ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that little DeOrr doesn't seem to be holding his blanket, mug or monkey in the many photos available now. I really don't think his parents meant it so literally - that he never has them out of his hands. I took it to mean that they went with him on outings, holidays, sleepovers, etc. - not that he is clutching all 3 favorites at all times.

Does anyone remember the name of the company who ran the thermal imaging helicopter in the search?

I think the 2:35 may have come from the interview when they say JM called at 2:36, but the 911 timestamp is 2:28.

It seems odd to me that she has such a specific time in her mind but it's wrong. Why isn't she just saying "around 2:30" if she doesn't really know? What makes her think she knows exactly?

Towards the end of the last thread, there was discussion about what was meant by the father's comment "replica of a security blanket" in the interview video.

I think what he meant was that the term "security blanket" is a common term for either a blanket or some other toy or belonging that a small child derives comfort from, and here little DeOrr's "security blanket' is an ACTUAL "security BLANKET" so to speak. He could have instead said "it's a perfect example of a security blanket" and meant the same thing, but he used the word "replica".

My first thought was they had more than one blanket, which isn't uncommon when a kid has a favorite, a second is bought for wash day or in case the original is lost. The mom has the "extra" one, not the original. I'm not sure how much sense that makes though, because where's the original then and why wouldn't he say that?

IDtater said:
Why would there be rumors about his job security and any time off that may be necessary even exist at that point, let alone have enough steam to address them in the one sit down interview given by the parents?

bluesneakers said:
Because they'd gotten back to his employer and his employer told him to shut them down. JMO.

I find it highly improbable that during a time of such heartache for a family that a business would contact them and say "when you get in front of the media, please be sure to shut down the rumors about your job." That just wouldn't happen.

is there a written transcript somewhere of the parents' interview? not a video...TIA!

If baby never went anywhere without his blanket.. why was he walking around campground without it? he would have grabbed it when they took him out of the truck!

thank you, for some reason I have not been able to convey this, lol...but yes, why was he not given his blanket/monkey when he got out of the truck?

is there a written transcript somewhere of the parents' interview? not a video...TIA!

I thought that there was one, check in the first posts of the threads with all the media/timeline stuff...I know there have been bits and pieces in posts, I dont know how you would find those....

Could EMT bag be em teabag?

it is possible. could be:

empty bag

emt bag

a tea bag

all I feel sure of is that it is a BAG of some sort, but I don't know why this bag is important other than if it too was missing...

it is possible. could be:

empty bag

emt bag

a tea bag

all I feel sure of is that it is a BAG of some sort, but I don't know why this bag is important other than if it too was missing...

I couldn't make out the words. All I heard for certain was "bag." Most people are saying "EMT bag." Is there a store that is known by the initials EMT? Is there a tea company called EM Tea?

Let's start a list of statements we want confirmed by LE or MSM. As you think of one, add it to the list and repost. If you have a link, please attach it next to the item on the list. I think we should number the list so we can keep track of which list is most recent. I'll start.

1. Was the store (Stage Stop?) clerk interviewed about a possible 6 pm sighting of DeOrr?
2. Were DeOrr's blanket, cup and monkey in the truck or with DeOrr at the campsite when he disappeared? The blanket was in the truck... Kunz says. http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks
3. How did GGF and IR get to campsite?
4. Does GGF walk with a cane or in a wheelchair?
5. Was camp set up when DK, JM, & little Deorr went back into Store.
6. Is little Deorr talking a lot, making complete sentences?
7. Did IR take a polygraph?
8. What supplies were found at the campsite for DeOrr? (clothing, diapers, food, bottles, toys, sleeping bag)
9. What time was the 2nd 911 call made?
10. Where exactly was IR when Deorr went missing? Was he at the campsite with ggf or elsewhere? They had left the boy with his grandfather and a friend, the Post Register reports. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/...ontinues-at-reservoir.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy
11. Were all four adults at the campsite when LE/SAR arrived? If not, where were they?

12. What's the story on the empty/EMT bag?

Because he was napping with it in the truck when the parents left for their walk?

that is what I am thinking...does this mean that he either got out of the truck on his own or was taken out by someone? Then why the story of GGP watching him and turning away for 4 minutes? Where was IR I wonder?

that is what I am thinking...does this mean that he either got out of the truck on his own or was taken out by someone? Then why the story of GGP watching him and turning away for 4 minutes? Where was IR I wonder?

If he was in the truck napping, then he really wasn't being watched (physically watched) by anyone. GGPA and IR might have been sorta kinda in charge of the campsite, but the little guy napping in the truck makes things a little different (imo, moo). Essentially, he could've awakened and toddled off, not wanted to fall asleep (exciting campground! stuff to do!) and toddled off, overheated and toddled off -- all without anyone noticing because he was believed to be napping in the truck. Which basically brings my thoughts full circle -- where on earth is he physically? I struggle to believe a little guy that young could survive out there this long without at least a little help, but I'd really like to think that IF he wandered off -- a big if at this point --, he's figuring stuff out okay and that's why he's been so hard to find. Because he's moving rather than sitting still.

It seems odd to me that she has such a specific time in her mind but it's wrong. Why isn't she just saying "around 2:30" if she doesn't really know? What makes her think she knows exactly?

I listened to the interview just now and the dad starts with saying 2:26 then looks to mom who says it was 2:36 when she called.

Just my observations/thoughts ... for anyone who has experienced sheer panic/anxiety - weird things (such as the time a call was made) become stuck in your mind. I don't know why that happens but it does. She may have looked at that time stamp a million times while waiting for help to arrive.

Also, the time on her cell phone may have been manually programmed instead of automatically set. Although mine sets automatically, it doesn't always match the time on TV or on other people's phones. I just never bother to set it based on the most accurate clock in the world because it's okay with me if it's off a few minutes.

Assuming he had his car seat buckled and fell asleep on the way back to camp, I don't see parents risking waking him by unbuckling if they're just going to let him sleep in truck. If that's the case, I really don't think he'd be able to get himself out. I'm not sure he'd be able to even if he wasn't buckled. My little one will be 3 in October, is on the smaller side and cannot get herself out of my car. He'd have to sneakily open the door far enough to comfortably climb out, without it closing on him, drop to the ground and wander off (without taking his favorites with him) without anyone noticing. I can't explain why the blanket was left in truck within TOS but don't think he was left in truck and climbed out.

I'd love to know more about where IR, GGPA and little DeOrr were when mom and dad went for walk. We're they sitting around the fire with little DeOrr playing next to them? Were they in a tent? And what's the relationship between IR and GGPA?? Seems an odd pairing. As a parent, I just can't imagine leaving my little one, awake or asleep, with a GGPA whose mental and physical limitations are so severe he couldn't possibly be a suspect and a guy you've only just met. So many questions and so few "real" answers.

There is a photo at the top of this thread.. was it taken when Deorr was at the campsite? Outfit is different than described, if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu