferry rd goes down a peninsula so I don't which side he was found on.

I thought the exact same thing, that he probably would not be in the greatest shape being in water for a month. I didn't see the photo myself but I know a few people who did and they all say it still looked like him so the cold temperature must have preserved him in some way. I think there is crucial details that we just don't know.

Like what he was wearing we found is one little detail I want to know?

Thank you! Thank you! I am so glad I am not the only one who thought his gf was overly specific in the placement of items. I have watched the program many times and the more I watch, the harder it is for me to think it's suicide.

Very interesting about the possibility that he was testifying in an upcoming murder case. If true, that could certainly be a motive for murder. I hope LE will me making an official statement soon and I hope the family will get the closure they deserve.

I have seen nothing about a murder case.. can you please provide a link or information.

TIA

If he was to testify in a murder case, I think it would have come out officially. It often has before, in missing persons cases. Jmo

Everyone I know who saw it has told me he was still in the exact clothing from the surveillance video(Pajama pants and T shirt) As I said before, I live in the area and have only heard rumors. The information about him possibly being schedule to testify in a murder trial I cannot say is 100% fact. I wish I knew more facts then rumors. The lack of information from LE is making them run rampant. There's something so weird going on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back