CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that has been bothering me is the lack of concern regarding the safety of EG. If I were JG's parent I would do everything in my power to keep Ember from living in that kind of squalor . I mean no running water , garbage everywhere , no real sewage disposal . I get people live different lifestyles but this kind of chaos is unacceptable . Also , you can't tell me that JG didn't know MG has a drug problem and you also can't tell me that she never shared that info with her family . It seems like no one cared enough to raise a fuss before the unthinkable happened and now that is has we're all a bunch of self righteous snooty jerks for pointing out the obvious ?

Didn't I read the other day when they released MG that his monitoring ankle bracelet was removed?

Would that mean that he was wearing the monitor when Ember disappeared? If that's true, it should be possible to get a GPS report of where all that monitor went the night she vanished.

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed and rejected.

Didn't I read the other day when they released MG that his monitoring ankle bracelet was removed?

Would that mean that he was wearing the monitor when Ember disappeared? If that's true, it should be possible to get a GPS report of where all that monitor went the night she vanished.

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed and rejected.

He only had the GPS ankle bracelet on for a day or so after this arrest, then the judge ordered it to be removed. He did not have one on before. He was on probation, but no ankle bracelet then.

Thanks for clearing that up! This thread has been moving awfully fast.

Was he ever charged with anything except parole violations with his latest arrest? As frustrating as it is, I imagine they can't order the GPS ankle bracelets and such for an old parole violation. I know he was named a POI, but I don't think he was charged with anything, at least from what I remember reading.

Very thoughtful post. I'm also interested in whether it's "fenced in". It's a low-end trailer park road. It's HARD for me to believe it's a gated community. But I don't know. There are lots of neighbors - other trailers - from what I can see on Google maps.

Here's what I've come to know. He tried to get his girlfriend back, and was excited she was coming back to him, and he adored his baby girl (or at least the idea of her, he hadn't been around her much). The woman was coming back to live with him the next day, and so he had the baby girl the night before. This is ALL RUMOR, facebook stuff. He clearly seemed to want them back.

I wish I had better recall of names, of kids missing because people creep in during the night and steal kids. While adults are either sober and asleep or drugged or drunk and just can't possibly give information about what happened.

For those who are better at recall:

a 4 year old girl, Denise, in Canada, First Nations community, who knows what happened to her
a 3 year old girl near Galveston, Dannariah Finley, taken from her house, who knows what happened to her, she was found dead on the beach
Jessica Lunsford, kidnapped by John Couey out of her trailer while grandparents slept and her dog slept on her bed

This does happen. To rule it out automatically seems premature.

Once again, I do not know but one case where a baby was taken from his or her home in the night. And by "taken", I do not mean murdered by parents and reported missing. I mean taken. Show me more than one or two proven cases of an infant abducted from his or her home at night.

It it just really doesn't happen. Not statistically. Abductors want older kids. Babies who disappear out of their beds at night are killed by parents. Except one case that is suspected by family to have been a crazy acquaintance who stole the baby boy from his bed, I don't know of one case of an infant stolen from his or her bed at night. No such cases where infants have been reported to be missing from their beds at night have been proven to be an actual abduction as opposed to family murder.

First time poster here! please be patient haha
Did anyone else see that the search has been suspended, too many inconsistencies from the Dad.

Welcome gmomof03!!!!!!!

I would give you a better welcome if I had access to my regular computer!!!

The search was reported suspended but they did more searches. So who knows what's happening!

Tho not an expert on body language or facial expressions, MG looks terrified . Like he's going to get caught . ( vigil photos) . The talk about coyotes in the area is a sickening but absolutely accurate statement.

I only saw one photo & haven't watched the video yet but I saw anger. He's pissed.

He was arrested because he did not disclose to his probation officer that he was taking prescription drugs. I'm sure a standard urine drop would show what substances were in his system. He also admitted to smoking and manufacturing wax. He also failed to finish a work program which was part of his probation.

I wonder why he wasn't court ordered into treatment. Sounds like he needs it.

[bbm]

because he had to be free to look for his baby :facepalm:

Perhaps because he was pumping gas? Maybe he ran in and grabbed the soda and candy at the same time he paid for gas. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend him because I really have no idea, but IMO there's a pretty logical explanation to be parked where he was.

I think at the time that post was made, we didn't realize there was a gas pump there

I think at the time that post was made, we didn't realize there was a gas pump there

Thanks, yes, I'm definitely a little behind! I didn't realize 5-6 pages had been posted since I was last on here.

Maybe this is just a crazy thought but I'll put it out there...
LE is saying that it's a new lead and not a tip...MG was released from jail, and they are following him and tracking his every move, I'm assuming. So maybe he visited this area at some point since his release? Maybe in the middle of the night??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most infants are killed by parents/step parents. If he's killed her I bet he goes back to where he dumped her.

Perhaps because he was pumping gas? Maybe he ran in and grabbed the soda and candy at the same time he paid for gas. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend him because I really have no idea, but IMO there's a pretty logical explanation to be parked where he was.

My thing is - if he was planning to harm her - why bring her into the store at all? The type of person he is being described as - seems to be the type to just run in and come back out. I think he planned no harm to her at that point but something went wrong after this store visit. He left her outside somewhere or got highly annoyed with the crying. I also don't think he took time to bury her - I think she will be found in water or a secluded repository. The incident could have happened during the night after he returned . he may have purchased his drugs and did them at home and could not handle the crying.

Once again, I do not know but one case where a baby was taken from his or her home in the night. And by "taken", I do not mean murdered by parents and reported missing. I mean taken. Show me more than one or two proven cases of an infant abducted from his or her home at night.

It it just really doesn't happen. Not statistically. Abductors want older kids. Babies who disappear out of their beds at night are killed by parents. Except one case that is suspected by family to have been a crazy acquaintance who stole the baby boy from his bed, I don't know of one case of an infant stolen from his or her bed at night. No such cases where infants have been reported to be missing from their beds at night have been proven to be an actual abduction as opposed to family murder.

I am of the thinking that MG was responsible ...but I also love hearing other possibilities because there is always a first time for everything. The only way I can remotely believe it was someone else is if that person had something to gain by taking Ember or a revenge to settle. I will state that I don't think any of the possibilities I list below actually happened but they have crossed my mind:
1. An ex or current girlfriend got angered over JG moving back. Maybe MG had been playing both sides . Since money is tight maybe support payments were an issue. Why I don't think this is the case: MG would admit those things by now and let the true abductior take the fall because there is no jail time for cheating. Plus, I doubt he is paying anyone support .

2. Someone already on the property took Ember because they no longer wanted him there and waited for an opportunity to frame him . Why I don't believe this: they could easily report him for other crimes and have him removed.

3. JG was tired of the amount of care the baby required and tired of MGs inability to be the husband she wanted . Got him to agree to keep the baby one night and took her when she knew he'd be passed out . Why I don't believe this: high risk of being seen or caught if he woke up or neighbor saw car. Cameras may be on the route over (not sure ).

4. MG owed money and someone came to collect and took Ember out of revenge. Why I don't believe this : MG probably would report this rather than risking jail himself.

The only way I see another person taking Ember is if it was someone who knew MG extremely well and totally came/went undetected. They would also have to have a strong reason for wanting her gone. I will never believe a stranger just walked in - that would be too coincidental. Burglars want easy money and the trailer isn't the most enticing .

This is hitting too close to home for me. My daughter is 34 weeks pregnant with her husband. She just let him move back in, they've been separated 6 months this time. He's a two time felon, theft and habitual prescription drug abuser. Not his prescriptions either. They've been together 8 years and married for 3 years. When she kicked him out in January he had pawned items worth thousands some of the stuff he'd stolen from employers. He can't keep a job and will spend every dime he can get on prescription drugs.

This case is my nightmare every night, I dream of this happening to my granddaughter and she's not even born yet. My daughter is 26 years old, a college graduate and makes 30k plus working in Behavorial Health. But I can't convince her that this does and can happen to anyone. It's always one more chance, he promises he will do better.
I am so sorry! I was young and in a similar disfunctional codependent relationship when I was pregnant with my oldest. My best advice is love on your daughter and let her know that any time, day or night, she can come to you no questions asked. My mom let me know this in her quiet, non-judgmental way, and I took her up on it at 3 am when my daughter was two weeks old. Most likely saved both our lives. I will be thinking of you guys. Hugs!

My thing is - if he was planning to harm her - why bring her into the store at all? The type of person he is being described as - seems to be the type to just run in and come back out. I think he planned no harm to her at that point but something went wrong after this store visit. He left her outside somewhere or got highly annoyed with the crying. I also don't think he took time to bury her - I think she will be found in water or a secluded repository. The incident could have happened during the night after he returned . he may have purchased his drugs and did them at home and could not handle the crying.

BBM. Pure speculation: Maybe he wanted her to be in an air-conditioned store while he pumped gas? We don't know how long he was at the store, and nowadays leaving a child (or animal) in a hot vehicle are making headlines.

I am of the thinking that MG was responsible ...but I also love hearing other possibilities because there is always a first time for everything. The only way I can remotely believe it was someone else is if that person had something to gain by taking Ember or a revenge to settle. I will state that I don't think any of the possibilities I list below actually happened but they have crossed my mind:
1. An ex or current girlfriend got angered over JG moving back. Maybe MG had been playing both sides . Since money is tight maybe support payments were an issue. Why I don't think this is the case: MG would admit those things by now and let the true abductior take the fall because there is no jail time for cheating. Plus, I doubt he is paying anyone support .

2. Someone already on the property took Ember because they no longer wanted him there and waited for an opportunity to frame him . Why I don't believe this: they could easily report him for other crimes and have him removed.

3. JG was tired of the amount of care the baby required and tired of MGs inability to be the husband she wanted . Got him to agree to keep the baby one night and took her when she knew he'd be passed out . Why I don't believe this: high risk of being seen or caught if he woke up or neighbor saw car. Cameras may be on the route over (not sure ).

4. MG owed money and someone came to collect and took Ember out of revenge. Why I don't believe this : MG probably would report this rather than risking jail himself.

The only way I see another person taking Ember is if it was someone who knew MG extremely well and totally came/went undetected. They would also have to have a strong reason for wanting her gone. I will never believe a stranger just walked in - that would be too coincidental. Burglars want easy money and the trailer isn't the most enticing .

BBM. Looking at another angle:

5. Person who knew drugs were available in the trailer. If someone did come in--whether s/he was let in or broke in--and drugs were involved, who knows what may have happened? To stay on this track--if he was partying with someone and he passed out maybe he doesn't know what happened.

Just tossing more ideas out there. I also love hearing other possibilities because there is always a first time for everything.

Thank you for saying this. I"ve been posting this same fact on twitter and facebook - and can post the stats sheets to back this up -

The US dept of justice's most recent report on missing children shows that of some 797,000 missing kids:

about 115 were kidnapped, by strangers.

about 5% of those were kidnapped from within their home.

pretty much all of them had some evidence of breaking and entering.

This case does not have that evidence.

Anyone REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY think she was taken from her home by a stranger?

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/196465.pdf
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/196467.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members