AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone took anything from the suitcase I would imagine they might be too scared or enbarrassed to come forward.
If there was a place where they could anonymously leave what they had taken I wonder if any more items would turn up ?

especially if it's little children's trinkets/ornaments, purse, jewellery or even a jewellery box (with the little ballerina). Those kinds of things would be taken, imo.
I hope everything taken will be brought in.

there really aren't that many

I was actually surprised at how few there are - so much so that I questioned whether the police website was up-to-date

I don't think it would take long at all to eliminate by gender first, then probable age & size

however, I think that will simply be a practice in elimination because this child was likely never reported missing

Really hoping they are able to identify this little person through dna. If the remains are very old then there's numerous missing kids cases they will have to check Australia wide, this could take a very long time I'd imagine [emoji17]

What about it being a family member who was not emotionally attached to the child? A stepfather who participated in the murder? What about a negative emotional attachment (if there is such a thing)--a family member who hated her or him? Do you think either of those are unlikely given the manner of disposal?

Yes, anything is possible and there have certainly been cases where parents or other family have been callous in their disposal; however, it's just much less likely from a criminal profiling point of view. A close family member with a negative emotional attachment would very likely be considered mentally disordered (for the purpose of profiling) and this falls outside the norm. A step parent (or other relative who may have less attachment) I feel would be more likely to go to greater lengths to hide the evidence, as a discovery and ID of the remains would be easier to lead back to them.
The circumstances of the disposal indicate that the person who dumped the remains isn't too concerned about them being found, so it's highly probable (but not definite) that they felt confident an ID wouldn't lead back to them.
It's difficult at this point, as we are all limited in our knowledge of what evidence has been found, so there's just no way of knowing, unfortunately. Your theories are as good as mine :)

ETA: Just on this point, if it was a step parent or other relative, the child will very likely have been reported missing by other family members, so an ID will be more likely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes and there might even have been a name on something.

especially if it's little children's trinkets/ornaments, purse, jewellery or even a jewellery box (with the little ballerina). Those kinds of things would be taken, imo.
I hope everything taken will be brought in.

that's a good maybe theory :thinking:

I always seem to be 2 pages behind. :gaah: And chiming in with my maybe theories.
So here's another.

Maybe the skeleton was not immediately recognizable because it was wearing the clothes. It's a horrible thought, but is the only one that makes sense to me.

Did anyone see the video of a reporter interviewing one of the ladies who seen the man walking thru town with the suitcase? She mentioned there were only 17 people who lived in town

Yes, anything is possible and there have certainly been cases where parents or other family have been callous in their disposal; however, it's just much less likely from a criminal profiling point of view. A close family member with a negative emotional attachment would very likely be considered mentally disordered (for the purpose of profiling) and this falls outside the norm. A step parent (or other relative who may have less attachment) I feel would be more likely to go to greater lengths to hide the evidence, as a discovery and ID of the remains would be easier to lead back to them.
The circumstances of the disposal indicate that the person who dumped the remains isn't too concerned about them being found, so it's highly probable (but not definite) that they felt confident an ID
wouldn't lead back to them.

It's difficult at this point, as we are all limited in our knowledge of what evidence has been found, so there's just no way of knowing, unfortunately. Your theories are as good as mine :)

ETA: Just on this point, if it was a step parent or other relative, the child will very likely have been reported missing by other family members, so an ID will be more likely.

Interesting but murderers and those under stress of being discovered do all sorts of odd things - we can only guess at their motivations - and we only have very few of facts

maybe to us it looks like they weren't too worried about the suitcase being found - but was actually quite a good choice ?
it is a fairly remote area , they did hide behind the bushes ,
Maybe no where near where they live
Nothing in suitcase that leads to them
They had cared for this child ( in their own perverse way ) keeping it close to them until something happened
Maybe this was the best hiding spot given circumstances

Plus I still think about all the horrific things that happen to children including the way their bodies are disposed of and they are mostly murded by parents or step parents .

I think the very small numbers of missing children in Australia certainly point towards family murderer

Wynarka is a very small town in South Australia 120 kilometres (75 mi) southeast of Adelaide on the Karoonda Highway (B55) and Loxton railway line in the Murray Mallee. Wynarka lies within the District Council of Karoonda East Murray. The current boundaries of Wynarka include the former locality of Kulde, the next railway station towards Tailem Bend, named after the local Aboriginal word for "brothers".[2]

Population 167 (2006; District Pop, not town)

The name Wynarka is from the Aboriginal word meaning a strayer.[3]

There is an automated telephone exchange, CFS station, small post office and payphone in the main street. There is also a football oval and tennis/netball courts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wynarka,_South_Australia

I wish the notion that the perpetrator may have suicided had been put forward without pointing to an individual because it struck a chord with me. Not that person, but the possibility of suicide. Put the body where it will be found to give the family some closure, and the person who put it there time to die on his own terms.

Interesting but murderers and those under stress of being discovered do all sorts of odd things - we can only guess at their motivations - and we only have very few of facts

maybe to us it looks like they weren't too worried about the suitcase being found - but was actually quite a good choice ?
it is a fairly remote area , they did hide behind the bushes ,
Maybe no where near where they live
Nothing in suitcase that leads to them
They had cared for this child ( in their own perverse way ) keeping it close to them until something happened
Maybe this was the best hiding spot given circumstances

Plus I still think about all the horrific things that happen to children including the way their bodies are disposed of and they are mostly murded by parents or step parents .

I think the very small numbers of missing children in Australia certainly point towards family murderer

Regarding the spot being a good choice - does anyone know what kind of road works were completed alongside the site? If the road was widened or re-routed slightly, perhaps the site was further away or less visible from the road previously, or maybe there were originally more bushes and other vegetation that had been keeping the suitcase hidden at first?

I am interested in all theories,
However, I first thought of Kiesha Abrahams/Wippeart when I saw this on the news.
Her mother killed her and then with the aid of the stepfather, put her in a suitcase, took her to the burial location and burned it, then buried it. There are parents often in the news who do horrific things to their own, some seem to have no conscience, so I am not ruling out the parent possibility yet, given the thought that a child has not been reported missing that points to anything else yet.
I do wish it had never happened. :(

While there's no way to be exactly 100% sure at this stage (because humans aren't robots and are only somewhat predictable), it's quite unlikely that the person (or people) who disposed of this little angel is in any way emotionally attached to him/her. If it were a family member, it's much more likely the remains would have been disposed with a little more respect than just dumped alongside a highway.
Having said that, it's possible it was a family member if the area in question has some significance to the person who dumped the remains (how long has the highway been there. What was located there prior to the highway being built?) or the person could have mental issues of some sort.
I'm just guessing based on the very limited info we all have access to, but I'm thinking the possibility of a paedophile ring is strong. Also, because of the callousness and brazenness of the disposal (assuming there's anything in the spottings of the man carrying the suitcase), the child might not even be an Aussie kid, but a child smuggled in after being traded from overseas, hence the dumper seeming unconcerned by the possibility of the case being found. All MOO though.

ETA: Just wanted to say I'm not picking on your post in particular Karo - yours was just the most convenient post to launch from :)

I wish the notion that the perpetrator may have suicided had been put forward without pointing to an individual because it struck a chord with me. Not that person, but the possibility of suicide. Put the body where it will be found to give the family some closure, and the person who put it there time to die on his own terms.

I agree JLZ. I really don't usually post possible scenarios - but somebody who was possibly terminally ill could have 'cleaned house' so to speak rather than have family members weren't left to find something awful they had done? Could have even been somebody moving house and not wanting to leave evidence behind before they moved on.

I have a feeling they were shot in the head which is how they knew it was a murder before forensics really became involved. That just makes sence to me more than anything :/ horrible thought I know :( I'm sure my neice had a jacket like the one found and that was over 14 yrs ago. Think the Dora top Is from a set of pjs too. Seems more pjs than other clothing in there. :/

You can't help but think of poor little Keisha with the suitcase aspect of this case.

So now I am wondering ... if a birth is recorded - how easy is it for someone or a family to simply go off the grid (even for legitimate reasons such as travel or seeking an alternative lifestyle) and a child disappear under those circumstances? I mean the majority of us register with Centrelink for one reason or another, if only to receive allowances or payments to do with parenting - but would there be any checks at all if a child was registered at birth and then wasn't heard of in any government system again??

Regarding the spot being a good choice - does anyone know what kind of road works were completed alongside the site? If the road was widened or re-routed slightly, perhaps the site was further away or less visible from the road previously, or maybe there were originally more bushes and other vegetation that had been keeping the suitcase hidden at first?

I'm thinking the same thing that possibly the suitcase was originally buried and the earthworks unearthed it.

Many murder victims are buried alongside a roadway. :thinking:

I doubt the road works would have gone that far into the bush Hun. It was prob stuffed under shrubs and they thought it would never be noticed :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48