FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This "connectivity" thing keeps running through my mind. I've been completely pooh-poohing the whole "third alternative medicine doctor to die in the last month" thing, because it's way too tinfoil hat for me. But........the comment about "books and movies will be made about this case"...well, sadly enough, murder cases revolving around money and infidelity are kind of a dime-a-dozen. But a case about some kind of mega-conspiracy about a mysterious cabal going around killing alternative therapy doctors...that screams out "movie script."

Supposedly the other two doctors (Bradstreet and Hedendal--someone purporting to be from Bradstreet's family has posted on the page) were contacted by federal investigators prior to their deaths. If it turns out that Dr. Sievers returned from her vacation early so she could meet with federal investigators, I'll have to make myself a tinfoil hat.

Yeeeeaaaaa. The thing is: doctors can be a very disfunctional group. They can be unhealthy, won't go to the doctor themselves (mine won't go to the dentist). Apparently one of those docs died naturally and happened to be in the car (heart attack?) and the other was actually raided by the FEDS from what I have read.

I've known docs who scammed medicare for profit (resulting in charges), and Believe it or not I know one who was on trial for murder years ago but acquitted. (Not medically related either). I know docs who killed themselves at work.

The one who shot himself in the heart-- I'd like to know with what kind of gun. A little 22-- suspicious. A 45: not suspicious at all. People can and do kill themselves by shooting themselves in the heart/chest area.

I think the anti-vaccine crowd overestimates their importance. Vaccine science, IMO, is very straightforward and clear: there is no conspiracy to take down the "industry". Vaccines are safe and effective and have saved millions of lives over the years and have helped eradicate diseases. There is no secret testimony that is supposedly so threatening that people need to be silenced. All of my kids have all their vaccines (including guardisil for both boys and girls-- it is the first cancer vaccine available).

Regarding the timeline: Dr Sievers had a 6:45 appointment in Naples Monday morning at the fitness place. She supposedly did not show up. I assume LE will determine if this information is correct, as it would open up an additional angle in the investigation. So she would have had to leave at around 6 or 6:15am on that morning to show up in time. That would require to get up by 5 am or earlier.

It was a 6:45 PM appointment.

I keep thinking that perhaps someone syphoned, embellezled or stole money from her and she was murdered before she could reveal their secret. Perhaps 2 or more people are involved. Or...Something illicit at her office either illegal treatment or drugs and if revealed would cause her to lose her md license. She may have murdered before she could reveal the truth.

I think someone was very very angry at her!
Overkill......Personal!

I feel uncomfortable even posting this thought, but it would explain quite a bit. Could she have been involved with someone and needed to talk to him...possibly breaking things off. To avoid neighbors seeing a car in the driveway, maybe she picked him up somewhere and brought him back to her house. A fight may have started in the car; hence, evidence in the van. Possibly the argument led into the house and dogs didn't bark because this was not a stranger to them. Perhaps the women she worked with were aware of this other person and had reason to be quickly concerned and felt it was safest to call police instead of chekcing on own. To add to this, maybe he did not kill her at first and left. Possibly came back in own car and that is when the murder took place. And in the end, maybe he is the one that called to report her home needing to be checked.

This is the scenario I first imagined as well.

It was a 6:45 PM appointment.

He explained it that she didn't show up and he called and left a voice mail. It wasn't until he opened the morning paper on Wednesday morning that he found out she had been killed.

Would her working with the transgender community and possibly a lynch mob after her be movie and book worthy? By the book and movie comment this story sounds huge. Maybe angles we havent fully dug into. Also the comment connections. The plot thickens.

Yeeeeaaaaa. The thing is: doctors can be a very disfunctional group. They can be unhealthy, won't go to the doctor themselves (mine won't go to the dentist). Apparently one of those docs died naturally and happened to be in the car (heart attack?) and the other was actually raided by the FEDS from what I have read.

I've known docs who scammed medicare for profit (resulting in charges), and Believe it or not I know one who was on trial for murder years ago but acquitted. (Not medically related either). I know docs who killed themselves at work.

The one who shot himself in the heart-- I'd like to know with what kind of gun. A little 22-- suspicious. A 45: not suspicious at all. People can and do kill themselves by shooting themselves in the heart/chest area.

I think the anti-vaccine crowd overestimates their importance. Vaccine science, IMO, is very straightforward and clear: there is no conspiracy to take down the "industry". Vaccines are safe and effective and have saved millions of lives over the years and have helped eradicate diseases. There is no secret testimony that is supposedly so threatening that people need to be silenced. All of my kids have all their vaccines (including guardisil for both boys and girls-- it is the first cancer vaccine available).

Oh, I agree with you 100%--I don't actually think there's any validity to the "three doctors" conspiracy thing at all. I just meant that the sheriff's comments seemed to indicate that the case would end up being completely out of the ordinary and unexpected for a murder case, but that murder cases driven by infidelity and/or money are sadly not out of the ordinary or unexpected. If there was some kind of anti-anti-vax big pharma conspiracy, Jim Carrey would be looking nervously over his shoulder right about now--

It sounds like she worked with the trans comunity by prescribing hormones. That doesn't sound risky to me: there is a good chance if the person already transitioned that others wouldn't know they were sitting by a transgendered person.

It may be only a select group of people knew about this.

But in the interest of exploring: what would be the threat of death here?

IMO, it was someone from her office past or present. Cannot wait to arrest(s) have been made.

It sounds like she worked with the trans comunity by prescribing hormones. That doesn't sound risky to me: there is a good chance if the person already transitioned that others wouldn't know they were sitting by a transgendered person.

It may be only a select group of people knew about this.

But in the interest of exploring: what would be the threat of death here?

Well probably people out there that hate transgenders same as they do gay people. Maybe they wanted to stop her. jmo

Oh, I agree with you 100%--I don't actually think there's any validity to the "three doctors" conspiracy thing at all. I just meant that the sheriff's comments seemed to indicate that the case would end up being completely out of the ordinary and unexpected for a murder case, but that murder cases driven by infidelity and/or money are sadly not out of the ordinary or unexpected. If there was some kind of anti-anti-vax big pharma conspiracy, Jim Carrey would be looking nervously over his shoulder right about now--

Haha. Right about Jim Carrey! I agree with the concept that adultery/embezzlement/murder is all too common, so what would be the jazzy element that sets this apart?

Could it be as simple as the normal route for murder is still shocking in this part of Florida?

Ritualistic murder? I don't know. Seems to me like this poor woman had a target on her back for a while and never knew it.

How about a conspiracy within her office? People she trusted.? That would be a book and movie deal.

Some thoughts

1. People associated with the doctor sure are focused on money and business. Doesn't fit with the focus being so much on the spiritual aspects of healing. A real disconnect to me

2. Hopefully she had training or learned through experience about boundaries between doctor and patient. Did she have on call partners?

When I am done with the doctor, I make an appt with the scheduler. There is no way a doctor could keep track of their schedule. There would be no reason for a patient to know that the doctor will be out of town. Was it just for the weekend?

And how would a patient know the doctor is home alone?

3. Àlternative medicine is used by regular doctors. For instance, the Mayo clinic has massage therapists. The University of Minnesota has alternative therapies section.

There is a lot of room for abuse in alternatives as people are desperate.

I know many doctors are upset that medicine has gone the way of big business instead of being a healing art.

I don't know how to word this as tactfully as I intend to............but if the fundraising goal of a whopping 1 million dollars was intended to replace the doctor's earnings over a period of time, well........why would anyone (the spouse, the business colleague/LMT who wrote the blurb in the g0fundme page) expect that other people should essentially finance the surviving spouse and his 2 childrens' lives? It's not like the husband was some disabled individual who would not be capable of finding another job and support his 2 children? Being in the health care field myself, working with and being friends with many doctors, I know for a fact that if any of them were to pass unexpectedly (whether murder, accident, otherwise), their surviving spouse would not EVER go for ANYONE setting up an online fundraising acct.......not even for basic funeral expenses.

Now I see in the comments on the doctor's page, there are a few expressing shock at the amount of the fundraising goal (no doubt), and someone made the comment that *if* the set goal is not reached, whatever monies are donated will just sit there, non-accessible............is this true?

BBM. No, it's not true. Another poster posted a Q&A link. That statement was an out and out lie, and smells of strong arm tactics to get people to rush and donate.

LE will no let the request for a million dollar jackpot go unnoticed. Thats a HUGE red flag since it was established practically before her body even got cold. jmo

It is def. someone connected to the Doctor. LE knows who did and are connecting the dots with the physical evidence. This is why nothing is being leaked and why computers from both home, office have been seized along with tons of other evidence including the Van.

There was an earlier post indicating Dr. Siever's was previously married to a Kenneth Cousins. Has any information been posted regarding him?

IMO, I believe some are reading too much into this GoFundAccount. Those Accounts are so common and inappropriately used every single day. Go in there an just browse in the system and you will get the jest. I think the Office Staff along with the Business Best Friend/Partner set this up with good intentions to "help" the family. I honestly think the $1MM was an arbrtrary number and only significant as to being just not classy. Will they raise this, no!!

As as far as Dr. Siever's clinic not accepting insurance, there are a BUNCH of wellness clinics that do her line of treatments which include hormone replacement and balance (like the Holtze Clinic here in Houston, TX) that only takes cash, check or credit card when service is rendered. These types of services are not covered by insurance and only because the prescriptions/vitamins and treatments are usually compounded and usually only the prescription medicine would be covered. Some types of these treatments are holistic. Dr. Siever's clinic if anything like the Holtze Clinic was bringing in some bank without hassling with insurance companies.

-- ccp

BBM, I have to disagree since murders of this type are usually committed over money or sex.

I just caught a minute of NG last night and someone said these cases or usually motivated by money or love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52