ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Totally cleared would only happen when they close an investigation I think. Or are certain of what happened. But obviously LE has investigated and found nothing to suspect them.
The investigation is not finished, so we don't know if they found anything or not.

I am always suspicious of unneeded information and so is LE.

This made me think of a possible scenario, pure speculation, jmo, etc.

Parents tell only D. to stay with GGP and take his nap. Then they walk off and instead of staying behind D. follows them.

In that case it would be only D. knowing he was supposed to stay and that's why GGP and friend didn't know they were supposed to be watching him and putting him down for his nap.

Just a thought.

When LE talks like this to the media it usually means they have a lot of information that they are not willing to share to the media (delicate, important information) but they share pieces here and there after being probably nagged over and over by reporters. Something is coming. I get the feeling.

I've been thinking this for a couple of days now, both that they have more info/evidence than they've revealed, and the only reason they're talking is due to reporters nagging them. I think I posted my opinions twice this weekend while responding to people saying there's no evidence. We don't know there's no evidence. We only know what we've been told.

For instance, why would small town LE waste resources on those drones for a potential trial? That makes no sense to me unless they have more than their saying. Although after looking at the drones (they're like little remote controlled helicopters, not those airplane-sized things I was picturing) I don't think it was that expensive.

Yeah, I'll get back up on my fence now.

Legal Question: The term "person of interest" (in the US) is a term used for ANY case or only in criminal investigations?
I am not a Lawyer, but I believe I can answer this.

Legally speaking, there is no real term "person of interest". This is a media term picked up long ago and it covers a wide range. The best description, to my knowledge, is simply someone LE would like to talk to in an effort to obtain information. The "person of interest" could be a witness or a suspect. However, when LE actually identifies someone as a "suspect" it takes on a legal framework. It changes how they go about interviews, surveillance, and pursuing the person. They usually do not classify one as a suspect until they are very close to an arrest. Person of interest can be the preferred terminology until that time. It is usually only applied to criminal cases.

If the parents are not suspects, and they passed the lie detector tests, would there be any reason for LE to withhold the results? Or does LE not always release lie detector results, regardless if the POIs passed?

Right. Totally cleared would only happen when they close an investigation I think. Or are certain of what happened. But obviously LE has investigated and found nothing to suspect them.
The investigation is not finished, so we we don't know if they found anything or not.

Sometimes I wonder if, when parents of a missing child are cooperating but there are suspicions by LE, that LE doesn't want to jump in and say they are suspects so the parents don't clam up and lawyer up. Provide somewhat of a false sense of security to the parents so they keep talking and paranoia is kept at a minimum (in the case the parents are guilty of something). Not saying that is the case here, I have no clue.

That definitely has happened in various cases.

If the parents are not suspects, and they passed the lie detector tests, would there be any reason for LE to withhold the results? Or does LE not always release lie detector results, regardless if the POIs passed?
Everything is still part of the investigation. They have no obligation to us to release it.

The investigation is not finished, so we we don't know if they found anything or not.

True, but based on LE's statements, their actions, the parents' statements and level of cooperation, when compared to countless other missing kid cases, not one darn thing indicates even slightly that the focus is on the parents at this time or that they found any evidence indicating any foul play of any kind.

SHERIFF: Family friend not a suspect in Deorr Kunz case - East Idaho News

EastIdahoNews.com spoke with Reinwand briefly Monday morning on his doorstep. He confirmed Deorr was with him and the great-grandfather before he went missing, but Reinwand declined to answer further questions.

Something is really wrong here.
"I don't recount" Reinwand says to the reporter

(in my patient studies they say
-I can't remember- means you are trying to remember
-I don't remember- means you do not want to remember)

JMO

Someone posted a timeline of events which I found very useful and there has been one thing bothering me for a while.

If you are driving 2 1/2 hours to a campsite don't you try to make sure you have everything you need? Of course, you're bound to forget something, but to drive all that way with a toddler and then get back in the truck and drive 40 minutes each way to a store over rough roads to pick up a few things seems odd.

To me, it would have made sense that a list would be made and one person go to the store instead of them all going. The father did say in the interview that they went as a family.

JMO

True, but based on LE's statements, their actions, the parents' statements and level of cooperation, when compared to countless other missing kid cases, not one darn thing indicates even slightly that the focus is on the parents at this time or that they found any evidence indicating any foul play of any kind.

Except for LE saying they are POI...

So you think LE might be lying and the parents have been suspects the entire time?

eta: missing word
I don't think they've been lying. It's all in the verbaige. They are not obligated to tell us anything during an investigation.

Everything is still part of the investigation. They have no obligation to us to release it.

I understand that. I guess I was thinking that since the sheriffs/LE have been so positive and supportive-sounding of the parents that they would have released passing results in an effort to help calm the firestorm of social media speculation that they speak out against.

I do not think they would tell us anything. We have no idea what they think. Why would they compromise their investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname