CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mo., Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it is possible he was on an "errand" (maybe delivering weed or hoping to get smoked out by a friend) when he stopped at happy mart. so if the baby was in fact asleep he would be like "cool i can do this errand easy peasy" maybe ran into someone's place to do whatever and thought it would be a minute, took a bit longer thqan he thought, came back, baby overheated and dead and he hid her?

i think it was that type of scenario, if he was involved. i dont htink he nefariously murdered her. i think it was carelessness... manslaughter...

What? Then something is REALLY wrong with his actions and story.
I thought he said he was driving around to calm her down and yet this fussy baby is 'asleep' in the store???
Nope not buying it.

Is it possible or probable that this sweet baby was deceased when he took her in the store?

I mean if she is asleep why drive around to calm her down?

If baby Ember was deceased that might explain him not strapping her in.

Dear Lord I do not like the way this is headed.

i do have to say though, he passed by happy mart at like 904 and it was not dark.

Yes it is important to clarify for any newcomers that while baby Ember was reported missing 5:26am July 2nd, there is reason to believe that whatever happened to her happened the night before on July 1.

Also, if the timestamp on the video at Happy Stop shows him driving back by a little after 9, it would have been dark by the time he got back to the Noosha Lane property. Sunset was 8:44 according to poster above

i do have to say though, he passed by happy mart at like 904 and it was not dark.

Agree it doesn't appear to be very dark. Like Voices4 said...there actually doesn't appear to be much difference in the hour between the two pics which I find really odd. Redding is a bit north of me so it probably stays light a little later than in my area. But still I am surprised at how light it appears in the 9:0X video still

I think it was reported that he turned off the swamp cooler, which is an evaporative cooler---a cooler that uses evaporation to chill the air.

Does anyone know why he turned the cooler off with it as hot as it was even in the night? I find this statement odd and unusual. I think it has significance to the missing baby but I don't know how. Why did he turn it off?

i think it is possible he was on an "errand" (maybe delivering weed or hoping to get smoked out by a friend) when he stopped at happy mart. so if the baby was in fact asleep he would be like "cool i can do this errand easy peasy" maybe ran into someone's place to do whatever and thought it would be a minute, took a bit longer thqan he thought, came back, baby overheated and dead and he hid her?

i think it was that type of scenario, if he was involved. i dont htink he nefariously murdered her. i think it was carelessness... manslaughter...

But that brings us back to SC's claim that she saw MG with Ember in his arms after his trip to Happy Mart. I wish we had a better time frame for it. Either she saw them after the missing hour or she saw them after the Happy Mart trip but before the missing hour. I assume she could verify that Ember was alive when she saw them.

This is so frustrating.

ETA: I just realized they moved this group to "secret" and if you are not a member you will not be able to see anything. Also, they have deleted that particular thread.

What thread was deleted?
Is there more news on the area searchers found yesterday and police roped?
Are the search dogs on site yet?

Jumping ahead to ask if it's been stated anywhere exactly what time Ember went from being in mom's custody that day, (July 1st I'm assuming), to being in dad's custody?

What time did mom leave the baby in Dad and Dad alone?
What time did she return to her parents without baby?
Were she and baby staying with him prior to the decision for then to really reconcile?

maybe she was mistaken, or maybe it was prior to the trip. he wasnt at happy mart until 8.

But that brings us back to SC's claim that she saw MG with Ember in his arms after his trip to Happy Mart. I wish we had a better time frame for it. Either she saw them after the missing hour or she saw them after the Happy Mart trip but before the missing hour. I assume she could verify that Ember was alive when she saw them.

This is so frustrating.

Agree it doesn't appear to be very dark. Like Voices4 said...there actually doesn't appear to be much difference in the hour between the two pics which I find really odd. Redding is a bit north of me so it probably stays light a little later than in my area. But still I am surprised at how light it appears in the 9:0X video still

Also look at the overall resolution in the earlier and later pics - they're clearly different. The camera is a color one and has decent resolution so very likely it has an auto setting to adjust for light levels. For example if the camera has a light meter the iris will open wider in order to gather more light as it gets darker out. So it was probably darker outside than what it looks like in the photo. That makes sense for a security camera otherwise it would be useless at night. I can't be sure but it looks to me like the truck's lights are on.

ETA: I live in WA and last night it was definitely dark within 20 - 30 minutes after official sunset. You can tweak a camera but you can't tweak nature.

Does anyone know why he turned the cooler off with it as hot as it was even in the night? I find this statement odd and unusual. I think it has significance to the missing baby but I don't know how. Why did he turn it off?

He said it was "chilly" and LE questioned that, again stating how hot it had been and that it would still be pretty warm in the trailer.

Honestly, I can't wrap my brain around that thought... The cooler would have HELPED his story, making it harder to hear the "kidnapper", so I've no idea why he would turn it off or say he did.

I wonder if they sold her?

That's an idea not talked about too much at this point. Who would they sell her to? For what?
She was / is a sick little baby not sure if she would go in an adoption black market baby ring.
I think she is gone because her medicine wasn't taken. If they sold her the baby would need the medicine.
I realize someone could get additional meds other ways but I think if she were taken, sold etc her meds would have also been taken.
JMO

Also look at the overall resolution in the earlier and later pics - they're clearly different. The camera is a color one and has decent resolution so very likely it has an auto setting to adjust for light levels. For example if the camera has a light meter the iris will open wider in order to gather more light as it gets darker out. So it was probably darker outside than what it looks like in the photo. That makes sense for a security camera otherwise it would be useless at night. I can't be sure but it looks to me like the truck's lights are on.

Yes on the camera resolution regarding the brightness of the photo.

The data for that day in Anderson:
Sunset: 8:43pm
Twilight: 9:16pm

I live a bit south of there and I know in our area it seems to take FOREVER for it to get dark enough for fireworks on the 4th -- they never start until at least 9:45.

And yes, it does look like his headlights might be on in the later picture.

I think we are being technical regarding SC's comments. She said "before the sun went down" which means different things to different people. I think it would be safe to say that most people would not know the exact time for sunset. They probably feel that the sun goes down when it gets dark but in reality it can stay fairly light in certain areas after the sun has official set. It sets around 8:30pm here but it is light enough outside for my husband to be doing yard work until 9pm. My daughter argues with me about bedtime because at 8:30/8:45 it is still very much light outside.

I am just inclined to believe SC. My personal opinion is that she if she was going to make something up to cover for her BF's cousin she would be a bit more exact about when and what she saw. I also find the 5am timeframe odd. If something happened the night before and the baby was never there why wake up at 5am to start the charade? Why not give yourself even more time and wake up at a reasonable hour?

I think this dad is guilty has hell of disposing of the body and is probably guilty of her death in a negligence sense. I think something happened over night and she died and he woke up during the night for some reason and realized she hadn't woken up once during the night which was unusual and found her dead. I think he panicked and disposed of her quickly and close by before sounding the alarms that she was missing. I suppose this idea just sits better with me as I have a hard time reconciling how a father that seems to be loving could intentionally kill his infant daughter the 1 time he is actually solely responsible for her. It just makes sense that this was a terrible accident that probably has drug use involved and he got scared and actually has a lot to loose in regards to legal issues as well as the mother that he was just getting back together with. People make stupid decisions when they are scared and unfortunately I think this will turn out to be one of those times.

What time did mom leave the baby in Dad and Dad alone?
What time did she return to her parents without baby?
Were she and baby staying with him prior to the decision for then to really reconcile?

Good questions.

Just for getting bearings -- if she was staying with her parents in Shingletown, that's at least 35-40 minutes east of where he lived.

How expensive is it to run? He appears to have virtually no money.

How do we know MG went to SC's trailer for the water after he went to the Happy Stop? Maybe he was there closer to 7:50ish PM. All I've seen her say is it was before sunset but no idea HOW much before sunset it was.

ETA: especially if SC "somehow" knew exactly what time the sun set that day. Things that make ya go hmmmmm.

I think we are being technical regarding SC's comments. She said "before the sun went down" which means different things to different people. I think it would be safe to say that most people would not know the exact time for sunset. They probably feel that the sun goes down when it gets dark but in reality it can stay fairly light in certain areas after the sun has official set. It sets around 8:30pm here but it is light enough outside for my husband to be doing yard work until 9pm. My daughter argues with me about bedtime because at 8:30/8:45 it is still very much light outside.

I am just inclined to believe SC. My personal opinion is that she if she was going to make something up to cover for her BF's cousin she would be a bit more exact about when and what she saw. I also find the 5am timeframe odd. If something happened the night before and the baby was never there why wake up at 5am to start the charade? Why not give yourself even more time and wake up at a reasonable hour?

I think this dad is guilty has hell of disposing of the body and is probably guilty of her death in a negligence sense. I think something happened over night and she died and he woke up during the night for some reason and realized she hadn't woken up once during the night which was unusual and found her dead. I think he panicked and disposed of her quickly and close by before sounding the alarms that she was missing. I suppose this idea just sits better with me as I have a hard time reconciling how a father that seems to be loving could intentionally kill his infant daughter the 1 time he is actually solely responsible for her. It just makes sense that this was a terrible accident that probably has drug use involved and he got scared and actually has a lot to loose in regards to legal issues as well as the mother that he was just getting back together with. People make stupid decisions when they are scared and unfortunately I think this will turn out to be one of those times.

I'm not doubting SC but rather trying to pinpoint the timeframe. I'm sure she gave LE a better description than what msm reported. If you're correct then the Happy Mart videos are kind of moot anyway.

So if something happened later that night, which is possible IMO, do you think he disposed of her body on foot or in his truck? Would the cousin and SC hear his truck starting up in the middle of the night? LE says there are gates that would need to be opened too. I don't know how loud a swamp cooler is when it's running though.

One msm article mentioned something about MG's ankles being swollen, as if he had done a lot of walking. His dad said it was due to an old burn which required skin grafts but it could fit with MG leaving his house on foot.

I hate to think that Ember's buried somewhere near the trailer but she's so very tiny... :(

How expensive is it to run? He appears to have virtually no money.

He probably has some kind of arrangement with the person who is responsible for the electric bill on the property... flat monthly fee or something. There's not really an easy way to calculate exactly how much his trailer would be using.

How do we know MG went to SC's trailer for the water after he went to the Happy Stop? Maybe he was there closer to 7:50ish PM. All I've seen her say is it was before sunset but no idea HOW much before sunset it was.

ETA: especially if SC "somehow" knew exactly what time the sun set that day. Things that make ya go hmmmmm.

Here's what msm reported:

A neighbor on the Noosha Lane property recalled seeing Matthew Graham on July 1 after he returned from Happy Stop Market.

Sara Chabino said Graham stopped to get water and had Ember in his arms. She said she did not see the time and only knows that it was before the sun went down.

“I get it that it looks suspicious. I’ll be the first to admit it, but it’s not impossible for someone to have gotten inside,” she said.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/missing-infants-father-ordered-released-from-jail_19702151

Jenny Espino ‏@jennyespino_RS 22h22 hours ago
Neighbor @ Noosha Lane prop where #BabyEmber reprted missing says Matthew Graham had baby in arms when he came 2 get water after run 2 store

https://twitter.com/jennyespino_RS/with_replies

SC could have been mistaken though like you said and actually saw him before the Happy Mart run. That would make more sense but going strictly by the facts as we know them it sounds like it was after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay