Found Deceased MI - Omarion Humphrey, 8, Lake Callis, 4 Jul 2015

I have so many thoughts running through my head, I just am going to throw them out here...

1. I don't really find it odd that dad has hired an attorney. It could be to make sure Omarion isn't placed back into another foster home when found, or possible dad wasn't involved before now and for obvious reasons wants to step up and take custody as soon as he is hopefully found.

2. Foster parents typically have experience with a variety of ages, personalities, and possibly disabilities. I believe I read that these foster parents have 13 other children. (??) If so, I question why foster parents would take thier family to a very public location on the Fourth of July. I realize families want to have fun, etc., but if Omarion tends to wander, why not choose a better suitable place.

3. Most importantly, I can't help but strange about the four warnings to supervise him more carefully. Omarion appears unsuperivsed to the point that others tell management, or maybe mangement noticed on thier own, and the foster parents are spoken to about it. So what are the chances that nobody saw him wander away. I realize it is definately possibly, but I can't help but feel it is ironic that the lack of superivision would be noticed to the point of the parents being warned and then not a single person sees him wander off. Which then leads my thoughts to the fact that he didn't wander off. He walked off with an adult. A situation that appeared to be on the up and up to the others visiting the park. Were the foster parents possibly involved with Omarion possibly leaving with someone? Were the foster parents having difficulty taking care of him? What happens in this state if a foster parent gives up a foster child...do they lose the other foster children? Do they lose their funding?

4. And lastly, if this happened to be a plan and Omarion is with another adult somewhere, maybe that person has decided they aren't going to be a part of this...or another situation similar to whoever has him becoming scared of the publicity. Could it be that this person is going to put him back at the park somehow, knowing he might have trouble clearly communicating what all took place. This person could then provide a tip something to cause the investigators to implement a new detailed search tomorrow, thinking that he will be found and it will be assumed he has been hiding int he park all along.

Msl1966, Thank you for your thoughtful, intelligent post. Four excellent points.

A friend of mine who was in the park when the boy went missing said he believes a black woman walked out of the park with Omarion and that's why his disappearance wasn't noticed at the time he left. That is just his opinion. There was a tip that someone saw him in a white Impala but no one seems to be able to track down or identify the person who gave the tip and no one seems to have seen a white Impala. I kind of teeter back and forth between thinking he is hunkered down somewhere in the park and thinking that someone took him in a car--or found him wandering and grabbed him. This is a low crime area but there have been a couple of child abductions in this area in past years. Also, recently in our county there have been several alerts of men trying to pick up children from bus stops or the street. But I think all of them were after young girls and not boys.

I forgot to add that Crime Stoppers now has a $2,500 reward out for anyone leading police to the boy. I forgot to look and see if it was only for his safe return.

After reading through reports several times I have too many issues with this, but there's two details that I keep going back to.

Lack of supervision from the foster family aside …

1: Other than "wandering off/away" and the family being asked to supervise him several times, has anyone seen where it has been said what Omarion was actually doing while "wandering"?

Was he "wandering" over to other families bothering them?

Was he "wandering off" as in attempting to exit the park?

Was he "wandering" around like exploring the area?

2: I haven't seen it said how he might react under what could be taken as being a disciplinary action by any child, autistic or not.

Did the staff or whoever else was asking the foster family to supervise him say anything to him that might have made him want to get away from the area and hide?

Has there ever been a case of a severely disabled/non verbal child being abducted by a stranger?

The only one I can think of is Jennifer Schweiger back in 1981.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/03/n...-kidnapping-staten-island-girl-7-in-1981.html

I'm not even sure if she would qualify as severely disabled or not, I don't know what her function level was.

I just can't think of any kids on a cognitive level similar to Mars that have been abducted by a stranger.

(And I'm not talking about all these "autistic toddlers" that we still haven't found.)

Has there ever been a case of a severely disabled/non verbal child being abducted by a stranger?

The only one I can think of is Jennifer Schweiger back in 1981.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/03/n...-kidnapping-staten-island-girl-7-in-1981.html

I'm not even sure if she would qualify as severely disabled or not, I don't know what her function level was.

I just can't think of any kids on a cognitive level similar to Mars that have been abducted by a stranger.

(And I'm not talking about all these "autistic toddlers" that we still haven't found.)

Thank for this. I was wondering about that - how often severely disabled children are targeted by kidnappers. Such a sad case. I really hope he's found safe.

Has there been any mention of whether or not the biological parents/siblings knew that the foster family would be at Lake Callis Park with Omarion on Saturday, July 4? I'm wondering if the biological mother (or another family member) arranged for someone to intercept Omarion at the park that day. Could Mars have gone willingly with an adult whom he knew and trusted? I'm trying to consider possibilities other than the boy hiding, drowning, or having been abducted by a stranger.

The times that Omarion wandered away I think he mostly went to the splash pad. Someone said he didn't have a wrist band to get in there and his foster mom had to buy him one because he kept sneaking in there. I think the staff at the park just led him back to his family when they found him. One time he was missing for an hour before he was found in the splash pad. I don't know who was looking or how hard. One woman said that her son played with Omarion for awhile, and at one point he was playing in the sand by the splash pad and beach. I have never heard anything about him bothering anyone, only that he kept wandering away and was not supervised. As much as he loved the splash pad, I've wondered if turning on the splash pad would lure him out of hiding. The storage unit place where my daughter works is less than 2 miles from Callis Lake so I imagine tomorrow the FBI and police will make her open all the storage units so they can check them (there's a lot of units there). The helicopter was flying over our house for awhile tonight. If searchers want to check our backyard tomorrow I will have to keep all my big dogs in the house. Our backyard has a privacy fence and a locked gate and our dogs stay inside there when outside. We know the boy isn't back there or our dogs would have thrown a fit. I doubt very much if he would be in our subdivision at all. But we are within the radius being searched tomorrow. We're supposed to get a reminder on our phone in the morning. Almost time for the 11 o'clock news. I hope there will be an update.

Finally on the news we saw the father of Omarion, JH. He seemed like an OK guy from the brief bit we saw of him. Someone told my daughter that Omarion's parents have been together for 20 years but I don't know if that is true. They have been together for awhile because he said they lost their house when he lost his job a few years ago, and then CPS took their children before they could get on their feet and get what CPS considered adequate housing. It's a coincidence that the dad has the same first name as one of my grandchildren. I got the impression that the dad loved his son.

Kids are often removed from biological parents when one goes missing.
Why does the same not apply to foster parents?
Especially when there is such clear neglect here?
Wow.

Thanks Jan.

If he was just going over to the splash pad that eliminates the thought I had of him possibly seeing someone he recognized and trying to get to them, but was being stopped.

I'm back to the issues I have with searchers finding nothing, divers finding nothing in the lake, according to media reports sonar of the lake hasn't shown anything, and apparently the thermals done of the area haven't turned up anything either.

Dogs not picking up beyond the parking lot. If he were hidden somewhere in the park from what I've seen out of the dogs at least one would hit at something.

That leaves me at the conclusion of him leaving in a car with someone, but who?

Does he even have a "home" to come back to? There's no way he can go back to the foster family who almost seem to have been waiting for him to disappear that day. And forgive me for being so judgemental, but why does his bio mother keep having more kids if the reason she lost the others was inadequate housing? There's more to that story. The Duggars had 14 kids and were living in a 3 or 4 bedroom house back when their TV specials first started.

I'm glad to hear they're doing a big search tomorrow but I wonder why they didn't do it this way sooner?

I've found the 2 facebook pages of the bio mom but I don't think I am allowed to post them. She is supposedly an RN and she writes/records music apparantly in a (home?) studio. Her identical twin baby boys that she has custody of are nearly 3 months old and very cute. One of her older kids is married and one seems to be going into the military. From her facebook pages, she doesn't seem like a bad person. I've seen a lot worse. It appears that she and the father of her children have been together for many years. She says 19/20 years they have been together. I think people are being too hard on the bio mom. I think she and Omarion's dad tried to raise their kids and care for them the best they were able to at the time. As for the foster mom, I don't have much sympathy for her. She took in these kids and failed to give Omarion proper supervision. Since she had a big family group at the park, why didn't she assign one person as a buddy to Omarion to keep track of him at all times? I suspect the foster mom is into fostering mainly for the money it pays. It appears that she still has custody of some of Omarion's siblings and I think the court hearing was an attempt to get them out of the foster mom's home. The bio mom kept Omarion safe for 9 years and that is more than the foster mom did. I hope Omarion will be found safe in tomorrow's big search that will be covering a lot of territory. I don't think the bio mom or dad had anything to do with Omarion's disappearance. I think he was loved by them.

i keep checking this thread so much... really hoping for a happy ending here..

I hope the search today finds him safe and well. I was so scared yesterday when I read that the bio-father had acquired an attorney, another search of the water and then a press conference. I'm so relieved it wasn't bad news. I'm holding on to hope that he's ok and will be found soon.

I was out and didn't get home in time for noon news reports but heard update on WWJ radio (CBS, Detroit). Extensive professional search ongoing throughout the day, and authorities continue to interview both biological and foster families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back