ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this video has already been posted but I didn't find it in the media/timeline thread and I haven't seen it before. I have to admit that up to this point I've been somewhat skeptical about what really happened to little Deorr, but in this video all I see is two grieving parents.

[video]http://m.localnews8.com/news/Family-holds-vigil-for-missing-toddler/34151958[/video]

Also, Re: some photos posted on the aunt's FB, they are of little Deorr standing in shallow water with what appears to be a fishing pole - he is so precious :( . I wonder where / when those photos were taken. I just bring them up because the obvious delight on his face shows how much he enjoyed the water, there doesn't appear to be any fear there. Yet if he did get down to the water and drown, with all the extensive searching why wasn't he found? It's just a mystery how he wasn't found at all anywhere in that area, unless he was abducted. Now I'm wondering if anyone noticed any suspicious characters at the store when they were there who may have been listening or over heard them say where they were going, or even followed them. Someone familiar with the area. I also haven't heard whether that store had video cameras. Does anyone know ? TIA

Another thing, according to the FB comments on the aunt's page, there has definitely been a lot of negativity and bashing of the family which would explain some of the demeanor and statements in mom and dad's interview. Plus I imagine that most people, myself for one, wouldn't exactly feel comfortable being interviewed and basically being put under a microscope while the whole world is watching... and possibly blaming you for your baby missing. I sincerely hope and pray to never be in that position. :scared: Ok, I'll shut up :blush: Well, just one more thing: this silence is deafening.

No I don't either. I think a tragic accident happened due to leaving a helpless two year old with two people not capable of watching him. And though I don't think the parents harmed him, nobodys pictures could have been more loving than Casey Anthony's pictures of her with Caylee. Jmo

If this is the case, someone spirited his body away very carefully.

Is Idaho a really religious state? And if so which religion? My USA geography isn't superb but isn't Idaho right next to Washington and Oregon? Is it not as liberal as those states? I honestly have no idea. I know states like Alabama, Georgia, Texas and Tennessee are kinda Bible Belt aren't they?

1. Was the store (Stage Stop?) clerk interviewed about a possible 6 pm sighting of DeOrr?
2. Were DeOrr's blanket, cup and monkey in the truck or with DeOrr at the campsite when he disappeared? The blanket was in the truck... Kunz says. http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks
3. How did GGF and IR get to campsite?
4. Does GGF walk with a cane or in a wheelchair?
5. Was camp set up when DK, JM, & little Deorr went back into Store.
6. Is little Deorr talking a lot, making complete sentences?
7. Did IR take a polygraph?
8. What supplies were found at the campsite for DeOrr? (clothing, diapers, food, bottles, toys, sleeping bag)
9. What time was the 2nd 911 call made?
10. Where exactly was IR when Deorr went missing? Was he at the campsite with ggf or elsewhere? They had left the boy with his grandfather and a friend, the Post Register reports. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/...ontinues-at-reservoir.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy
11. Were all four adults at the campsite when LE/SAR arrived? If not, where were they?
12. What's the current status of the search? Are there any non-LE sanctioned searches occurring (groups organizing themselves)? Are the parents participating in any official/unofficial searches at this time?

13. Which members of the party went to the store?
14. Was everyone who went to the store SEEN by the rest of the party upon their return? (I.e. If 3 went, we're all 3 seen by the 2 that stayed back at the camp)

Is Idaho a really religious state? And if so which religion? My USA geography isn't superb but isn't Idaho right next to Washington and Oregon? Is it not as liberal as those states? I honestly have no idea. I know states like Alabama, Georgia, Texas and Tennessee are kinda Bible Belt aren't they?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_religiosity#Results

Idaho is the 21st most religious state out of 50. 42% of Idahoans identified as "very religious".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho#Religion

LDS - 23%
Evangelical Protestant - 22%
Catholic - 18 %
Unaffliated - 18%
Mainline Protestant - 16%
Other - 3%

Idaho, particularly southeast Idaho, has a large Mormon (LDS) population. I don't sense that either JM or DK are active in the church but they may have distant relatives that are (speculation only based on FB profiles). The Mormon religion is very conservative.

ETA: Idaho Falls (where DK and JM live) is 57% Mormon (http://www.bestplaces.net/religion/city/idaho/idaho_falls)

can someone tell me exactly where they were among the rivers up there...I'm getting a headache on mapquest...were they near the salmon river? upper or lower?

TIA.

Idaho, particularly southeast Idaho, has a large Mormon (LDS) population. I don't sense that either JM or DK are active in the church but they may have distant relatives that are (speculation only based on FB profiles). The Mormon religion is very conservative.

ETA: Idaho Falls (where DK and JM live) is 57% Mormon (http://www.bestplaces.net/religion/city/idaho/idaho_falls)

I think IR may be, and I only think so because it looks like he has 9 brothers/sisters... jmho could just be a big family...

I think IR may be, and I only think so because it looks like he has 9 brothers/sisters... jmho could just be a big family...

Yes, I agree - his mother's obituary indicates she was LDS (doesn't mean IR is active in the church but his family is/was Mormon).

can someone tell me exactly where they were among the rivers up there...I'm getting a headache on mapquest...were they near the salmon river? upper or lower?

TIA.

It's on a stream that joins several others at the Lemhi River, which flows into the Salmon River.

My first post here but I have read all the threads on this case. I can not get passed the fact that the scent dogs did not follow a trail of any kind leaving the camp site. His scent would have been very fresh and the dogs would have picked up on it immediately if it was there. They didn't. This tells me the child did not wander away on his own and was not dragged away by an animal. He wasn't scooped up by a bird either.

He is not in the creek. It was searched and he is not there. It is narrow, shallow and full of debris, he did not float away. No scent led to the reservoir and he is not there, it was searched. The cremains are only interesting in that the cadaver dogs picked up a false positive at the reservoir. The divers didn't stop searching the reservoir because of cremains.

So, that only leaves 3 possibilities: 1) he was never there; 2) he was carried away; and, 3) he was driven away.

Dad tells the story of the trip to the store. I believe him. Why? Because the store would have at least one witness, the clerk, and is too easy to corroborate. I do not believe that the parents dropped the baby off, alone, on the side of the road back to camp or killed him and dumped him before returning to camp. If the child was never there, then there is no reason for the store story. The baby was there.

Therefore, this child was taken away by a human being or beings while all the adults were pre-occupied with other things. I pray that he is alive but it is unlikely. I pray that the parents and family members are being loved and comforted by their community. They are living a nightmare from which they will never awaken.

thanks carbuff. ok I give up. I'm down a rabbit hole and I can't get out. help.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/fishingplanner/access/index.html

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/scnf/recreation/fishing/?recid=76008&actid=43

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/fish/?getPage=110

in the last link, only the areas listed in white currently have open seasons. now maybe the kunz group were just planning on casting or fly fishing off the side of a stream, which is probably fine, fun, unregulated and ignored. but I cannot make a connection with their campsite and any decent fishing zone in that 'neck of the woods'.

I don't know what, if anything, the community there thinks of the parents now, at the birth of their child, or any other time.

The church community can be...brutal. And helpful and kind. The brutal stuff tends to stick in one's memory longer and differently than the kind stuff.

I really don't know if this impacts this family or not. I only know what my experiences were and what I observed. HTH

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

They must be completely different than California ones. I'm LDS and from Cali and I don't get the whole "95% pure"?? What does that even mean?? That makes no sense to me the way they think. I think Mormons get a bad rap sometimes.

This is coming from a Mormon who believes in Marriage equality though so, maybe I'm just crazy in their eyes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first post here but I have read all the threads on this case. I can not get passed the fact that the scent dogs did not follow a trail of any kind leaving the camp site. His scent would have been very fresh and the dogs would have picked up on it immediately if it was there. They didn't. This tells me the child did not wander away on his own and was not dragged away by an animal. He wasn't scooped up by a bird either.

He is not in the creek. It was searched and he is not there. It is narrow, shallow and full of debris, he did not float away. No scent led to the reservoir and he is not there, it was searched. The cremains are only interesting in that the cadaver dogs picked up a false positive at the reservoir. The divers didn't stop searching the reservoir because of cremains.

So, that only leaves 3 possibilities: 1) he was never there; 2) he was carried away; and, 3) he was driven away.

Dad tells the story of the trip to the store. I believe him. Why? Because the store would have at least one witness, the clerk, and is too easy to corroborate. I do not believe that the parents dropped the baby off, alone, on the side of the road back to camp or killed him and dumped him before returning to camp. If the child was never there, then there is no reason for the store story. The baby was there.

Therefore, this child was taken away by a human being or beings while all the adults were pre-occupied with other things. I pray that he is alive but it is unlikely. I pray that the parents and family members are being loved and comforted by their community. They are living a nightmare from which they will never awaken.

Welcome and WOW what a brilliant first post!

I totally agree with you. Logically most theories can be busted because of evidence (or lack of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member