WA - Nava Baker, 3, beaten to death, mom & BF charged, 9 June 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
A 3-year-old Washington state girl was beaten severely for weeks and suffered fractures and at least 20 bruises all over her body before she died, court documents said.

The girl’s 21-year-old mother has been arrested for investigation of murder, KTLA sister station KCPQ reported. She did not appear in court Thursday, waiving her right to be there.

But court documents said the medical examiner counted at least 20 bruises on the the body of the little girl, the Seattle-area television station reported.

A prosecutor told the court the girl not only had bruises but fractures all over her body, too. Officials say the injuries prove extensive abuse.
http://ktla.com/2015/06/13/police-s...eaten-by-mother-for-weeks-before-her-death-2/

I scrolled past this one fast, as I don't think I can handle it. Of course, I am back. This is just too sad!!

Cases like this sicken me, and make me tempted to emote angrily about how the evil mother responsible - if guilty - deserves this or that horrible torture. But rationally, if she is indeed guilty of this horror - as appears highly likely at the moment - she ought to get LWOP, pure and simple. For taking the life of her own young child in so brutal a way she doesn't deserve to ever see the outside of a prison again.

Two points that struck my attention. Firstly, the medical evidence suggests that the child was dead for hours before anyone was called. The extreme callousness of that fact - laced with selfish worry only about the consequences for herself, probably - just adds to the horror of this.

The second point is that the woman's partner testified that he saw her beating the child with a belt and even her own fists. All of which immediately begs the question - why the hell didn't HE do anythinbg to stop it? His failure here makes him culpable too in my opinion. But some kind of deal probably needs to be done with the guy to get him a lighter sentence in order to get his full testimony against her. But he needs to do some jail time I think.

Cases like this sicken me, and make me tempted to emote angrily about how the evil mother responsible - if guilty - deserves this or that horrible torture. But rationally, if she is indeed guilty of this horror - as appears highly likely at the moment - she ought to get LWOP, pure and simple. For taking the life of her own young child in so brutal a way she doesn't deserve to ever see the outside of a prison again.

Two points that struck my attention. Firstly, the medical evidence suggests that the child was dead for hours before anyone was called. The extreme callousness of that fact - laced with selfish worry only about the consequences for herself, probably - just adds to the horror of this.

The second point is that the woman's partner testified that he saw her beating the child with a belt and even her own fists. All of which immediately begs the question - why the hell didn't HE do anythinbg to stop it? His failure here makes him culpable too in my opinion. But some kind of deal probably needs to be done with the guy to get him a lighter sentence in order to get his full testimony against her. But he needs to do some jail time I think.

I agree with everything you said. - So Angry!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back